Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Looking for a BPAL that Resembles a Favorite Perfume

Is there a BPAL that is like Versace Woman?

Notes are: Frangipani Blossoms and Leaves, Jasmine, Bergamot, Eglantine, Padparadscha Lotus, Plum, Raspberry, Blue Cedar of Lebanon, Musk, Amber, Inoke Wood

It honestly smells sort of sparkling peach on me even though peach isn't a note.

Notes are: Frangipani Blossoms and Leaves, Jasmine, Bergamot, Eglantine, Padparadscha Lotus, Plum, Raspberry, Blue Cedar of Lebanon, Musk, Amber, Inoke Wood

It honestly smells sort of sparkling peach on me even though peach isn't a note.

I am not familiar with Versace Woman, but when you mentioned it smells like sparkling peach, I immediately thought of Tamora, which has: Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean.

I am not familiar with Versace Woman, but when you mentioned it smells like sparkling peach, I immediately thought of Tamora, which has: Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean.

I may give that one a try. Thanks!

Bon Vivant is quite like YSL Yvresse (which was my signature scent before I started wearing BPAL), but it conspicuously lacks the wonderful lychee note that makes Yvresse so unique. Any suggestions of things I could layer with Bon Vivant to make it more lychee?

Bon Vivant is quite like YSL Yvresse (which was my signature scent before I started wearing BPAL), but it conspicuously lacks the wonderful lychee note that makes Yvresse so unique. Any suggestions of things I could layer with Bon Vivant to make it more lychee?

I immediately thought of Fire Pig---it has an amazing litchi note unlike any of Beth's other blends with litchi. The light, fruity notes of Fire Pig seem as though they would blend beautifully with Bon Vivant. It's an LE but it wasn't super-duper popular; you could probably find an imp on the sale section. Good luck!

I am looking for a scent that resembles CLEAN perfume and CLEAN for Men. I have searched but cannot find an answer. Please Help!

Thanks

I am looking for a scent that resembles CLEAN perfume and CLEAN for Men. I have searched but cannot find an answer. Please Help!

Thanks

You're going to laugh, but have you tried Dirty? It has a soapy-clean smell similar to Clean.

Others you might like include Nuit, Mr. Ibis, Szepassony, Nyalarthotep (not sure if I spelled those last two correctly), and almost anything described as "ozonic."

If you like Ma Bar bubble bath bar from Lush, you would like _______________

Take a look at ladymissspyder's post in this same thread:

If you like O, try Tutti Dolci's Sugar Wafer lip gloss, Lush's Honey I Washed The Kids soap and The Ma Bar bubble bar, and Shi Kai's French Vanilla body wash.

Hope that solves your problem :P

I'm going to answer my own question in case anyone else happens to wonder about the same... And just because I'm super excited about it, too!

I was frimped Dragon's Milk in my last order and I've just tried it earlier today and suddenly thought "hey something smells familiar..." and yes, it is so much like Fyrinnae Pharaoh's Mistress - or at least has the note I loved the most about PM.

My life is perfect again. :P

This is a long shot but did anyone use Pharaoh's Mistress perfume oil from Fyrinnae? They discontinued all their oils so sadly I didn't get to order more. Their website never listed what notes it had and it's really difficult to figure out... but would love to find something similar if anyone can help!

I love Daisy by Marc Jacobs. Does anyone know how Maenad compares?

Daisy: top notes- wild strawberry, violet leaf, and ruby red grapefruit, heart notes- violet, jasmine, and gardenia, base notes- vanilla infusion, musks, and white woods.

On me: the strawberry amps, there's some green, only a hint of citrus. Later I get the vanilla and musk. Hardly smell any florals, very little woods.

To me, Ma Bar & HIWTK have some caramel notes w/ their honey goodness. And due to my severe caramel warping-and-amping issues (I bitch about them all over the forum, surely I've cornered you and complained once or twice :P ) I am the world's worst source of caramel recommendations. I bet if you dabbled with some caramel-y things. though, you might find something that complemented those Lush favorites even if you don't find something that's close to a duplicate.

O is especially tricky, it seems to be one of those BPAL scents that is wildly different from person to person and is either beloved beyond measure or the subject of dirty jokes. Maybe it's the honey, that does seem to be a note that can go very, very wrong on people that it doesn't love. It's also on the simpler end of the spectrum, there's nothing to hide.

Does anybody have any recommendations for a bpal similar to Gap's Heaven? Every boy I've ever dated has loved that scent on me - I'm starting to get superstitious about it... :P

Oh, I'd like to know this, too! I love Gap's Heaven. :D

For Christmas I got a bottle of Dior's new Midnight Poison, and I LOVE it... for like the first half hour. After that it gets soft, sweet, and kind of generic on me. (Sadly, everything turns sweet on me. I could swear bleach and it would turn sweet on me. ) According to this this review...

"Midnight Poison opens with a veritable roar of patchouli. It is that very clean patchouli that is in everything lately, and that only vaguely recalls the patchouli oil that once perfumed your local head shop."

I have a vague recollection of hating the smell of patchouli (probably the local head shop kind), so it came as quite a surprise to find out that it is the note I've been loving so much. I'd love to find some other patchouli scents to try (preferably with a little more staying power), but there are an overwhelming number of both scents with patchouli, and types of patchouli in the BPAL catalog. If anyone has smelled Midnight Poison and has suggestions for a similar patchouli note, I would really, really appreciate a heads up!

I caught a sniff of Gucci Pour Homme II last night, and I think it smells just like Bluebeard. I checked the notes and didn't see vetiver, so I'm wondering if it might in fact smell more similar to The Raven-- in any case, if someone liked one, they'd probably like the other.

PS: saosis, I wore Laura Ashley No. 1 for years... such a pretty scent!

Yes it is, isn't it? I was always complimented when I wore it and now it's gone, I really wish I still had some.

Daisy: top notes- wild strawberry, violet leaf, and ruby red grapefruit, heart notes- violet, jasmine, and gardenia, base notes- vanilla infusion, musks, and white woods.

On me: the strawberry amps, there's some green, only a hint of citrus. Later I get the vanilla and musk. Hardly smell any florals, very little woods.

Okay, I just ordered a free sample of this from the website! I smelled it in a magazine and it was great. I don't think Maenad smelled anything like it, though. On me, Maenad smells like a strawberry shortcake doll...but in the imp, it smells a bit more complex. i think it would be worth a shot....

Okay, I just ordered a free sample of this from the website! I smelled it in a magazine and it was great. I don't think Maenad smelled anything like it, though. On me, Maenad smells like a strawberry shortcake doll...but in the imp, it smells a bit more complex. i think it would be worth a shot....

Thanks! Maybe if I get some Maenad and mix it with something I'll find a close cousin.

Hello! Was wondering if Angel smells more like Masabakes or Xiuhtecuhtli, cos previously someone mentioned it didn't smell like the latter and I don't wanna get both cos I wanna try other scents (am totally new to this scents thing..)

Please help! :P

natarae, I can't speak as an authority on Angel at all, I have only smelled it once or twice on other people. However, after modding this section for 2+ years, I can say that many more people have said that Xiuhtecuhtli smells like Angel than any other BPAL blend. It doesn't mean that econley is "wrong" for thinking Masabakes smells like it - BPAL definitely is known for smelling different from person to person, and I think that Xiuhtecuhtli is also a more popular blend than Masabakes, meaning that odds are more people have tried it and therefore more people are prone to mention it.

If you need to choose between the two, maybe you should try Xiuhtecuhtli first - then if it doesn't fit your expectations, you can add Masabakesl to your next order.

I got a sample of L'Artisian's Ananas Fizz a year or so ago and really liked it. Are there any BPAL equivalents?

Ananas Fizz- pineapple, citrus essence (lemon rind, bitter orange, bergamot and pink grapefruit), pure rum, cedar, precious woods, cocoa milk, lychee sap, vanilla

Maybe it's just me but Green Tree Viper smells like Thierry Mugler's "Angel".

I liked GTV, but my evil ex-boss wore Angel all the time and I can't stand the smell.