Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

PP416

Sniffed: Lemon yellow oil. Fizzy ginger ale, sprite, and a bit of dishwashing detergent. Reminds me of a cross between ginger ale and Independent (or Independent's drydown on me). Very fizzy! The ginger note is light, though, and this is not a very sugary/foody scent.

Wet: Instantly soapy on my skin. Dishwashing liquid, almost like the bubbles or foam - frothy. Still faint ginger and lemon-lime soda, and still fizzy - but all of that's overwhelmed by the soapiness. It's a nicer soapiness that most - I sort of like Dishwashing Liquid soapy - but it's not what I want in perfume. :\

Dry: The soap has faded, hallelujah! It's still soapy, but less dominatingly so - I can smell the other notes more than I could before, and the lemon-lime is HOLDING on my skin which citrus almost never does. The ginger has faded a teensy bit, and I have to search for it - this is more Sprite than Ginger Ale now.

I love the scent in the bottle; I'll need to retest it more thoroughly.

Edited by fairnymph

Ginger and lime soda! This one sure is fizzy. It's slightly more limey than Old Ackerman's Instructional Toys, but it has the same effervescent ginger note with a touch of sugar. It's biting, but this make me think of a mix of ginger ale and lemon-lime soda.

TASTY. :yum:

I'm getting a teensy bit of ginger but this one is predominantly flowers on my skin. I'm getting lots of white flowers here. Hmmmm.... maybe my skin is broken?

I get a fizzy tiki bar quality from this one — something makes me think of gin, and something fizzy, and then there are florals. I can almost figure out what kind of florals, but no — just can't get a grip on them. They give me a soapiness that's more dish soap than, say, body soap, or shampoo, though; it's a clean kind of sweet floral to go with the drinky fizz. Interesting!

Sour lime, fizzy gin, yuzu. Adds a white tropical floral as the initial sour-lime fizzes down. Smells like the same gin base as Swank and several Tiki Bar blends.

I wish that I got the fizz, gin, or sweetness that other reviews have mentioned. On me, this pretty much smells just like lemon scented dish soap. It's a bit sweet and makes me think of soap bubbles, but still... dish soap. In the drydown, it takes on a fruity shampoo sort of edge that reminds me of bpal's apple blossom note. Too soapy for me.

this is an odd one, it went on fizzy (champagne or soda?), then bloomed floral (something waxy like a lily?), and dried spicy (maybe ginger? cassia?). I'm not getting the soapy aspect others have mentioned but the floral backs off a lot for me on drydown. there might be a lemon or lime note hiding in there but my nose is confused by this journey. 

A lost tiki scent? Strong orange cocktail with vodka, fizzy water, a stem of ginger (perhaps some cardamom and cinnamon?) and a tropical floral topper. I understand the soap note people are mentioning, it's out on drydown for me, but it just adds a very clenly bar to the picture in my head, lol. It's a lemony soap scent. The 'cocktail' and clean bar now both equally strong.