Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Vampire Night at the Movies

An odd mix of salted popcorn, butter, clove, and a few drops of stage blood.

In The Bottle: Salty, buttery popcorn! Seriously, it's like being in a movie theater lobby!

Wet On Skin: The stage blood is peeking out now, smelling a wee bit like candy syrup of some kind (no surprise there!) but the buttery popcorn is still dominant.

Dry Down: This. Is. So. Delicious! I'm a long-time fan of the Lab's popcorn note, as I hoard Shill. This is more subtle than Shill, though. The corn is still very present, but it's mixed with the blood and the clove to make something that is surprisingly subtle, very close to the skin, and foodie but without being over the top.

In All: Low throw, a yummy subtle skin scent, it's got a 'warm, cozy' vibe, slightly similar to Hod, but with a homey character all its own.

I love it! :wub3:

The butter and clove almost put me off this one but as I loved Movie Night's popcorn note and quite liked the mental image of popcorn with blood on it, I thought I'd throw caution to the wind and go for it.

Well. Hello perfect popcorn scent! Without that jellybean note (not knocking Movie Night here at all, I adore it and use it whenever my husband and I go to the cinema) it becomes a really brilliant popcorn blend. The clove is very, very subtle and barely noticeable. I get a tiny bit of butter. The blood is more of a sweet syrup that blends in well with everything else. Great concept, great notes, great perfume.

I really love popcorn and buttery scents, so I went with a full bottle instead of a decant of this. It is even better than I was hoping it might be.

The clove and blood in this smell like a spicy dragon's blood to me with a hint of sweet cherry (and I usually hate cherry, but it's just a tiny bit of extra sweetness here). It's a pretty even mix of sexy, dark, clove spiced dragon's blood and fluffy, airy, lightly salted popcorn with a hint of a creamy, buttery note. The butter is creamy and subtle, though, not smelling like I dropped movie theatre 'butter' on myself.

I love this scent so much. It is Evil Popcorn and it is amazing. Airy, fluffy popcorn mixed with sexy, dark, clove-spiked dragon's blood incense. Dark, sexy, and wonderfully unusual.

Edited by Little Bird

Wet: Popcorn (so realistic!), Dragon's Blood, and Clove. Strangely compelling! I don't do that well with Dragon's Blood - I like it in theory, but it always amps way up and gets too heady. I also struggle with buttery notes. Somehow they are both tempering each other though, and this is just....super interesting! A bit sweet, a bit salty, very dark and unusual. Very unique. But would I eve WEAR it?

Dry: This has gone from popcorn to more just...corn. Which is actually still quite pleasant. It's so interesting with the DB. I can't imagine ever wearing it, but I am so glad I got to try it! Beth's a genius.

Decant fresh from the mail:

Bottle: Yummy salty, buttery popcorn!

Wet: Buttery popcorn with red sweet syrup drizzled on top.

Dry down: The sweet red syrup scent is moving to the forefront, with buttery popcorn moving to the background.

Dry: The red syrup and clove is starting to amp on me now, but I still get hints of the popcorn.

This smells so interesting! I'm not sure I need a whole bottle of it tho.

Shill with a sweet syrup with clove drizzled on top. Buttery popcorn and glints of candy. Good throw and wear length.

This is sweet (thanks to the stage blood) yet salty buttered popcorn with a hint of clove that becomes more like a candy and popcorn scent over time.

I like this... a lot more than I thought I would, actually, but I am not sure how often I'd wear it, given that nobody ever likes it when I wear Mouse Circus ( :cry2: ), and this is even more popcorn-y.

ETA: Decided to destash my decant as I haven't worn it since I originally reviewed it (aside from retesting it) and I know that I won't reach for it over other popcorn scents that I rarely get to wear due to the dragon's blood in the beginning (even though it does end up being a really nice popcorn scent).

Edited by doomsday_disco