Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Quick question... what scents remind you of demons? Any demons at all... biblical or modern or any other kind! I'm looking for perfumes, room sprays, candles or hair gloss. I'm sure the lab has loads but seeing as there's no 'demonic' tag I thought I'd come here for guidance. :)

Also, as tempting as it may be to recommend limited editions, I probably won't be buying any because of the obvious difficulty in trying to get ahold of them x( . Still interested in reading about them though!

Thank you :)

Ligur and hastur from the good omens collection are based on demon characters and smell dark and smokey and rich and sinister.

Edited by annemathematics

Quick question... what scents remind you of demons? Any demons at all... biblical or modern or any other kind! I'm looking for perfumes, room sprays, candles or hair gloss. I'm sure the lab has loads but seeing as there's no 'demonic' tag I thought I'd come here for guidance. :)

Also, as tempting as it may be to recommend limited editions, I probably won't be buying any because of the obvious difficulty in trying to get ahold of them x( . Still interested in reading about them though!

Thank you :)

Check out the Diabolus section in particular. First one that comes to my mind is Djinn. Soooo smoky. Al-Shairan is nice. And I really like Lilith too (that one's in Excolo).

Gore shock. Smokey, burnt,flesh. Sky city after, smoky,asphalt as if a demon is rising from the pit

Well, not specifically demonic, but Whitechapel is evocative of the demons within.

And for playful demons there is always Goblin, and Imp. I like playful demons.

Wait! What about Lillith?

Edited by stellamaris

Crowley is inspired after a demon character.

Not a smokey or fiery scent. More like sexy in a sinister way demon.

GC

Al Azif - An Arabic term that refers to both the chirping of nocturnal insects and the ambient sound made by the chattering of demons. A sinister, sinuous incense of summoning, a herald and paean to the Primordial Gods of Darkness, Chaos, Madness and Decay.

Incubus - Spectral white musk and the heart-stopping chill of sheared mint, fanned by caramel-touched body heat, and the diabolical sensuality of black musk, nicotiana, and sage.

The Isles of Demons - The scent is of wet, dark greenery, carnivorous flowers, volcanic gas, and the hot black musk of the demons and wild beasts that populated the islands.

LE

An Incubus Leaving Two Sleeping Women - Vanilla-infused white honey, magnolia, skin musk, ylang ylang, and beeswax with patchouli, olibanum, kurundu, and a feral brown musk.

Hellhound on My Trail - Bay rum, bourbon vanilla, galangal, hyssop, High John the Conqueror root, tobacco, life everlasting, and brimstone.

Succubus (DCed) - The scent of their skin is bittersweet, dusky and terminally seductive. Mimosa, orange blossom, neroli and bergamot with a drop of sweet clove.

The Hell-Gate of Ireland - Smoldering brimstone, bitter labdanum, clove, black musk, and copper-colored feathers.

The Infernal Lover - A creamy, sensual, honeyed red musk.

The Wild Men of Jezirat al Tennyn - Fiery, primal, and precociously diabolical: red amber, Spanish moss, Indonesian patchouli, ambergris, red pepper, two cloves, and vanilla flower.

I like Al Azif the most out of these... it's much gentler than it sounds, but still has a bit of mystery about it. The current Luper blend, Mars Ultor, actually made me think of an incubus/succubus as well. It has a smoky sweetness that feels alluring but powerful.

*edit* Forgot Lucifer, duh! Patchouli, golden amber, deep woods, fig, and vetiver.

Edited by Balame

Ah ha. Here's a GC no one's mentioned yet, Rakshasa

"This haunting, exotic scent is named in honor of the shapeshifting demons from Hindu mythology. Sandalwood with rose and patchouli"

Fallen refers to the big guy himself, Lucifer, as does Old Scratch. Lilith is the queen of demons and smells appropriately demonic. There's also Red Devil and the Jersey devil.

My personal favorite however is Al Azif, said to represent the chattering of demons.

HTH

And I hope I don't sound like I'm obsessed with demons or anything, I just think these smell awesome.

Edited by sprout

Seconding the recs of Old Demons of the First Class and Al-Shairan, and throwing one in for The Great Sword of War. It's deep, musky, and has a certain level of fiery ferocity that certainly screams "War", but is also quite fitting for a sleek, sexy devil.

Fallen refers to the big guy himself, Lucifer, as does Old Scratch. Lilith is the queen of demons and smells appropriately demonic. There's also Red Devil and the Jersey devil.

My personal favorite however is All Azif, said to represent the chattering of demons.

HTH

And I hope I don't sound like I'm obsessed with demons or anything, I just think these smell awesome.

note to self...Sprout is totally obsessed with demons...

Or, there's always the anti demon, like Kill Devil

You can also go to where the demons live, like the Isle of Demons (sounds really nice, I've never tried it!)

Edited by stellamaris

Akuma? It smells more like one of those sweets-loving demons from manga/anime. It has a similar vibe to ( gorgeous, and lamentably DCed) Succubus.

The trading Post has the Demon's School atmo. spray.

Smutty Goblin hair gloss (though it's LE), reminds me of a dark, potentially demonic, carnival.

And, as Balame mentioned already-- though LE-- if you can get your hands on the Infernal Lover, that's some sexy demon there. Pandemonium is pretty devilishly sexy, too.