Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Deceitfuldescender

Halloween: Las Vegas

The aftermath of piratical nuptials: walls smeared with red and black frosting, copious amounts of spilled red wine, the leftover contents of three full bars, dry leaves and desert flowers crushed into carpet, tobacco smoke, and champaca incense in a cloud of body-heat amped Snake Oil and Dorian.

Pulled this one out a few days ago, here are my notes:

Well, I'm not sure what I was expecting, but on me this is like Eat Me plus a big ol' bowl of cake frosting. There's some booziness in it as well. I get no incense at all, and not a whole lot of nuance or complexity, I guess because everything else is drowned out by FROSTING.

Hey, I don't mind, I like frosting.

In the imp: Oh this is nice! First sniff is juicy red berries, probably the wine. With a smokey backdrop and just a little bit of cake. Now, I usually don't work great with cake scents, the buttery vanilla in it usually kills it for me straight away. It will be interesting to see how this one unfolds.

On: A quick burst of red berries and then it swiftly moves over for a red wine and cocoa scent. Smoke is coming out more and more. My second fear is smoke/tobacco, by now you're probably wondering why I even bothered to try this scent but I'm very determined to fight my skin's hatred for the smokey stuff and make it realize that it can be great in smells! But it usually amps like crazy on me and makes me smell of sour ashtray - womp womp. This, however, almost smells like mulled wine on my skin. Something I don't mind at all.

The red wine stays dominant for quite some time. Then it sweetens up quite a bit and I finally smell the frosting..but that's only for a very short while before Halloween: Las Vegas smells like a relaxing cup of tea after hours of hard partying.

Halloween in Las Vegas was way too much STICKY red wine. Like you spilled it all over yourself and then got into a food fight at the dessert bar, had a guy that just smoked and wore too much men's cologne carry you out of the place. His scent mashed into yours. The kind of smell you just want to wash off. So much "Ewww" on me.

Wet: Smoke and wine, with a smidgen of frosting.

Dry: The wine is the strongest note for me. The smoke and frosting are still there, but not as strong. I can definitely find the Dorian in the blend now as well.

I wish the wine wasn't the star of the show, but this is very enjoyable. ;)

Halloween: Las Vegas features copious amounts of red wine sloshed with Snake Oil's spices, Dorian's tea, and a smear of frosting. But mostly, red wine. It's a party in a bottle, in which red wine is being had by all. It's like this for a really long time, and I was starting to think that the red wine just wouldn't stop flowing, but after four hours of wear, I get Snake Oil's vanilla mixed with the buttercream-covered cake and the red wine, and it is really nice. I bet it would be even better on someone whose skin chemistry doesn't run away with the Lab's red wine note, but I'm going to be hanging on to this, at least for now, because that Snake Oil vanilla and cake phase is WORTH IT.

Thank you so much to the lovely person that frimped this to me. :wub2:

Edited by doomsday_disco

Just sniffing this from a decant a friend shared with me. This smells like red wine, incense and Dorian In the bottle. On skin, The Dorian comes off as the lightest tea blend and I definitely even get the idea of cake that Doomsday disco, which must be the Snake Oil.  It’s a creamy red wine blend, which I think is unique to the red wine blends I have tested thus far as they have all seemed more fruity and robust. I am liking this, and am glad I got to try, but just gifted to my friend Starbrow whose testing scents with me right now as dark fruity blends are her jam. :) 

Before I review this gorgeous scent, I have to mention that my decant is now around 10 years old at the time that I am reviewing this. So my review might be different from reviews by others made when the scent was still new and fresh. My decant has aged very well and is still wonderful after all this time and perhaps even better now aged than when it was still new.

When I first put this on it immediately made me think of caramel and even caramel apples even though there is neither caramel nor apple in this. It doesn't smell exactly like caramel apples but scent-adjacent to caramel something with some fruityness that I can't make out.

When I sniff some more I can detect that the caramel scent is actually very complex and is a mixture of a lot of different notes. The two frostings, the cake and tea from Dorian, the incense and vanilla from Snake Oil and the champaca incense all work together to create this beautiful, sweet caramel-like scent, and I am sure the three full bars are also a part of this.

The fruity part is probably due to the red wine, though I do not smell red wine, grapes or alcohol on my skin. I just smell something sweet and fruity. On my shirt I do smell a bit of red wine however. I guess my skin doesn't amp red wine. My skin likes to amp notes like vanilla, honey, musk, incense and spices more than others, so Snake Oil trumps the red wine here with my skin chemistry.

I can't specifically make out the dry leaves and desert flowers, but I am sure they are there rounding out the scent.

The tobacco smoke I can't make out initially but about 5 hours in I notice that if I inhale deeply , close to my wist, there is a light afterscent of the tobacco smoke I can detect, though I would not know it to be tobacco smoke if I didn't know the scent description.

On me, Halloween Las Vegas is a very complex, sweet caramel-like scent with some fruityness and incensyness. On clothing it is a little more fruity and I definitely smell some red wine there as well. Depending on your skin chemistry you might smell loads of red wine or a caramel or bakery scent or something in between.

I definitely think this scent is worth trying and if Halloween Las Vegas is made again in the future I would definitely like to score a bottle of this because it is gorgeous and makes me feel all happy and content while I am wearing this. I also got a compliment on this today by a woman that loves caramel-like scents and was amazed by how fantastic I smelled. I made her really curious about BPAL.

Like all BPAL scents I feel this is great for all genders, nothing is masculine or feminine, it is whatever and however it makes you feel. In the same way all BPAL scents are also innocent and sensual at the same time because it depends on the wearers personality, mood and vibe. And it is suitable for all ages (most BPAL scents are in my opinion, perhaps only the ones with alcoholic notes and tobacco/smoke notes are not). 

As long as a person does not amp red wine, alcohol or tobacco smoke,I think this is suitable for all ages.

Edited by Freya778
Typo

This is a beautiful wine and vanilla frosting scent on me with a little smoke in dry down. It’s sexy and sweet at the same time! Only bummer is it’s very light on me. Wish it was stronger. 🥹