Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Invidiana

Goblin Market

Like honey to the throat, but poison in the blood.

My skin hates me.

In the bottle, cold sniff - butter accord?? Seriously? :eek:

On, wet. Musty butter. Oh, dear.

Drying - musty, musty, musty. Smells like a load of wash left in too long and it's mildewed.

However - just when I thought all hope was lost - about 15 minutes in, it suddenly morphed to a beautiful mixed fruit with no must or mildew to be found. I don't even know. Will retest this one when my cycle is completely done. Maybe something to do with hormones hates the honey in this?

This is promising at first, a musky spice. Doesn't take long for the FRUIT to take over, and I mean bulldoze the musk and spice into little dirt piles barely even recognizable under the FRUIT. Sweet berries, a whole lot of tangy apple. I'm not into fruity anymore in my scent journey.

In the bottle - A light green fruity scent

Wet on me - A sort of hard peppery green fruit with a touch of decay

Dry on me - A clean clear skin musk scent

Overall - Really I wanted more fruits from this one

Spiced apple air freshener? Has a perfumey/powdery edge to it and a sort of nondescript fruitiness + apple cider candle. This one started to give me a headache and I only wore it once for a few minutes.

Wet in the Imp; buttered apples.

Wet on Skin; goopy fruits (fruity but sticky?)

Dry on skin; Spicey Fruit.

First half hour, it's autumnal fruits, ripe, sun kissed, spices in the air. I can't pinpoint each fruit, it just has a general atmospheric vibe. I like it. Want it.

About an hour in; Perfume? Like, that's generic of course it's perfume. But something went sideways and turned into cloy-y old lady perfume. It doesn't have crazy throw, but no longer fun to sniff for me. So sad. I'm assuming it's a musk I'm not familiar with. As I tend to avoid many, as this happens. :|

Edited by Aveya

In the decant, this smells like apples, spices, and some sort of musky edge that smells a little powdery. On my skin I still get apples, and maybe the spice is the quince? I don't know exactly, as I've never smelled a quince. There's a slight citrus smell to it, but it's not very strong. I honestly wish this had more of the cherries, melon, and peach. I wanted more variety. This is definitely a darker fruit scent. Not juicy, fresh fruit, but more sinister smelling, which is evocative of the goblin market, but not what I was hoping it'd be. 

Surprisingly more delightful then what I was expecting from a 'goblin market'. I mostly get spices, vague fruit and.. honey? There's something aquatic far in the background, but unfortunately my skin pretty much ate this.