Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Phantasm

This delicate, spectral perfume gives rise to an eerie distortion of of the senses. It bestows an ephemeral, ghostly, and truly haunting quality to your presence. Green tea, lemon verbena, jasmine and neroli.

Whoa lemon! Almost all lemon on me, with a hint of florals in the background. Unfortunately, this smells just like lemon Pledge on me; and has gone the way of June Gloom. (also bad on my skin). I just do not wear lemon scents well! A lot of throw, though; strong for a lemon blend. Definitely not for me!

In bottle:

Whoa, lemon! Kind of light and sweet, though, like a yummy lemon drop. Thinking it might be a good summery scent.

Wet on skin:

Yeah, lemon. A lotta lemon, with a little florally touch. Still sweet.

A little while later...

um, yes, still lemony, but fading...

Much later...

Gone. Faded pretty quickly. Never really did anything too interesting, just lemon!

Did I mention this one's lemony? :P Yeah, I like lemon drops, but not so much smelling like a lemon, and then fading away to nothing. I could see using the rest of my imp to make a nice, cool, summery lotion, but I probably won't wear it as a perfume. A shame, I'm really in search of light, fresh scents...

My skin chemistry sucks. Jasmine soap. Always happens with jasmine!! I get none of the notes everyone else is mentioning. Alas, I think I need to give up on any scents with jasmine.

In the imp- Smells strongly of lemon, and is the only note I can detect. Oily lemon, rather like lemon pledge dusting spray. (usually the oils don't actually smell oily to me)

Wet- Powerful lemon, the jasmine is amped on my skin and it makes for a sickly combination.

Dry-The mix of jasmine and lemon in this one is a little nauseating. I blame the jasmine. My boyfriend kept insisting it smelled like urine :P but I didn't get that. I really wanted to like this scent, the description and other notes listed made it sound so sweet and delicate. I blame my chemistry.

This one is going to the swaps. Sorry Phantasm, I really wanted to love you.

I tried Phantasm out without checking the notes again and I'm pleased to see that I recognized both the jasmine and the neroli. In the vial I get a strong lemon/jasmine scent, wet it's a lemon tea, then the flowers kick in, then it turns into soft lemon soap with a slight floral edge to it and then... it disappears. It's my first scent of which I could really notice the changes as I wore it, but it has little throw and is a bit too light for my taste. I liked it best when it was lemon tea with a hint of florals, although surprisingly the lemon soap phase wasn't too bad either. It just fades far too quick, it's been two hours after application and it's completely gone.

I like it, but unsure if it's worth buying a bottle of it if it fades so quick on my skin.

In the imp and on the skin, this is a light, fresh, pretty scent. It screams innocence and youth. On me, this is mainly jasmine with the lightness of lemony tea. There's a touch of neroli adding to the mix but it's not overwhelming. This is a really beautiful combination of scents and this would be an amazing linen spray or to mist on clothing that's drying on the line, in the sun and breeze.

In the imp: Lemon pledge...not sure about this one

Wet: mmm...lemonade

Drydown: Very tart lemon

Later: Aaaannd we're back to lemon pledge. To the swap pile we shall go.

In the imp this is bright yellow and very lemony.

Applied it smells like lemon dessert bars that my mom makes. It does not go very well with my skin chemistry but I think that it will be great as a kitchen room freshener.

I really wanted this to to like me because I really love the name. :P

wet: Smells like lemon lemon lemon and some lemon grass :P

on contact: smells great, love lemon grass to bits..

dry: starting to get slightly flowerly with the lemon grass.. but no jasmine sadly :D

later: smells like a cleaning product type of lemon now.. mm not so happy with this.

I think I'll keep my imp for me.. or try it as a room scent?

Phantasm is very lemony. A bit nicer than Shanghai on my skin, but not for me.

I've just realised, after having a second try - Phantasm smells exactly like a paper bag full of fizzy sherbet lemons when I sniff the imp!! Cool. :P Just tried it again on my arm and that's exactly it - fizzy sherbet lemons! I'll keep the imp just for the fun value, but I doubt I'll ever wear it as a perfume.

When wet this is all lemon on me, almost lemon pledge like. But as it dries the tea and jasmine appear and the lemon settles down a bit.

The lemon remains dominant until the end though, with the jasmine and tea just peeking through in the background. It's a bright refreshing scent, and although not really me it is very pleasant and I'll be keeping the imp around to test it in the summer months.

Holy Lemon Pledge!!!! That is my very first impression..its not bad b/c there is a bite to it but man...lemon

Ok, its calmed down a bit..and there is a lil jasmine behind it.

sidenote: I think this is one not to slather b/c my finger i used to put it on smells much lighter. The lemon is not as strong and the other notes come through(yes i so put a dollop on when I'm testing)

ETA: I think I need to get rid of this

Edited by Wildchild453

In the imp: lemon sherbert with a whiff of dusty flower that smells most like rose.

On the wrist: Lemon that’s just this side of safe from lemonsqueezycleaner.

Dry: fades very, very quickly into light flowers with just a hint of lemon (said hint being at the sinus level rather than the nose level). Sweeter than jasmine. I will readily admit to having never smelled neroli before, so that could be it. Very faint, though, even though I slathered it.

After 15 minutes: the faintest of whiffs of something lovely, but I have to really inhale my wrists to get at it. Then fades to something dusty, like the dust motes after you’ve polished old furniture.

In under an hour, has faded to generic floral dust/powder. With a faint lemon tint. Seems to give me aheadache. Will try it again at some point, probably.

Wet: Unsweetened poor quality green tea.

Drydown: Same tea with a squirt of artificial lemon juice.

Dry: Pledge shot through with baby diapers.

My rating: 2/5. I think I've determined that jasmine might very well turn to soiled baby diapers on my skin. BAH.

Edited by DifferentDances

Well, let's just say that, based on its description, this doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

In theory.

In practice, this is cool and light in the bottle, equal parts of all its ingredients. The verbena is an herbal lemon, and it sits in the center of this scent. The jasmine smooths over it, under it, giving it a floral sweetness. The green tea is an astringent, clean note that compliments the verbena beautifully. The neroli is gently floral without being too assertive.

This is spectral, indeed, a very light, very minimal scent, pale and indistinct.

On, the verbena lunges out to the fore, trailed by the green tea. The jasmine and neroli are sort of cowering in the corner, afraid to move too much. The overall effect is that of lemon furniture polish in a tearoom that has been strewn with fresh flowers. Nice, but a bit overpoweringly lemon-fresh.

It's persistent, too. I can't say I care for it overmuch, like I thought. It'd be great on me without the lemon. Sadly, that's a large part of its character, so I'll be passing this one along. Very clean, and would be good for those who like citrus scents or very clean scents.

It's a blend like this that makes me wish I still had my yellow gingham sundress. It's a perfect summery scent. It's a liquified lemon drop. It's tart and sugary and oh so lemony, with just a hint of jasmine in the background to soften it up. This would be an excellent blend to add to shampoo or hairspray.

In the Imp Sweet lemon tea. Smells practically drinkable.

Wet on skin: Still lemon tea. No jasmine yet, which is great, as my skin usually turns jasmine into an overpowering cloud of ick.

Dry on skin: There's the jasmine, but for once it's playing nice. Which is both good, and bad, as the lemon tea has turned into lemon soap.

Sadly, this scent is not for me, but it gives me hope that some forms of Jasmine might actually work!

Phantasm

Both in the vial and upon first application, my first thought was lemon candies. It's so sweet and lemon, I practically start salivating. As it dries, the scent softens and fades. Green tea arises, and the sweet quality has a delicate floral feel.

This scent is so delicate, I daresay it's feminine. It's fresh and friendly, it feels like Spring. In less than 15 minutes the scent has become so faint that it's nearly gone.

Beautiful. I wish it lasted. I wonder if a heavier application would help? I usually apply very lightly. *goes off to re-apply*

*Edit* After re-applying, not once, but twice at different times during the day and in different amounts - it still faded just as quickly. After it sets for a while, the lemon and green tea disappear entirely, leaving a faint dusty floral. It's not bad, but not really "me".

[1 - Hate] .. [2 - Dislike] .. [3 - Like] .. [4 - Really Like] .. [5 - Love]

3 : It's lasting power is very disappointing and it's leftover smell is uninspiring. The initial scent is so yummy, it really is a tease.

Edited by MaidenGenevive

In the imp: fizzy lemons, not quite as sharp as I was expecting.

Wet on me: lemons, still sweet and fizzy. Neroli too. Reminds me of a sweeter, friendlier Phobos.

After a few minutes: I can do citrus; if this were just *slightly* less lemony I would like it more.

Drydown: Ah, now I can smell a little bit of green tea -- it's faint, though. It also smells sugary sweet to me, which might be the jasmine. This is still predominantly a lemon-neroli blend. I find that at this stage I really do like it, though it's making me a bit lightheaded!

On me it smells like sweet iced green tea with lots of lemon. A bit weird, but I like it.

In the Imp: A sweet and sour scent of tea and flowers.

Wet: A little lemony, but with a twang of something crisp...possibly the jasmine? I'm not sure.

Dry: The lemon died down, and it smelled of tea and flowers again. An interesting smell, but it disappears on me so quickly! It was gone after 2 hours. :/

Overall: I liked it, but it's very light on me. If I wore it regularly, I'd probably have to reapply it several times a day. ^^;

Preconception: Half excitement, half apprehension. Lemon verbena, green tea, evocative of springtime? I'd bathe in it. Unfortunately, jasmine and I do not get along, and my skin amps the stuff like crazy, and then it won't go away.

From the imp: I'm getting a light floral, with a tinge of lemon.

Wet: If I sniff my wrist, I can detect lemon tea, a bit reminiscent of my beloved Severin. If I move further away, though, I get hit by a cloud of jasmine and neroli.

Dry: Wow, that's.. a lot of jasmine. Skin, you suck. To be fair, the neroli also stays put for a little while longer - although it does fade before the jasmine does.

Overall: I really, really wish it had stayed in the wet stage - if it did, I would be all over a bottle. Unfortunately, my skin doesn't like it, so off to the giveaway/enabling pile it goes. ._.

In the vial - Jasmine and lemon. It's not the sweet lemon of New Orleans, but a sharper and greener note.

Wet on the skin - Fresh and zingy lemon verbena, underscored by green tea.

Next stages - The scent is light and soft, happily lacking in the "bathroom cleaner" edge that lemon verbena often develops on my skin.

Dry down - The faintest hint of neroli adds a slightly sweet and powdery edge, but the verbena and green tea remain at the forefront. Since my collection of citrus scents havn't aged particularly well, I shall be using this as a room scent and buying more in the spring.

Similar scents - Muse, Shanghai, Jonathan Harker.

imp: lemon.

wet: lemon and neroli. that neroil bite goes right up my nose. this reminds me a great deal of savoring particularly tart lemon drops.

dry: lemon and jasmine. this is very light and pretty, a very spring to summer scent.

Phoo. I'm at the point where when I read any blend that has verbena in it, I'm already skeptical. Then when I see a tea note is in there also, I start thinking "yep, smelled that before". I go into imp-testing with an open mind, nonetheless.

So my first thoughts with Phantasm were "yep, that's it. Green tea and lemon verbena". Couldn't be simpler. That damned verbena is all-encompassing.

I wait a long time, wearing this throughout the afternoon. Only in the end does a sweet, flowery jasmine barrrrrely appear. Barely. That's all. Not something I dig too much.

In imp: lemon verbena and neroli. The lemon is definitely very strong!

Wet: very strong herbal lemon scent, like when I had a lemon balm plant. Happily, the jasmine isn't taking over, or even very noticable at all.

Drying: I'm starting to get a whiff of green tea (yay!) but this is still mostly herbal lemon. Come on, tea! Otherwise, this is going to be a kind of boring scent.

Dry: yes, here comes the green tea. It's holding its own with the lemon verbena, and while I think I'm starting to pick out the jasmine, it's staying in the background with the neroli (which I wouldn't mind a bit more of) so I don't mind it, much to my surprise. Jasmine is just one of those scents that I try to stay away from.

I'm not really sure what I think about this one - it certainly smells nice once it's dried down and had a chance to develop, but I don't know if it's something I'd wear often. I'd love this as a candle, so maybe I'll use the rest of the imp as a room scent in my oil burner.

I think that ultimately this is a bit too light and on the feminine side for me to really feel at home wearing it, but I'm going to enjoy sniffing myself for the rest of the evening.