Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

PYRAMUS
Dragon's blood resin, frankincense, amber, white tea, lavender, and golden musk.

I love this one! I received it yesterday and wore it last night and this morning it's back on me again. Wet, it starts out just slightly bitterish, but the lavender, tea, and incense notes quickly emerge. The lavender note in this blend is very soft, not at all harsh. The amber is more apparent as it dries and adds more of "dusty" quality to the scent. The musk note is subtle on me. I really don't get the Dragon's Blood resin note at all, except maybe that accounts for the initial bitterness when first applied.

Throw is medium---nothing too overpowering. It lasts on my skin for several hours before it really needs re-application.

Pyramus - On me, this is very, very subtle. It's mostly a soft white tea scent with a hint of dragon's blood and lavender. I'm not generally a fan of lavender, and I don't care for the way it blends with the dragon's blood -- it turns into something a little "off" on my skin. While the overall fragrance is subtle, the lavender and dragon's blood are strong enough to drown out the other resinous notes. I'm afraid this one's not for me.

Pyramus smells like a very sweet, sugared, cool lavender with clean tea and a hint of soft musk. It's like a delicious, sugared lavender tea :yum:. I think that I'll wear this a lot over the summer, as its cool, clean feel will be great for hot weather. I can smell something a little darker and slightly herbal in the drydown, which I guess is the dragon's blood, but it's not strong enough to ruin the blend for me.

I really like this, and might have to upgrade my decant to a full bottle.

This one is definitely worth investing in a bottle of! Wow! The lavender and white tea are very subtle in this one, allowing the resins, frankincense and musk to come, and they all play well together. Even the bf said I smell great! :wub2:

Oh, would this ever be a great man scent...lavender and musk, and even though lavender is a floral it still tends to smell sufficiently manly for a guy to wear, to me. The frankincense and amber are both present, and I've been rediscovering lately how much I love frankincense, so I dig that.

The lavender note in this is wonderful, and long-lasting, and the white tea note is very true-smelling and stronger than tea notes usually are. And the musk and amber remind me a little of Mag Mell, too...just a very radiant, golden scent. Warm, golden notes, and relaxing, cool lavender - what a combination! I really like this scent. I'm a little sad that I haven't found a way to acquire more without also acquiring Thisbe, which didn't sound appealing to me. But I do really like Pyramus.

At first, this is all tea, then it dries to a wonderful golden resin woody-like musk. Something in here reminds me of Arachnina. It's quite perfumey at times. It morphs from the resin to perfume a bit too much, though. I wish it stayed the amber phase a bit more. It would definitely be bottle worthy, but it is just a little too perfumey for me.

In the bottle, this is very masculine; frankincense and lavender, and for those notes, this will probably not turn out well. On my skin, it's gone in less than five seconds. Yep yep.

I never would have guessed that dragon's blood and lavender would have mixed so nicely. I love lavender and amber but the only dragon's blood that's worked for me was in dragon's milk. In this blend I can detect all the components and I love the result, they work together beautifully. This one initially caught my attention because after I was testing some decants I kept smelling something fantastic, eventually I narrowed it down to Pyramus. Scents don't normally stick around for long on my skin but this one not only stuck around it was strong enough to get my attention, and I appreciate that. Great scent, long lasting and good throw. Glad I was able to get a bottle.

This is a soft masculine amber musk. I get loads of musk (same note as in Left His Nurse) but with amber and DBR, striking a warm amber. Tiny whiff of lavender.

Hmmm, I think mr. zee_zee might have to try this one on.

Source: Fresh decant

In the decant: Resiny incense.

Wet: Frankincense and lavender, somewhat musky. I don't really get the dragon's blood in this. The lavender and golden musk smell like a really awesome man's cologne.

Dry: Resinous, manly musk, fairly light.

Notes: I don't care for this perfume much on its own, nor its partner Thisbe, but the two together balance out pleasantly when layered. As a pair, the musky incense of Pyramus remains dominant, but Thisbe's floral sandalwood sweetens and lightens it. It's kind of the pleasantly perverse meeting between a pagan priestess and a Catholic priest.

Lavender tea, with a hint of warm amber musk. This is quite nice, and rather soothing, if a little masculine for my tastes. This would be amazing on the DH though.

In bottle: Fascinating. I’m not a big frankincense fan, but it blends beautifully here with the white tea, lavender, and amber. The dragon’s blood is understated here and plays well with the other resins. The musk is soft and warm. This is a complex resiny blend with a lot of character. Wet: sweeter on the skin. The musk is stronger, but not overwhelming. The tea really comes into it’s own as it warms. The Dragon’s blood steps forward rather, but doesn’t overwhelm the other resins. I like what the frankincense is doing here, joining with the lavender to give what would otherwise possibly a little too smooth and sweet the scent equivalent of spikes. I’m loving this. I’m also struggling for words to properly describe this. It manages to be elevated and a touch sensual at the same time. It’s delicate, yet strong all at once. Dry: Less appealing. It turns out the frankincense has the most staying power. It does retain some amber and a hint of Dragon’s blood.

Testing my 9 year old vintage bottle.

In bottle: Sweet fruity herbal incense. Manages to be both dark and fresh at the same time.

Wet: Lavender, fruity incense, ambery powderiness. Very deep and complex without being overwhelming.

Dry: I'm getting a bit of something that smells like tonka. Normally I dislike tonka, but this doesn't seem to bother me.

The green herby aroma is amplifying.

After a few minutes: Soft amberiness, incense and herbs. The fruit is coming back to say hello.

After first hour: A happy incense party for my nose. The resins are just so sweet and delicious.

After two and a half hours: Sweet powdery incense, with just a hint of fruit.

After 5 hours: Soft resin and fruit.

Final verdict: This is good, I will have a hard time parting with it.