Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Numanoid

Mornings in New Orleans

The scent of chicory coffee (au lait!) and sugared pastries.

This is a slightly bitter and tangy coffee scent mixed in with pastries to balance it out. This has great throw and longevity too. Which is a bonus! It really captures the feeling of being at a coffee shop or bakery. Very nice! :)

Chicory and coffee from beginning to end, and too heavy on the chicory. A good idea which stumbles in the execution. I love a good coffee blend like Arcana's Caffeinated Death, but all I get from this is chicory.

Café Mille et Une Nuits was "too much spice, not enough coffee" for me too, so I wonder if BPAL's coffee note just doesn't work for me. :(

I am so in love with this scent. :wub2:

I love BPAL's coffee scents, for the most part (Misk U is disastrous on me though) but this is by far my favourite of the ones I have. This is sweet, creamy, STRONG coffee, with just a hint of pastry. It lasts well on me, and has good throw. It's heavenly, the perfect coffee scent, especially for those that are looking for a more pure coffee scent, without spices or vanilla or many other notes.

this is the -weirdest- scent experience i've ever had with bpal. i got this for my husband and it had the most bizarre reaction to his skin

in the bottle - very sweet coffee, i was hoping more cafe du monde, this was more like thai coffee. very yummy but very sweet

wet on skin - woah sweet. sort of that cherry almond marzipan thing going on

drydown - ok now we're talking, delicious coffee. still not what i was hoping for but yummy

2 hours later - CURRY POWDER LIKE WOAH. seriously my husband smells like a restaurant.

What a yummy coffee scent! Warm, nutty, herbal (the chicory), sweet, creamy. I never got to try Bah, so I'm happy to have this lovely coffee blend. I also recently made my first visit to New Orleans and Cafe du Monde, so it was really perfect timing.

This is a very true and full coffee scent. It's very rich, but it's not like black coffee freshly poured from a carafe. It smells just like someone's favorite coffee shop. One that's been there so long that everything is imbued with the smell from the floorboards to the rafters. It's a very cozy space that chooses the perfect beans and crafts their product with care.

Now, that's fine and dandy, but I happen to really hate coffee. I still believe everything I wrote, but it's really not my jam. I still wanted to give a review since this crossed my path. Even if I don't want to smell like a coffee shop doesn't mean someone else won't either.

Cafe du Monde, all the way. I got Mornings in New Orleans in 2014 and wear it sometimes on Sunday mornings because it reminds me of when I lived in NOLA. Sniffing my wrists isn't as evocative as enjoying the sillage that floats up as chicory coffee with milk and a hint of beignet. The pastry note is less forward than the coffee, which is perfect for me. After a while, a slightly salty floral note emerges which always surprises me. I like it, it reminds me of the city as well—smells almost as if a few drops of New Orleans (the BPAL scent) was added.

When wet, this resembled Black Coffee from the 2020 Winter release. All black coffee with no sweetener. It takes a while for that note to fade to more of a ground coffee bean scent and then the pastries note gets stronger and sweetens up the blend a little but not overwhelming. 

I like it, won't be upgrading but it's going to be perfect for fall and winter!