Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
violetblue

Tears of the Seraphim

TEARS OF THE SERAPHIM
Bourbon vanilla, angelica root, and benzoin.

This smelled absolutely divine in the jar - like a very expensive cake. I just don't think I must have used enough, because when it hit the water, I got no scent. :cry2: The water was silky and there was a nice layer of foamy bubbles, but just didn't smell anything. I used a small handful, with two good sized chunks from the top of the jar. I will edit this when I use it next and use more. Edited by LiberAmoris

I agree with Violetblue.

smells wonderous in the jar, but just didn't perform in water.

I didn't get many bubbles either but I didn't know how much to use, so maybe round 2 will be the rest of the jar :cry2:

I have to agree as well. The vanilla is gorgeous in the jar, but almost disappears in the water. It does make the water very silky soft and creates a thin layer of bubbles. I used maybe a fifth of the jar. I'm not sorry I purchased it, because it does make the bath feel very nice, and the label art is beautiful, but I probably wouldn't buy a second unless the scent were made stronger. I ended up adding a few squirts of TKO massage oil to my bath, which added a stronger vanilla scent and mixed perfectly with Tears of the Seraphim.

In packet: Vanilla, much creamier than any of the other bath brews though they all had a hint of the same creamy quality. At moments I get something more sweet & waxy smelling, probably the benzoin. It's one of my favorite notes, but here it almost smells artificial.

In bath: Will update once tested.

I will agree with everyone who said that it smelled gorgeous in the packaging but didn't do much in the water. :( It does smell amazing though! Wish there was some other way to use this...I will vote for this one to be made into a perfume or a bath oil...that would be amazing!

Same here, it was a nice scent in the bag, though I noticed a slight chemical scent, then hardly any scent in the water. I have a 3oz decant (half a jar) and put at least a third of it in the bath, so quite a large amount. It'll be interesting to see if I have the same problem with the others. It also left me slightly sparkly (a good thing) and slightly sticky (not a good thing).

In the container, a cool vanilla. Not unlike Lyonesse or Black Opal, that kind of vanilla. In the tub, the scent does the disappearing act just like the other bath potions. I'd really like a perfume like this, but the bath potions seem to be a bomb for me. *sorry bad pun*

I got about 2 ounces of this in a swap and used the whole bunch in a bath last night. The scent was like cake batter mixed with baby powder, but very light in the bag and then nonexistent in the bath water. I didn't notice it do much of anything once it was in the water, though it did make some bubbles when I turned on the jacuzzi jets. The fragrance isn't strong enough, and I prefer my bath stuff to be a bit moisturizing.

I'm freshly out of a bath with this, and I really liked it. I used about 3 heaped teaspoons worth, and while it wasn't very bubbly, it did smell gently of vanilla; a rich, not too sweet vanilla. It's not very strong but it was definitely there. It made the water feel soft and and I can still smell the scent on my skin now, if I put my arm to my nose.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm in a moderately soft water area.

Again, I found the scent on this one to be very faint. But definitely smells like vanilla.

I'm very intrigued to mix this with Opium Tar and see what I get. I am hoping for deliciousness!