Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Teaotter

Quaeris Quot Mihi Basiationes

Infinite kisses: white honey, red currant, sugar cane, and ginger.

Smelled nothing like the description in the bottle, but I figured it might be different on my skin...
However, I'm getting a distinct playdough smell on. Also, soap, and perhaps a bit of a greeny/sappy smell. D:
I'm beginning to wonder if there has been some sort of mistake in labeling/bottling - does that ever happen?! I ask because I've never had a honey scent go so wrong on me! So very very very disappointing.

Wet: something effervescent? and a tad sharp and green. I don't recognize it as ginger but that must be what it is. This smells "light" "fresh" "clean" and then as it dries down…..ohh, a point of bug spray-ness, and then there is next to nothing on my skin. All this within a half-hour. Dumb skin chemistry, I adore these notes.

Seems to be a balance of red currant and ginger at first, with a touch of honey. After a bit, no ginger, mostly red currant with a touch of honey. This is a little too fruity to me, I actually with the honey and ginger were more dominant and the red currant was in the background.

In the bottle - A very sweet intense honey with floral undertones

Wet on me - A white waxy scent with a cottony undertone

Dry on me - A high pitched floral for honey

Overall - For me this was too sharp and thin compared to how I expected

On my skin, at first this is pale gingered honey and sugar cane, and then the currants roll out when they warm up. I also get a beeswax impression, and wonder if that helps make a honey note "white."

The ginger grows on me at Quaeris dries. I also smell, more strongly than before, the fibrous pale green of the sugar cane note. The honey is present but less strong, and I barely smell the currants.

This stays as a gingery, green-sugar-cane honey on me for hours.

A little Playdough, but mostly sugar and ginger. Smells a little like a sugar cookie on my skin, with the honey (and greenery?) coming out a bit more. It doesn’t smell bad at all, but… I normally like foodies; this one just plain doesn’t interest me.