Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
angelicruin

Joyeux Noel

JOYEUX NOËL
Douglas fir, tinsel, metallic swag garlands, arc flash, and the ozone smell of electrical discharge.

This scent is a mixture of pine and berries with a metallic charge. Kind of reminds me of fresh pine air freshener, but I still like it.

Smells like a fresh cut Pine/Christmas tree with a hint of metallic.

This would be good in an oil burner during the holidays.

This, oddly enough, might be my favorite of the WKAP oils I've tested so far.

In the bottle: Christmas! The fir definitely dominates, but I can smell the ozone as well. It's quite nice, actually. It feels very Christmasy.

On me: The ozone slips away and I'm getting the berries-- it actually reminds me a bit of a glass of deep red wine next to the Christmas tree.

Dry: All Christmas. Seriously evocative smell-- this reminds me of standing next to the Christmas tree, breathing in with something sweet in the background (the fruit sweetens and softens the fir, but doesn't really dominate).

I don't know if I'd want a bottle, but definitely hanging onto my decant.

This is all pine and mint to me. I could swear there is cranberries as well. It dries to a creamy, fruit, very reminiscent of Lambs Wool, only a Christmas version. I like this, but will stick with Midnight Mass for my bpal Christmas scent.

In bottle: Unfortunate. Lots of ozone, mint, and fir. I know mint isn’t in the notes, but I’d swear there’s wintergreen in there. The fir is strongly dominent, yet the mint turns it too sweet. Wet: Still strongly fir dominant. The mint note backs off rather, though it stays in the background adding it’s minty sweetness to the blend. The ozone calms down too, making the blend much improved on the skin. The mint is strong enough in the blend to cause a mild skin reaction, but I’m toughing it out to get the full effect. This really is Christmas tree and Christmas candy in a bottle. Dry: It only gets richer and more lovely as it wears. The sweet candy ends up blended so smoothly with the fir and the other elements that it’s an absolute joy to smell.In bottle: Unfortunate. Lots of ozone, mint, and fir. I know mint isn’t in the notes, but I’d swear there’s wintergreen in there. The fir is strongly dominent, yet the mint turns it too sweet. Wet: Still strongly fir dominant. The mint note backs off rather, though it stays in the background adding it’s minty sweetness to the blend. The ozone calms down too, making the blend much improved on the skin. The mint is strong enough in the blend to cause a mild skin reaction, but I’m toughing it out to get the full effect. This really is Christmas tree and Christmas candy in a bottle. Dry: It only gets richer and more lovely as it wears. The sweet candy ends up blended so smoothly with the fir and the other elements that it’s an absolute joy to smell.

Smells like a Christmas tree. I get loads of pine, a hint of metal and something that is almost berry sweet.

So far, my favorite WKAP. On the other hand, given the smell, I'm not sure I want to walk around smelling like a Christmas tree...

Lots of pine in this blend. This is primarily pine, with a hint of metal. Very evocative of a Christmas tree covered in tinsel.

Cool scent, not something I'd want to smell like.

No one worry here, there's no literal smell of electrical discharge, just plenty of cool evergreen and sparkling ozone. This actually reminds me a lot of Snow Moon, perhaps less sweet and more piney and chilly. I could have sworn there was some sort of juniper in here, but that could be my nose playing tricks on me. I love this as I do most Christmasy scents and will definitely seek out a bottle. :wub2:

780796017_MQduh-Ti.jpg

On first sniff there was something evergreen and metallic, with maybe a little sweetness underneath, but as soon as I put it on: ack! Mint! It wasn't immediately discernible when sniffing the decant, but once on my skin... :eek: :ack: :run:

Into the swap pile with this one! :cry2: Edited by stellans

This starts off electrical ozone and mint so sharp my eyes watered. Yikes! But it soon settles into a blend of fir, berries (hollyberry?), a bit of metal, and a touch of ozone.

I love this scent not only for the way it smells, but how it invokes the holiday season. To me, this smells like the houses decorated with so many lights they can probably be seen from space (like the house in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.) This is going to be a fun scent for the December season. :D

Joyeux Noel smells like minty pine, menthol, and berries. The pine is sharp and unpleasant at first, but it softens a bit as it dries down, and the berry note is pretty strong. It's a little too clean and sharp smelling for me, and it starts to give me a headache after a while. It seems more like an air freshener scent than a perfume scent to me.

Berries? And menthol. Oh, that's supposed to be something coniferous (an amper on me), I bet. Berries and Christmas, but a little more ~~dangerous~~ than that sounds.

This one is all fir on me, with an undertone of something between ozone and burnt plastic. Despite that burnt plastic thing, it's not actually at all unpleasant.

Joyeux Noel - This is a really gorgeous holiday scent. It's full of the scent of a fresh-cut Christmas tree -- sap and all -- and the scent of hollyberries and mistletoe. I would likely use this as a room scent in my oil burner before wearing it on my body.

In the decant: Whoa! This really does smell like a fir Christmas tree, adorned with tinsel and metallic garlands, with a bit of waxy berry and ozone beneath it.

Wet: Yep, it smells like a tinsel-strewn fir tree with some berries! As it sits on my skin, there’s a mentholic vibe beneath the fir note. There’s just a hint of a sharp, metallic note in the background.

Dry: The fir note is not as strong as it was during the wet phase of the scent. The bracing, mentholic quality has gone away, and the berry note is stronger than before (woe)!

After a few hours, what remains is a light, ozonic fir and berry scent (I’m thinking cranberry).

Verdict: I thought I was going to love this after smelling it from the decant and when it was freshly applied, and I would have, too, if it weren’t for those pesky berries! :P