Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
krazyanjel

Beaver Moon 2011

Lavender honey cheesecake.

Lots of thick cheesecake with little wafts of lavender. Sometimes the cheesecake part of the Beaver Moons can go musty on my skin but I haven't experienced anything like that with this one. This smells does remind me a little of the heavy vanilla creaminess of Boo as a couple other reviews mentioned. No strong honey in here but there's some sort of dry sweetness at the end that seems like it could be the honey showing up. I wish the lavender was stronger since I'm a longtime lover of anything lavender but it's beautiful anyway. Not too herbal or sharp, very much a floral lavender. This is definitely my favorite Beaver Moon.

ITB: My first impression is, "Wow, that's really strong cheesecake." On second sniff, I can pick up the lavender some, but the cheesecake is very dominant.

Wet: Lavender fields, a small pot of honey in the distance, and cheesecake right from the oven. I'm not a foody person at all, but this is delicious!

Dry: The lavender has diminished some, so it's only an impression of than and light cheesecake. There might be a little honey, but not enough to be nasty.

A surprisingly light fragrance. I'm wondering if it may have lost potency over time.

So we have lightly sweetened, airy ricotta cheesecake...not buttery at all mind you...with just a suggestion of burnt-sugar and honey notes, and garnished with a single purple sprig of lavender.

I'll have to try it as a sleep blend. It fades into nothing on my skin, but perhaps my brain will extract some benefits from the subtle lavender that my nose is missing out on.

I don't know which variation I have, but this is Steam Iron Single Note.....which isn't a bad thing! I smell the lavender somewhat, but that's the only thing I can pick out from the description. It goes on without changing for a long time - very linear.

No honey, no cheesecake, not even lavender, just a vague astringent smell. Sad. ):

OMG, it's foody lavender heaven. And, and...minty, there's something almost minty here. I have no idea where that is coming from, but oh this is still lovely and weird. The minty mellows out quickly as the honey moves in. It is undeniably cheesecake throughout.

Aged incense blend here. I thought aging it might do something for it, but no. It's the same incense-y, perfume-y fragrance I got when I first received it. It's not terrible, the scent, but it wasn't what I wanted when I purchased Beaver Moon 2011. Instead, it smells like I layered myself in incense---not a bad thing, of course---but not what I expect to smell when I pick up my bottle and think Beaver Moon. :)

Back in 2013 or 2014, I had a bottle of this, and I ended up destashing it because I remember it being powdery on me. But a lovely forumite sent me some to try again because there was a batch variation with this scent (with one batch being incense instead of cheesecake), so they wanted to see if I had a different experience with it.

This does go on as a blast of lavender and some creamy cheesecake that does threaten to go powdery at one point, but then, later on in the day, I was like goddamn, what smells so good? Which scent on my arm is creating that beautiful cloud? And it was this one, which had settled into a lovely, creamy, vanilla-y cloud of lavender honey cheesecake.

I don't know if my skin chemistry has changed, or if my bottle was from the other batch, but I'm really glad I got a chance to try it again and will be cherishing my decant! :heart: 

Edited by doomsday_disco