Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ReallyZeb

Oil To Help With Dread

Hi all,

I don't normally dabble in TALs but wondered if anyone could recommend one to deal with dread and foreboding?

My Dad has cancer which has metastasised into his lungs, and every time I go to visit (he lives long distance) I get worse and worse foreboding that this is the last time I will ever see him. I know at some point that will be inevitable but in the mean time, this feeling is paralysing me from doing anything useful for several days once I get home again.

I'm hoping someone can recommend something that might be useful.

ReallyZeb, White Light is the one I'd recommend. Here's the description:

An immensely potent purification oil. Anoint your chakra points and palms with this oil, and anoint white figure candle, a personal fetish, or any other object representing you. Purges your soul of dark and morose thoughts, and vigorously cleanses away day-to-day irritation and misery. Helps relieve stress and anxiety, and clears your mind of ugliness and clutter.

I think White Light is a good choice. Take a look at Peace, too (soothes frazzled nerves, brings serenity to the heart and tranquility to the home).

And it's a little less direct about eliminating dread, but you may also find courage blends useful given that you're feeling paralyzed. Particularly Crucible of Courage (imbues you with enormous amounts of courage. Use this blend when you feel weak, scared, or intimidated. Helps you find the strength to confront dangerous or frightening situations). Maybe also Wolf's Heart or Lionheart?

I personally use Crucible of Courage (under the Utility Blends category), but I know some people use Lionheart for similar issues.

Crucible of Courage - Imbues you with enormous amounts of courage. Use this blend when you feel weak, scared, or intimidated. Helps you find the strength to confront dangerous or frightening situations.
Lionheart - Infuses you with immense amounts of courage and drive. Useful to help you recover from intense depression and ennui. Brings on a positive outlook, renews hope, and replenishes positive energy. Fills your spirit with the courage and nobility of a lion, warmed by the life-giving joy of its solar aspects.
Edited by rawgirl75

Having been in a very similar situation to yours (I am SO sorry, by the way), I would recommend Peace. :-) Stay sane and I wish you and your father the best.

Ppl have already suggested my first thoughts - White Light & Anthelion - but I'd also suggest Wolf's Heart, which among other things

"Grants courage under extreme conditions, helps overcome fear of death".

for me, the musk note in the bpals managarm's bloody jaws, bub, creature feature, faunalia is extremely calming. this note is also in the TAL lionheart, but that TAL actually gave me my first and only ever panic attacks ever when I tried using it during a very stressful time in my life. go figure.

haven't tried peace or wolf's heart yet. did use crucible of courage on a candle and the ritual I did helped. I adore white light but I don't know if it's a perfect fit for this situation. I find it effective for banishing the bs of others: weird and petty coworker gossip, reading the comments, etc. it is an amazing blend and absolutely worth trying.

there was a small batch oil called "release" ("Use to break up old conditions and clear the way for positive change.") that isn't described as applying to your situation, but I used this when i was in a place where I was panicking and immobilized by grief and stress and found it immensely helpful and extremely comforting. again, go figure.

lavender and rose essential oils are good for calming and soothing. rose especially where the heart is made heavy as your situation may be doing. bergamot is also supposed to help with anxiety. cypress helps to imbue one with strength and cedar with courage. perfume oils of course are different than EOs, but bpal blends containing these notes may help. you might be able to sniff some of these at your local natural health/beauty shop and see if they make a difference. although you may not want it as it's difficult and painful, the time where you aren't able to do things may be time you need to sit and process. having and losing a parent or anyone close to you that you've known your whole life is a big big deal.

I'm so sorry you and your dad are going through this, Zeb. I hope that you find comfort and that you are able to spend more time together with him in the best health possible. hugs. big, big hugs.

I'm so sorry, ReallyZeb. :grouphug:

Radiance of Ra (Creates a nimbus of glittering solar energy. Aids in all healing work, unveiling lies and deceptions, promotes vigor and vitality, and grants blessings of joy and contentment) is the one I reach for when I'm feeling crushed emotionally. White Light works, too, but I like this better.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and kind words. (I'm now trying to find some of any of them so have posted in the Wanted section)