Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
scrappy

Zombie Apocalypse v4

This prototype is nothing at all like the released version. Instead of jelly donuts, I'm getting good ol' American Apple Pie. In the bottle, it smells more like pie crust with the cinnamon-apple hiding in the background. Dry on the skin, the cinnamon-apple comes out a bit more, so that it now smells like a freshly baked apple pie. Medium throw, but only seems to last a couple hours.

Sniffed: Golden oil. Rich, sugary, buttery cake and nutmeg! It's like Eggnog Cake, quite eggy and creamy actually, as well as cakey. Possible even a little rum-butter type note.

Wet: Spicier on my skin, as usual (I amp spice), and now I get a little ginger too - this is starting to remind me of Gingerbread Poppet (& Shub), it's that same spicy-dry-hot ginger note with the foody-buttery cake below. More buttery on my skin, but not more sweet. Very rich. Still eggy and quite creamy too. It's sort of like eggnog custard poured over gingerbread with a hard butter sauce on top.

Dry: Eggnog and Gingerbread Poppet had a baby. It's very creamy, eggy, rich, buttery foody and a little bit sugary sweet (but not cloying at all), with loads of nutmeg and dry, spicy ginger and maybe even a dash of boozy butter rum. Really intense throw & longevity.

I don't get any apple or any cinnamon AT ALL.

My feeling on this one seems to fall between the two previous reviews. I find that I really like this, but then again I like smelling like food. To my nose it is more of a coffee cake with apple cinnamon. It's not overly cakey. I get no egg or cream, but I also don't get the crust note.

Very foodie. And yes, I can see this being cinnamon egg nog... but its if you took it and solidified it. So, kinda like flan then. With eggier and with more cinnamon. And vanilla. Yum.

I agree with the cinnamon egg nog consensus. Cake and vanilla and eggs. Sweet and purely foody. I've not smelled the released version so I'm not sure how this compares.

This is nothing like the released (jelly donuts) version, the only thing they have in common is both smell like dessert. This version is like gingersnap cookies, but with something extra, like spiced rum or custard. Its quite yummy but not particularly zombie-esque, unless this is what brains smell like to them. :skull:

Edited by TheIceMaiden

I don't see any similarities between this and the released version (and I like this prototype version a lot more than the fruity, cloying version that was released). This smells like a buttery spice cake with creamy vanilla frosting and a dusting of cinnamon sugar on me at first. It starts to smell less delicious as it dries down, but I still like it. The drydown is spicier and more dry smelling (but spice notes do tend to amp up on me), and reminds me more of gingersnaps or lightly frosted gingerbread cookies. My husband doesn't like this on me, though. He said it smelled buttery and then like spicy potpourri :/.

I agree it smells nothing like the released version, but I'm getting a slightly burnt kettle corn smell on my skin. :blink: I asked my husband what he thought and he says caramel popcorn. I wish I got the spice cake/egg nog/cookies smell everyone else has, but alas. I think my skin chemistry must be broken. :cry2:

Sort of burnt nutty cakey from the vial, pretty faint on my skin. The smell reminds me of a buckwheat wrap I have that you heat for use as a compress, it has a scent like this… almost oatmealy, light spice, bready like a bran muffin or something. Ok, but not really something I'd wear... bread smells are good in my kitchen but not so much on me.

This smells like eggnog and coffee when wet - I've never smelled Eggnog Latte, but I wonder if this is anything like it. As it dries, there is a ginger and a buttery cake note - like yellow birthday cake. I don't get any fruit or apple from this, it is definitely a creamy cake scent. This is not an overly sugary scent. Very good throw and longevity, at least on me. Love it!

FWIW, I do not get cinnamon from this at all, and I tend to amp cinnamon when it is present in blends. I also do not get the crust/scone note either, which tends to show up as an acrid plastic smell on my skin.

I'm not sure I'll wear this much in the summer time, but during the winter this will definitely move into my rotation.

Edited by Ellebelle

Almost dead-on sweet, buttered kettle corn and pastry crust, though I should note I'm testing a quarter imp that's been shipped around a bit by now. I see the hints of eggnog and apple pie spice. Zero jelly - guess the zombies sucked it out before it got to me.

Zombie Apocalypse v4 - This is the scent of buttery and spicy cake with a filling of eggy custard. It's very foody and as with most foody blends, there's a hint of plastickness lurking around the edges. It's rich and almost savory in it's eggy nuttiness. It's a little too heavy on the butteriness, which also brings in the suggested of artifically-buttered popcorn. It's got so much potential but just isn't working right on me.

Picked up a bottle of this from the Lab's etsy shop, and WHOA, that's rich and buttery. The first whiff is cinnamon apples, which is followed by butter - they then meld to become something that reminds me of streusel topping an apple custard cake. It settles down, but stays rich and close and spicy cinnamony goodness. This will be a serious contender come fall!