Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Ted's interpretation of the Blue Moon. This is the scent of star-crossed love, folly, and passionate lunacy: white mango, French lavender, orris root, fig leaf, ylang ylang, mugwort, styrax, oakmoss, camphor, and black opium tar.

Absolutely gorgeous! From wet to dry: this smells like a pale blue moon floating over the deep blue sea with the barest hints of lavender and fruit and opium tar. It is so wonderfully light and beautiful. I highly recommend it. :D

Wet: This starts out smelling a bit like lavender butterscotch on my skin. Then the mango and the opium tar come along together with a slight hint of camphor.

Dry: Lavender is still the top note followed by the mango. The ylang ylang is showing up when it's dry and combined with the lavender makes Luna Azul smell like a chic french boudoir. I'm not sure where the opium tar and the camphor fit in but it somehow works. It's a fascinating scent, soft and cloudy.

Beautiful!! This actually smells blue. Lovely wafts of lavender while in the wet stage. As this dries, i can smell the fruity mango just underneath. Its delicate and so pretty. I love this scent and i am so glad that I got a btl unsniffed.

4.5/5

OMG, perfection! The lavender and white mango are the most prominent notes, and the herbal coolness of the lavender mixes so beautifully with the juicy bite of the mango. It's both calming and uplifting - this is really something special. I tacked this onto my decant order at the last second just because, never thinking it would be such a surprise success. I wish I had more of this! Ted's lunar blends are nothing short of incredible and Luna Azul is no exception. :wub2:

Lavender, mango and oakmoss. The oakmoss gives it a very watery quality, but I find the lavender/mango mix to be a little odd.

Fruity, sweet, watery.

In the bottle the camphor and lavender dominate, giving a medicinal impression. Wet on my skin, the mango emerges, juicy and a bit spicy.

Dry, this is one of the most beautiful blends ever. It's like a tropical fruit blossom wafting on cool evening air. So evocative and alluring. I love it!

I was hoping that the mango in this would be similar to the mango in bpal's White Chocolate Mango Buttercream, but Luna Azul isn't really fruity to my nose. I pretty much only get the lavender from this scent, and it reminds me of lavender scented fabric softener sheets, sort of perfumey and clean. After about an hour, it dries down to a faint baby powdery smell on my skin.

I just put this on for bed and it is so beautiful I had to see if I had already written a review, and no, I hadn't, so here we go!

Wet: soft lavender, gentle mango, and a hint of something sweet and dark.

Dry: lavender still, but with a touch of maybe the orris and styrax? Nothing here is overpowering, but it is definitely more than just lavender. I think the opium tar (one of my favorite notes) is grounding this otherwise ethereal scent.

It is really a perfect, dreamy, sleeping scent for spring. We just had a warm day and an evening rain shower, and this is really just perfect for the pink sunset and raindrops.

Fruity and ethereal. Not really what I was expecting. A touch of lavender, kind of soft, slightly fruity and light. Fades really fast. Nice to try, but fades much too fast. May be nice for bed.

Hmm. Right off the bat, from the bottle this gives me major Lullaby vibes from the crimson peak line.
On my skin, it's still a lot like it, but more watered down, and the other notes that differ and I can pick out is the fruityness lingering in there and the opium tar (or rather that's what I think I'm smelling).

It's nice, but I like it a little less then lullaby, and I won't need two bottles. :)