Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ivytoad

International Shipping Info+Questions

Nemesister,

as far as I know, the intervals are 1-4 items, 5-9 items and 10 and up, so I´m guessing it doesn´t really matter if you´re buying 5 or 9 items... :D It´s a good question, though. Just be happy you´re not buying one more bottle, now, that would mean trouble :D

Eta that I somehow managed to not realise there was another page... so yeah, Krista beat me to it, with several hours, apparently :P

Edited by modesty_blaise

:D the thing about selling BPAL that doesn't work for you is that you end up with a huuuuuge pile of money in paypal just waiting to be sent to the lab...........i had no idea about pumpkin patch when i said i needed the money for new orders....i thought i was talking about wolf's heart and block buster along with 10mls of somnus and oneiroi.

do not tempt me into buying more or my next post will be asking about postage for 20 or 25 items.....i kid you not :P

Edited by Nemesister

I live in Canada as well, and I have never had to pay Customs fees on any of the eleven orders I've received from the Lab so far. :P It just takes a little longer for shipping than US orders.

Helloo

I'm pretty new on the BPAL board, and am waiting for my first order to arrive (getting VV excited! :P ) - only 6 imps and a 5ml but I want to start slowly (and I'm short of cash at the mo!). I ordered on 31st August so the rate that the lab is going I am sort of expecting a click and ship in 10 days time.

So, I have a question to ask all you much more experienced people about shipping. I'm in the UK, and I am concerned about how long the box from BPAL will get held up in UK customs and also whether any other people from the UK have had problems with customs either with not releasing purchases from the US or making horrendous customs charges.

I'm a bit wary as I bought a scent decant from the US a couple of months ago and it took 5 weeks to arrive - and had been opened by customs (it wasn't labelled as perfume either, labelled as bath oil).

Hope you can help this very exited newbie who is DESPERATE to try Dana o'Shee, Anne Bonney, Dragon's Blood, Queen of Sheba and 3 others,

B

Hello,

I'm also in the UK, don't get your hopes up for a CnS in 10 days, that might be a little early, Generally speaking UK orders have a turnaround of 2 months+ eg. I ordered on 23rd July, My stuff was shipped on 26th September I got my CnS on the 27th September.

Shipping usually takes about a week.

I've NEVER had any problems with customs, as my orders have always come through with the customs label saying only the value of $5 (Coz the lab loves me :D)

In fact I've NEVER had any of my stuff from the US opened by customs, I guess you were just unlucky.

Customs SHOULDN'T really make horrendous charges unless it looks like you're importing for re-sale.

Hope this helps x

Edited because I'm stupid :P

Edited by AngelFireHeart

Hello,

I'm also in the UK, don't get your hopes up for a CnS in 10 days, that might be a little early, Generally speaking UK orders have a turnaround of 2 months+ eg. I ordered on 23rd July, My stuff was shipped on 26th September I got my CnS on the 27th September.

Shipping usually takes about a week.

I've NEVER had any problems with customs, as my orders have always come through with the customs label saying only the value of $5 (Coz the lab loves me :P)

In fact I've NEVER had any of my stuff from the US opened by customs, I guess you were just unlucky.

Customs SHOULDN'T really make horrendous charges unless it looks like you're importing for re-sale.

Hope this helps x

Thankyou!

I really don't understand why customs would bother opening a tiny package, and the lady I bought the decant from was quite upset that it had happened (she sent me another decant which arrived well before the original order...). Yeah, guess I was just unlucky. Hopefully not this time.

I'm just hoping that I get my order before 15th November as I want to order two of the current limited edition bottles, but want to wait to see if I like any of the imps I'm due so that I can combine postage if I want to order 5mls of any of these.

B

Hey Bagfish--

Just a comment related to the customs issue: I am currently waiting for an imp swap with someone from Canada and they will not ship it to the U.S. I have never had a problem with it before this transaction, and I have no idea why they are suddenly flipping out about this, but they are, evidently.

I suppose the lab will find out if this starts happening very often.

Hey Bagfish--

Just a comment related to the customs issue: I am currently waiting for an imp swap with someone from Canada and they will not ship it to the U.S. I have never had a problem with it before this transaction, and I have no idea why they are suddenly flipping out about this, but they are, evidently.

I suppose the lab will find out if this starts happening very often.

Um...really? I'm in Canada, and I've never had a problem shipping stuff to the US. How is your swapper labeling their customs forms?

On one occasion, a BPAL swap of mine was opened in customs (I am in Australia), but it didn't seem to delay the package, they just stuck a big green sticker on it to indicate that it had been opened.

Orders from the lab arrive here safely and they are quick! I got a CNS on Thursday and it was here by Monday last time :P

I've discovered in the UK it's REALLY UBER important (Muy importante) to label the customs forms Perfume OILS, because Royal Mail now say they WILL NOT carry any alcohol based perfumes at all! :P

*Bagfish you're most welcome :D

Also I've noticed that US posties hate it if us UK people write on the addresses in any colour except Black or Blue (*sheesh* found out with LOTS of returned mail)

Also just to reiterate a point made on the swaps boards, if you're sending a swap to the us DO NOT send it in an ordinary plain white C5 envelope - This is asking for trouble as US customs is highly nervous of other countries sending in Anthrax & other biological warfare chemicals in little vials (like imps) (No offense to any customs officers intended)

Manilla envelopes & Black ink & customs labels are the ticket :D

Also on the postage side of things, from the UK overseas if your packages are over 100g i's cheaper to send them as 'Small Packets' they get there in the same time, but is a bit cheaper than sending your imps letter rate :D

I couldn't find any where else to post this. I'm not complaining at all, just wondering about shipping times for Europe orders. It's technically staying within USPS service, but still going through the customs and whatnot.

Can anyone give me an estimate?

The Lab uses Global Priority Mail for international orders. It is really fast. I have had orders get to me in Australia in as little as six days from the date of shipping. Six to ten days seems to be the norm.

Generally for me it's taken around 7 days from shipping date to arrival (in the UK), but I've had it take as little as 4 and as much as 18.

Thanks ya'll! I don't think it was shipped Global Priority. I'm in a US zipcode. It's really confusing. Because I'm on a military base in Germany, we have the USPS here. Our zipcode is technically a NY zipcode b/c that is where our mail is routed.

I got a CNS about a week ago, but I can't be sure. I had an e-mail virus and had to clean out my files. That unfortunately had to be in the bunch, b/c I cannot find it any where.

I am patiently waiting. Though, I will be thrilled when they get here.

Thanks ya'll! I don't think it was shipped Global Priority. I'm in a US zipcode. It's really confusing. Because I'm on a military base in Germany, we have the USPS here. Our zipcode is technically a NY zipcode b/c that is where our mail is routed.

I got a CNS about a week ago, but I can't be sure. I had an e-mail virus and had to clean out my files. That unfortunately had to be in the bunch, b/c I cannot find it any where.

I am patiently waiting. Though, I will be thrilled when they get here.

Was it an APO/FPO? I honestly have no idea how long those take. A(F)PO's are treated like internationals by the USPS, they have to be walked in and a customs form filled out. If you got a CnS, then it should be going out as domestic. You could send email answers and get your tracking info, since you lost yours to the virus.

B.

APO/FPOs are taking longer these days - something to do with customs. I read an article last night that said they are taking as long as 3 to 4 weeks in some countries. Germany was mentioned as one of the worst. Some companies will no longer ship to APO/FPO addresses because of the lag time in shipping.

Hang in there. It's just government red tape. Another case of the little guy getting caught between the punitive politics of governments that don't know how to play nice with each other.

I'm ordering four 5 ml bottles and two imps to Canada. Does that count as four items, or five...?

Hmmm I'd assume it's 5, because if you got 4 bottles and a six-set of imps it would be 5. I'd email the lab and see if they'd let the 2 imps sneak in under 4 items...