Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lucymoonstar

CCNow Questions & Problems

Thank you both for your prompt responses. I have ordered BPAL through CCNow in the past and understand that when the order is marked as 'shipped' that they have taken the money out of my account and the lab has then received my order. But I don't think that it is really fair that I place an order on the day that the Yule scents are made available and still not be able to get it in time for the holidays because the lab didn't harvest it before then. If this is the case, how would anyone receive them before the holidays?

:P

So when ordering with Pay Pal does an order get processed faster? Do orders get bumped up in the que? I apologize for all my questions and confusion...

I am a very sad Raven...

Hi,

May I know which is the correct email I should be emailing to regarding my order?

I had placed an order and the money is deducted via CCNow from my Paypal account.

Right now I had been emailing answers@blackphoenixalchemylab.com and blackphoenix@blackphoenixalchemylab.com since 8th Nov 2005 but no replies until now. I need to change my shipping address if they can't sent it out before I leave USA which is next week! Really need some help here as I am really lost.

Undine:

Thank you for your welcome! I do feel welcome here. I haven't been posting much yet since I've joined, and the reply posts have been very informative and very prompt! I didn't take your posts as 'giving me a hard time' at all. :P I appreciate your help and am a very willing student to those who have info to impart. Your posts laid some fears to rest, and sure enough, my order was recently harvested!

Sarada:

Thank you for your compliment! It's sort of a play on the catalog scent called the Raven (one of the major notes being violets). At the time of my joining it was my favorite scent and the first 5ml I ever ordered, so I wanted to commemorate it in some way. I also love to bird watch and Ravens give hours of enjoyment watching their behavior. Very cool birds.

Troubl3dsoul:

I'm sorry that you are not receiving replies to your questions. I've used both emails recently and have received replies from both addresses, so I know that they do work. It took a few days, but I did receive them. Hopefully, you will hear from them very soon.

Im not sure what to do! Ive had horrible luck with CCNow. I placed an order for some samples from the lab using my debit card--this is my first time at the Lab too. But CCNow declined my card and the bank cant figure out why. Now, i have the CCNow service people talking to my bank and hopefully they can come to some sort of resolution...

I looked all over the place and did not see anything about this, so forgive me if I am being reduntant unknowingly...

The last couple of times I have paid BPAL through CCNOW they have charged me tax, I live in MN. and CCNOW (I believe) is located in the next city over (Edina). But, why would CCNOW charge me tax when the company I am ordering from is in California? Am I paying taxes on CCNOW's service? And why have they only charged me tax on the last few orders & not *all* of my CCNOW orders?

any help would be... well, very helpful. Thanks!

Your transaction is with CCNow, not with the Lab. They are acting as agents for the Lab. So technically, you are buying from them. They are legally obligated to collect sales tax on any in-state transaction. They then in turn transact with the Lab, who then ships the merchandise.

They are doing business in your state. So they have to collect sales tax.

Sucks, but that's the way it is.

As far as why they haven't collected all along - maybe a law changed, maybe they screwed up and got caught, don't know. It's a question you should probably ask them.

Edited by SevenSins

Ccnow will only allow me to put one item in the cart. After that, it overwrites the first item, so that there is always only one item in the cart.

Any idea how to "fix" it. I'd like to place my lunacy order & got to bed.

Edited by Red_Hot_Mama

Ccnow will only allow me to put one item in the cart. After that, it overwrites the first item, so that there is always only one item in the cart.

Any idea how to "fix" it. I'd like to place my lunacy order & got to bed.

I had the same problem on my laptop. DH fixed it by going through the firewall and unchecking the box, "Block 3rd Party Cookies." I guess if CCNow is considered a third party, it needs to place cookies to remember if you've carted something previously.

In my security program it's under Privacy Controls, Custom and you uncheck the box, but every program is different. Hope that helps!

Ok, my paranoia is getting the better of me, so I have to ask this. Has anyone had a problem with the lab not harvesting their CCNow order. I ordered on Jan 31st and it still hasn't been harvested. I normally wouldn't worry except the lab is now shipping for orders placed on the 27th. Should I just wait or should I email the lab?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, if not I'm sorry!

This is probably a stupid question but I want to order two imp packs (12 imps) through paypal but was using CCNow to calculate everything up. So my question is do I click on the "purchase six" and put 2 in the Qty box which would make the grand total $38.50 or do I click on the "purchase single sample vial" and order 12 $3.00 imps which would make the grand total $42.50? I hope I explained that right lol. I just wanted to make sure to do the correct one. Thanks in advance :P

Edited by Meggie

You want to purchase six and put 2 in the quantity box. The six packs are $2 cheaper than buying them individually. If you purchase one imp and do a quantity of 12, you are going to be charged at the single imp price, not the six pack price.

And as far as an order not being harvested? I would write to the lab. I put an order in on the 31st and it shows as shipped (which I know just means it's been harvested).

Edited by SevenSins

Ok, my paranoia is getting the better of me, so I have to ask this. Has anyone had a problem with the lab not harvesting their CCNow order. I ordered on Jan 31st and it still hasn't been harvested. I normally wouldn't worry except the lab is now shipping for orders placed on the 27th. Should I just wait or should I email the lab?

I'd wait a little while. There are any number of reasons yours might be in a later batch to be harvested, and it could also just be CCNow fucking up and delaying notifying you of it being harvested. If the Lab has shipped THROUGH the 31st and your order still shows as not harvested, then drop 'em an email. No reason to worry yet, though.

am i wrong?it seems that i get charged twice when i use CCNow i paid when i order and now sudenly i am charged again....whats up?

Are you sure you are being charged twice? Generally, the way it works is that CCNow gets an authorization from your card company when they process the order. The card company is basically verifying that you are authorized to use the card, verifying that the amount you are trying to spend is available at that moment, and then setting aside that amount for claim by CCNow. The card companies only hold that amount for 3 days and then it's released. If CCNow does not claim that authorization within that time, they run the risk of the money not being there. It's the same whether you use a credit card or a debit card.

Once the order is harvested, CCNow then does the processing necessary to make the claim against your account. There is a law that says any payment made via credit card must be fulfilled within a certain amount of time. So CCNow fulfills their end by insuring that the lab has the order. So they don't actually charge your card until the order is harvested. Then the transaction is completed - they charge your card and they've fulfilled their end of the deal with you by delivering your order to the lab.

So while they authorize it upon placing the order, it's not actually processed until your order is harvested.

That's not to say mistakes don't happen and you weren't charged twice, but sometimes it appears that way when it's really not.

Check your CC statement. Authorizations don't appear on your statement, actual charges do. Bank statements for debit cards might show pending transactions, but until the actual transaction comes in, it won't be on the actual statement and the amount will just be in limbo until it's either paid to CCNow or put back into your account.

Although I'll probably place my order with PayPal, I'd like to get the total and shipping costs first with CCNow. Unfortunately, it will not let me add anything to my cart. I have my browser set to accept cookies and even tried using Internet Explorer instead of Firefox, but to no avail. :P Any suggestions?

(Oops :P I figured out what happened after I posted. I checked the 5th page of this thread and my paypal order history and found my answer. CCNOW has done this confusing process before of showing two transactions for the same order in my account activity and the order always goes through fine. I should pay more attention to my account activity w/ CCNOW. Good thing this thread is here, though! :D )

-----

Court

Edited by Court Analyst/Strategist

(I'm a newbie, please forgive if this is a silly question...)

I haven't gotten a proper shipping notification, but the CCNow page for my order shows that it's been shipped -- does that count as actually shipping or is it just a tease?

I only ordered on 4/23, which is why I'm asking -- it seems like everyone else is getting 20+ day turn-arounds, which is sort of what I was assuming I'd see.

(Don't get me wrong, I'm *really* not complaining -- this is my first order and I'm *so* excited!)

Thanks!

Aiglet, the CCNow page always has it as shipped within a day or so of order for some reason. You'll get a CnS with a USPS tracking number when your order really has shipped out.

I don't think you, or Walking Contradiction, have got a true CnS...at least I hope not! I placed an order on the 13th and still haven't had a CnS show up for me!

Aiglet, the CCNow page always has it as shipped within a day or so of order for some reason. You'll get a CnS with a USPS tracking number when your order really has shipped out.

I don't think you, or Walking Contradiction, have got a true CnS...at least I hope not! I placed an order on the 13th and still haven't had a CnS show up for me!

It turns out that the CCNow "ship" date is the date that the Lab picks up the orders from them, by fax or something.

So neither I nor Walking Contradiction got super-lucky this time.

It turns out that the CCNow "ship" date is the date that the Lab picks up the orders from them, by fax or something.

So neither I nor Walking Contradiction got super-lucky this time.

Actually the *ship* date is the date that CCNOW gets the cash from your order transferred to them. Up until then, the funds have a hold on them from your credit card. It has nothing to do with the Lab at all.

The date you place a CCNOW order is the date the Lab receives it.

HTH

Click N Ship (CnS) notification emails are generated only via the USPS website.

I just emailed the lab about this but I thought I'd also post it here in case anyone else is trying to order Oblivion today.

I'm trying to place an order today before the Maelstrom LEs go away and I also wanted to order a bottle of Oblivion. When I click on the "Purchase 5ml" or "Purchase 10ml" links, I get the message:

Product ID: ZN01 is not on file