Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

My Baby and a Baby Goat

Fuzzy baby goat musk, goat’s milk accord, wild rice flower, and a little bit of farmer’s market honey.

Everything about this is lovely on my skin. It's buttery, creamy, honeyed milk and rice flower with a hint of warm, soft, fuzzy musk. The honey and rice flower add a natural, soft floral tone, floating in the milkiness. I don't get any spices from it, and spice usually amps up on my skin. The words that always come to mind when I wear this are 'soft' and 'natural.' It's light, creamy and comforting to me.

Honeyed goat's milk. It's darling- something you would want to dab on a baby. I keep thinking it's one I need to trade away, as I don't find myself reaching for it very often, but every time I do wear it, I find myself compulsively sniffing my wrists. The sweetness of the honey is in perfect balance to the slightly acrid note of the goat's milk. I don't detect much of a musk note or anything more than the slightest mellowing from the rice milk, but overall it's a clean, sweet, innocent, scent.

I tried a different decant exactly a year after the first time, and it's still the same: The Witches plus a little musk. My skin is weird, but at least it's consistent.

I have an oversized grey cashmere sweater. I wear this article when its cold out, on rainy days, on very lazy weekends, and when I feel blue. Its not the most elegant item I own, but its just so right.

This perfume is what I reach for every time I want to put on that grey cashmere sweater. They go together like nothing else.

This is a rich, milky cream with a touch of honey and musk. Its a cozy scent, and perfect on a stormy, cold day.

I have 3 little girls goats so I had to get this one. There is nothing like the smell of baby goats.

Wet: vanilla cream from far away. Close up I get creamy rice with a little bit of musk. It's a dainty smell. It doesn't smell like goat for those worried about that! (That would be a plus in my book...)

Dry: I don't love it, but it is the perfect scent for work. It's not at all offensive. I would describe this as a spring scent.

Dry it is goats milk covered rice with musk (non goat musk) so pretty true to the description, at least on my skin.

I will keep this one for the name and because it would make a good scent for when my normal powerhouse scents are inappropriate. I think it would be a great scent to mix into a hand lotion.

For those wondering, is smells nothing like Depart pour le Sabbat

I absolutely love the goat's milk note, and My Baby and a Baby Goat is full of win for me. I get good throw from this when wet, which is rare for my skin, and excellent wear length. On me, this is mostly honeyed goat's milk with a sweet musk in the background. It is a pure comfort scent, a guaranteed smile scent. Thank you, o generous-frimping swap partner!!!

In the Bottle: Straight up goat butter. It's a bite of creamy tang with a light sweetness in the background.

Wet: The tang softens pretty immediately on my skin  and becomes much more subtle. It's still there, but in the background allowing the cream to shine. I am not getting musk, but there's soft fur in this, I swear. There's a lightly sweet floral hanging back--like a shy preschooler--she's not scared, just a little shy and observing before she comes out to play.

Dry: Honestly, this is just delicious. Soft, musky, creamy, very light floral with a smidge of a bite-just a faint memory of a prick, really.

A friend is having an her farm warming party this weekend, with vaccinated family and a couple of friends who are family, and I think I need to wear this, so the goats recognize me. 😊

Edited by katharina
To add spacing. Don't stand so close to me, we're in a pandemic for fuck's sake.