Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Apple and white mint layered with tobacco flower, pink pepper, white jasmine, bourbon vanilla, orange blossom, and champaca flower.

I picked up an extra bottle of this at NYCC. The jasmine and vanilla and orange blossom are just so sweetly pretty in this scent. The mint and champaca give it this interesting ethereal quality. Somehow it ends up a bit juicy and sweet but not too much. The apple is also not overpowering.

This is such a pretty scent! The mint settles quickly and just keeps the scent fresh smelling as it dries, the apple and vanilla and florals are light and sweet. It has an almost misty feeling, very much the feeling of a garden at dawn... soft and gentle. It is very sweet, but in a natural fruit/floral sense, not in a cake/candy sense.

Thanks to Absinthetics for fairying this one for me! :wub2:

In the bottle: This smells like slightly-minty apple candy and orange blossom.

Wet: The apple and mint notes are at the forefront of the blend, but both of these notes are soft. I believe this is a yellow apple note (like a Golden Delicious). The vanilla note is present as well. This scent definitely smells pale. Orange blossom is an iffy note for me, but it is not causing problems here. The same goes for the jasmine. This is really well blended! Although it is sweet, I wouldn't say it is candy-like (even though that was my first impression when sniffing it in the bottle). The orange blossom note is becoming stronger on my skin over time, but doesn't overtake the apple.

Dry: Sweet, soft apple, accompanied by orange blossom, bourbon vanilla, and a hint of tobacco flower and pink pepper.

Verdict: This is a very pretty apple scent! I am glad I have a bottle of this, and I am curious to see how it will age.

My skin literally eats this up. I get whiffs of apple, mint, vanilla, jasmine and orange flower. On me, this is a sweet, delicate apple blossom + other florals sort of blend.

White, delicate, sweet.

In imp: Apple candy (the Japanese kind) and jasmine

On skin: jasmine and sweet apple with a bit of mint.

Dry down: sweet jasmine with a little bit of apple

Nice, I'm happy to have an imp of it, but I don't need a bottle.

Edited by Jangzonrice

In the imp, this smells strongly orangey; wet on my wrist it becomes more of a fruity bubble gum. It's a lot like the way lotus sometimes is bubblegummy, though there isn't supposed to be lotus in this.

As it starts to dry, here comes the jasmine, and I ask myself, "lady_pandora, will you ever learn?"

But soft! What light on yonder window breaks? 'Tis APPLE, and it's here to save the day!

Jasmine hangs around, but for once it actually deigns to share the spotlight, and so what I get is a blend of the apple, jasmine, and still the bubblegummy note. Close to the skin, there's a hint of spiciness that is probably the pink pepper, but that doesn't make it into the throw. I kind of like that in a metaphorical way; the throw says "I'm sweet and innocent", and then if you get up close and personal, the skin scent says "...well, maybe not so innocent." ;)

This is a really pretty floral/fruity scent that I think I'll wear more in the spring and summer. I want to be wearing this with a white sundress in a garden at twilight. It never quite stops being a tad bubblegummy, which keeps it from being a great love, but it deserves a medal for being the first blend ever where jasmine played nice on me. I probably won't hunt down a bottle but will use up this imp.

ETA: On repeat wear, I think the bubblegum note may be the pink pepper (like in High-Strung Daisies) plus a bit of the orange blossom, a really sweet version of OB like the one in Lacus Bonitatis.

Edited by lady_pandora

One Pale Woman smells pink and white to me. At first the apple, pink pepper, orange blossom, and jasmine are a little much together—it's so sweet, like fruit candy. But as it dries down, it mellows out. I can smell the vanilla and champaca and tobacco flower, and the mint. It ends as a sweet incensey mix of flowers, framed with a bit of apple and mint. The champaca is especially nice here. Definitely smells like spring!

I was really excited to love this because I'm an apple addict, but it just smelled too much like candy. If it were just apple candy, it would be ok, but it really smells like grape candy on me. I'm not getting any of the subtlety or layers of the other reviewers.

An interesting scent (in a good way). I suppose mint and pink pepper are the dominant notes, but there's a LOT going on here. There's a candy-sweet aspect here, but it is in the background, not overpowering at all.

The waft is fruity bubblegum, but up close, it's so complex! Fresh and springlike, this smells like it'd be a great laundry scent. I'm just thankful that the jasmine hasn't come crashing to the front.

I dig this. It's not like anything else.