Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
angelicruin

Unfortunate Shopping Cart

UNFORTUNATE SHOPPING CART
Powder-coated steel, caster wheels, cling wrap, and blood.

On my skin, metal and blood. Blood always starts out bitter on my skin and then turns slightly sweet and this scent is no exception.

Reminds me of The Cracked Bell. Not exactly the same, but close.

Bitter blood and soapy metal for about two hours, but then it has morphed into something light and pretty, probably the blood note as it reminds me of Blood Moon. I will let this settle and revisit.

This smells... really... good. Unfortunate Shopping Cart is the surprise hit out of the six WKAP blends that I've tried. Unfortunately, it's very hard for me to describe. It's sweet, and a little tangy, kind of musky, a little perfume-y (but not in a bad way)... and by god, it does smell a wee bit like plastic wrap (again, not in a bad way), although prior to testing this I couldn't have told you what plastic wrap smells like.

Hmmn. That wasn't a very helpful review. I'll try to come back after I've worn it a few more times and (hopefully) have a better handle on the scent. I like it, and it's definitely my favorite of the WKAP scents that I've tried so far.

Well, that's different - and it doesn't really smell like much of anything in the bottle. Goes hyper-clean and a touch piercing when I put it on, and, weirdly, seems to amp the other things coming off my arm too - how does that work?!? There's a lemony brightness that I assume is kind of the cling wrap? Though I don't know why I think that. And a smell like metal, cold, bland, strange, but not harsh - the whole thing has an odd sort of distance, an impersonal nature, that seems really appropriate for a thing as widely touched by strangers as a shopping cart. Oh, right, there's blood in here - once I'm sniffing for it, I get it around the edges, a sort of animalistic tinge. This is suggestive and clean and physical and deeply distant and messy at once. I'm a tiny bit fascinated, even though I'm not sure I'd really wear it.

In bottle: Weirdly citruslike. I’m actually guessing that is caused my something reacting with the weirdly realistic cling wrap scent. It’s pleasantly soft and powdery and not at all what I expected. Wet: Ah, there’s a bit of blood and steel, under the plastic/citrus note. My skin isn’t amping the citrus, so I’m really thinking it’s an artifact of plastic+steel. I’m liking it. The whole effect is unaggressively masculine, soft and competent. Dry: I really liked this. The blood reminds me of red moon a little. I really like the sweet powdery feel to it. It’s maybe a touch too delicate, but it’s lovely on the dry down.

Metal and blood. I must amp up blood, because this ends up smelling to me like Gore Shock, except slightly more pleasant. It's got a very manly aftershave vibe on me.

I agree that this has a manly aftershave smell to it. Unfortunate Shopping Cart almost smells like a cool, salty aquatic + old spice on me at first. This reminds me of another bpal that I cannot place (perhaps The Masque or A Fit of Artistic Enthusiasm, though I'm not sure).

The blood note smells dark, metallic, and kinda spicy to me. In the drydown, this does start to go powdery, but not enough to ruin the scent. I also get a hint of sharp, generic soapiness underneath the other notes as this dries down, but it's not bothering me either. This is like smelling a spicy men's aftershave, a touch of powder, and a hint of soap in the background. It would smell like a clean, well put together, average sort of guy.

I like this one, but I think that it's something that would be better suited for my husband, on days when I feel like I can't handle him wearing a heavier scent.

This is a very masculine blend, it smells like a man's cologne or aftershave. It's metal and ozone to my nose with maybe just a touch of blood.

I'd never wear this so it'll go into my swaps pile.

This is a very cold, metallic blend to me. Very masculine and reminiscent of CK1 to me, which I used to love. Now, this is just not my style, and the metallic note is just annoying, like you've been shopping for two hours with a buggy and smell your hands after. Or the damp change at the bottom of an old purse accidently left outside. Yeah, not my style.

Cinnamon buns? At least in the imp. On me there is some strong cologne-type note that amps like crazy. Maybe something minty underneath it all. Cold? Metallic. I don't know where the cinnamon bun thing came from, there's nothing like that at in this blend at all once it's on my skin.

I'm nervous about this. I was drawn in by the steel and blood notes - I love those - and I wonder how the cling wrap works, but the caster wheels? Let's try :D

In the imp - this is amazing, it really does smell exactly like the little shack for the shopping carts outside of my supermarket!

On wet - how the heck does Beth do this. This is obscenely spot-on! I feel like I'm out shopping! Fresh ozone, something sweet but not too sweet, the plastic of the cling wrap, and I haven't got the blood yet but I'm sure it'll come.

Drydown - The metal stays quite sharp and the blood comes through, mingling oddly with the sweetness and the plastic. Nice!

Unfortunate Shopping Cart - This is mostly metal and blood. The metal has an odd salty aquatic aspect to it that I absolutely adore. This smells like something a guy could pull off really well, but isn't masculine -- it's more of a gender-neutral scent. The blood isn't too coppery, and there's something in this that has the faintest trace of sweetness, but not in a foody way, but more like a very gentle musk. This is completely not like anything I tend to wear, yet I am really intrigued by it and think it's a really interesting blend.