Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TijuanaBible

Geisha in a Green Kimono

Gunpowder tea, yellow bergamot, white thyme, blackcurrant, red mandarin, wormwood, neroli, and green musk.

This scent came across as a bright citrus on me. The wormwood(? I think, I'm not very familiar with it) comes across in the dry down making it a little more green. The currant is light, but present. Overall, a sweet, citrusy green scent. Doesn't last too long on my skin, but it's worth carrying around to reapply!

Very citrusy on my skin, almost like a fizzy grapefruit and lemon-berry candy with hints of green tea. Citrus, sweet, and doesn't last very long on me.

At first this reminds me of Lovers in the Tea House, my bottle of which I dropped and shattered a few months back. 😭 Geisha in a Green Kimono is bright, and crisp, and sweetly citrus with a sort of soft muskiness underneath. I don't love it as much as LTH, but it's still very nice. Unfortunately, the green musk takes over fast on me, and while I like the note generally, it messes up all the loveliness going on. After an hour, it's nothing but green musk single note. Alas and boo.

Wet: mandarin, tea, and bergamot. It's almost effervescent but it's a bright citrus scent.

Dry (1hr later): green musk, a hint of bergamot, and none of the citrus now. It's nice but I probably won't wear this too much. Thankfully the musk isn't soapy, but sadly, not what I was looking for --off to swaps or sell.

Edited by suslee

Ok this is gonna be a longer review, bear with me.... I have The Words for this one!

One of my favorites. I've already ordered a bottle. I may need like 4 more... :wub2: Its severely headcloud clearing. Feels like someone took a weight off my temples! I have a tendency/talent (depending on how you look at it) to hyper-focus on almost anything. Like to the point that I can block out surrounding noise etc.. this brings me right out of that mode! Hence this is unexpectedly aromatheraputic.

Slightly musky, citrusy, deep green but airy herbal, dark gunpowder tea gorgeousness. The wormwood acts as a nice base note, grounding the bright sunny yellow bergamot and neroli. Never thought it could do that! Thyme should be used more often, like everywhere. Its great. This is no exception. Its the perfect airy herbal top note. I really can't describe it better than airy. Redcurrant flows around the outer edge to provide a slight sweetness without breaking up the smooth greenness.

Honestly, this is one of Beth's stroke of genius moments. I love when she incorporates uncommon herbals, ie: Gun Moll tarragon. Geisha in Green Kimono can turn your head from boulder to balloon in one sniff flat. That's my tag line.

Edited by SophieCedar

Green tea, thyme, and green musk. This smells green and fresh, tea and light musk. Low throw and wear length.

Blind bottle purchase from the lab because I am obsessed with light, tea scents, citrus and floating.

IN THE BOTTLE:

Wet citrus, effervescent tea, cool green with an absinthe ground. It's so nice I want to pour it over a sugarcube and drink it.

WET:

Enchanting, fizzy, citrus mixed with a touch of tart blackcurrant and wormwood, thyme herbal spice.

DRY:

Ahhhh, this is perfectly balanced and becomes a quiet yet spectacular fragrance. The bergamot and mandarin have smoothed into a green, crystalline treasure. I can detect the slightest bit of sweetness coming, probably from the blackcurrant.

NOTES:

Crisp, tart and refreshing, Geisha develops into a masterpiece, without ever becoming powdery, soapy or morphing way beyond its' intent. The wormwood works so well with strong citrus tones, creating an airy, crisp tea creation that I love to apply first thing the morning. It's like a sparkling, warm weather sunrise.

:heart: 9.0

Edited by Jenjin

In the decant, i can smell rosemary :think: . Once it hits my skin i can smell the wormwood, but after half an hour all turns into air fresher. was not expecting that.

In the decant: Citrus and herb soap with a bit of blackcurrant. Maybe that’s how the citrus and thyme is interacting with the green musk to my nose.

Wet: I am getting lots of citrus and tea. This one is still reading as soapy to me, sadly. After a few minutes, the blackcurrant note emerges and adds a bit of sweetness to the scent.

Dry: Now I smell like some thyme and citrus-filled sauce for some chicken with some green musk in the background. I think this is the third scent with thyme in it where I’ve amped the thyme, so I guess I officially amp that note.

Verdict: This one just doesn’t work with my skin chemistry. I’m glad I got to try it, though -- it has confirmed that thyme insists on being a main player on me.

*edit* I just wanted to comment that, when I tested this, I could still smell it on my arm the next morning! That's some serious longevity for a scent with several citrus components!

Edited by dementia_divine