Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
moonstonemama

Villa Diodati

I got a goblin squirt of this and the first thing I did was Google the name.

Wiki: Villa Diodati

It's and spicy and cold at the same time, but not like mint cold. There seems to be cinnamon and something like damp earth. Also maybe a little floral?

it's hard to tell. it's very well blended.

I guess cold and spicy are the best I can describe it as.

I have a goblin squirt of this also. It came from the Lab Ebay auction last month. I don't feel very confidant about reviewing it, but since it seems kind of rare, I feel like I ought to. I'm also afraid to spray the goblin squirt, because I don't have any goblin squirts and I'm afraid one squirt is going to use up like, 1/4th of the bottle... so I'm trying to sniff the small dribble of spray that I have dripped into the cap. :)

I smell some incense-y resin. Dust, and woodiness. ... subtly, I also feel like I smell a flower, and some citrus, and maybe some ozone. Mostly, it is dark, and 'masculine'-ish, and dusty-dirty, and woody, and cold/damp.

It is Cathedral, plus dust/dirt and ______. Some other stuff. It reminds me of Crypt Queen(minus the fruits and pretty) and Dark Delicacies' Gothic Horror(minus the warmth, plus some dirty).

Villa Diodati is very interesting. It's resiny, incensey with a touch of citrus and ozone. But it's dark, masculine. There's a hint of dirt to it as well.

This is the smell of a dark, tenebrous place, full of mystery.

As usual, I really like this room spray. I'm a huge fan of bptp room sprays and love that they do incense, leather, and more exotic type scents that are harder to find in a room fragrance from other companies. I also love that the scents are a lot stronger and longer lasting than the ones that I get from places like Bath & Body Works.

My first thought with Villa Diodati was "Old Spice." It smells masculine-spicy, a bit perfumey, and a bit of dry woods, which is all very warm and cozy to me. It goes through a phase where it smells so much like dusty wood (but in a good way, somehow) and sweet incense that I feel like I'm strolling through an ancient church temple. This is more spicy and somehow more bright & sunny smelling than a lot of the incense/woods scents that I already have from bptp.

If this were released, I would buy some for sure, most likely to spray on my husband's shoes and jackets. <3

Squeeee! Thanks BPTP goblins! :wub2:

Oooh! I can't wait to smell this! The name sounds Italian!

I like this one! It smells very fresh without having any of that normal harsh chemical smell from store products like febreeze. Smells kinda woodsy/piney to me. Definitely could see this being a very nice mens cologne! I think man when I smell this, but it is definitely a suave/suit man! :wub2:

Thanks so much Puddin and Goblins! :)

I really thought I smelled sea spray at first, but it broke apart into wet dirt & ozone, aquatic note, with grey stone. Pretty close to the smell of the Maine coast anyways ;). Really soothing, dark, earthy. I can see how this would be viewed as a masculine scent, but I don't really jump towards the association "cologne" when I smell this one. The aquatic and ozone notes are present without being overpowering. I like it.

I’m guessing maybe tonka, maybe palm, maybe stone. Certainly some wood. It’s vaguely spicey in a pleasant way. It gives a sunny feel. There is a hint of ozone and sea. It’s pretty, faintly masculine, and definitely creates a house on the coast feel. I like it, though it hasn’t much throw.

I just got a sample of this in from the Trading post with my Halloween order. To me it smells like either Sea of glass or Archangel of winter with a little more of a masculine edge to it. It's cold, but there is some that is cutting down on the sharp cold that those scents have and has more of the creaminess that tonka gives to scents for me.

All and all I very excited to get it and I'm hording away fro a special occasion.

Ok, so no clue what the components are, but it's spicy and a little earthy and citrus-y and sweet to my nose. Cinnamon spicy? Resinous? Anyway, it's wonderful. Absolutely wonderful.

And maybe it's just the season and the name, but it feels a little thrilling and spooky, too. :)

I get resin and cool stone from this...it's very much a "cool" scent but in a cool-shade-on-a-hot-day way. I wouldn't really want to use this all the time, but it's a nice spray.

Got this goblin squirt as a frimp from a lovely forumite (thanks sweetie-pie!) and dabbed some on my arm right away. (Yeah, I wear The Lab's room fragrances sometimes- hasn't killed me yet).

Hmmm, so strange and yet familiar somehow, at the same time.

OH! Got it! This smells just like the corner of my basement where I keep my "incense and candle" box! mmm.... :wub2:

Pleasantly cool foundation stones, a bit of "must" (the good kind) and then... some mingled resins, spices, soft fruits, green notes...

Very unusual combination of notes but masterfully balanced.

Yay Beth! When is the release? :cool:

Long overdue review for my goblin squirt, which I have just used the last of freshening up our new house's linen cupboard.

It's very tricky to isolate single notes from the blend - initially I get a eucalypt/mint smell, quite cold and damp, with just a hint of BPAL's winter snow note. Quite similar to Brooms of Steel, actually. Once the scent settles it rounds out into a warmer, earthy smell. One reviewer mentioned tonka, which I'd agree with; dabbing a tiny bit on my wrist results in a softer version of the notes I get from vanilla and tonka based perfumes.

Overall, a beautiful scent and one I wish I had more of.

Stars: ★★★★½