Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Heavenlyrabbit

Snowy Rum Ball

No description given

Rum and.... Vanilla Mint?

It's Rum and something gently sweet and cool like mint/pine. The Rum isn't too strong in this. Nor is that "cold snow" note.

It's very evocative and I suspect it will work on a lot of people.

I get coconut and rum from this. (And probably something else I can't place.) Which sounds tropical, but it's actually a cool/cold scent. Strangely it smells very much like soap on me for a while, and then the rum takes over and it becomes a bit too masculine for my taste.

In bottle: Coconut rum with a lovely soft baked goods thing going on underneath. I usually don’t do so well with the coconut note, but I do love the rum note and the rum note loves my skin, so I’m fascinated to see how this works out. Wet: Still coconut rum dominant, but now the baked goods part makes it move, along with something that does suggest snow. The coconut goes a little tonka bean. There is also a hint of something I suspect of being pineapple, but I couldn’t swear to it in court. The result is sort of like a Jamacian beach themed party in dead of winter if that makes sense. I like it, but as the other elements move into the spotlight, the rum gets a little overwhelmed. It’s still there, but not as powerfully as I would like, but that’s okay. It is certainly interesting and thisis the best coconut has ever smelled on me by yards. Dry: And now there is spice, likely clove with cinnamon and/or nutmeg. The coconut is still going strong. The rum is present, but still not showing to best effect. This is still the best coconut has ever worked on me.

This one is a hard one to review...

I do get a very mild "snowy" feel to it...and I get a bit of rum smell, but the rum isn't too boozy, if that makes sense. At least compared to BPAL's booze notes. I haven't decided if I like this one yet...it is nice. It fades fast on me and the throw is low. I might have to swap this one away. :huh?:

At first this was interesting… cool and somehow woody… and I thought I was going to like it. It was familiar but I couldn't quite place it.

As it dried, the familiarity resolved into rum, and now it's RUM! OHAI RUM!1!!! and a bit overwhelming. I like the rum smell in Upa Upa, but there is other stuff happening in that scent whereas this one dries out quite flat, and this is way too much rum for me. SN rum, practically.

Not awful but not a keeper. VERY strong one-dimensional rum upon dry-down, and extremely long-lasting on my skin.

Boozy rum, hit of coconut and clove. And maybe pineapple? There's a slight sweet powderiness, like powdered sugar.

It's like a boozy, tropical drink.

Aquatic coconut at first, with a touch of mint. There maaay be a touch of rum, but it is pretty subdued. After a bit, it's all about the coconut. The aquatic and mint just sloooowly fade away, and we're left with a slightly dusty coconut. I really have a hard time with coconut going dusty on me, but here it's not too bad. Nice to try, but not really me.

eta: Further on, it smells pretty close to Perversion on me, though not as well rounded and robust. I like this at this stage, but Perversion is better on me.

Edited by milo

This one is so weird on me. I usually like bpal's snow note, but this is like an extra aquatic, slightly soapy snow note with a weird, plasticy sweetness. Reading the reviews, I guess what I'm smelling is the coconut, but it's not playing nicely on my skin. Strange, and I'm not liking this one at all.

This doesn't remind me of rum. It's cinnamon clove potpourri with a snow note that resembles coconut. It's not bad, but wow is the potpourri type scent long lasting. Wish I got more of the rum, but I like this regardless. Just might want to wear it for layering.