Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
edenssixthday

Apothecary v1

Apothecary v1 - I haven't smelled the released version of this in years, so I can't really compare. This is a lovely scent. It's got a green base -- perhaps a bit of green tea? -- and is loaded with the scent of sweet herbs and light, herbal florals, and gentle spices. It's really pretty and I just wish it had better throw. I can smell it for a long time on my skin, but I have to sniff my skin very up close to catch it. I may try it in a scent locket and see if it has better wafting power that way.

Bottle: herbal. Old herbal but in a good way

Wet on Me: herbal and parchment. As if the parchment was to contain the recipes created at the Apothocary

Drying down: Herbal with a faint berry undertone? Still get a parchment note with this as well

Dry: Starts strong but fades low fast. Still there but faint. A sweet herbal with berry undertones and parchment. I love this.

In the Bottle: Elusive. Can't pin it down.

Wet: Wintry. Reminds me very slightly of Tomoe Gozen, though TG is quite a bit softer.

Drydown: A wintry floral, then it just goes soapy on me. Aw :(

in the vial: this smells cold, green and soapy. Like a walk down the laundry/dish detergent aisle at the grocery store.

on application: the same, this doesn't change at all on my skin.

At first this reminded me of the smell of a dusty library. The kind with hidden treasures of knowledge.

It dried to a soft "floral" maybe? Very soft, powdery.

I didn't get the herbaly, grassy notes that others got. It wasn't that strong for me.

Edited by ianastar

This one is definitely a greener, lighter blend that the released version from what I can remember. There's a tiny hint of berry to it as well.

This turns a little soapy on me, and I do have a bit of a weakness for green blends, but I have plenty of those...

Green-herbal, a little grassy, and a little citrusy. Quite fresh and a touch cologney but with some sweetness, too. Unisex.

More complex, deeper, with a black tea note, and maybe some bergamot. Still very green and grassy; I suspect actual grass and dandelion, and something more edible...basil? I think also another mild mint note, maybe white mint or spearmint, and a very light touch of verbena. It's more masculine, more like a cologne on my skin.

Lovely brisk herbs, citrus, and tea over a musk & cologne base. It has a Victorian feel, like a gentleman strolling in a lush green park after a rain. I get some more floral notes now too, maybe some daisy, and there's something slightly soapy - could be the rain/aquatic note I get now, or a flower - I'm not sure.

Definitely something minty, but I get a waxy note in the drydown, not really beeswax, more like paraffin, or really old, ancient, faded beeswax. The final drydown is more about sweet muskiness with that waxy quality, and only a faint smattering of herbs remains. I would say this is unisex to masculine - I like it on me, but it's even better on my male roommate. Low throw but good longevity. I am happy to have a bottle!

In the imp, green herbals. Wet on my skin, it went sweet very quickly, which had me worried because I can amp that, but it has since settled down to a light floral with herbal undertones and just a hint of spice (parchment?). Quite pretty.

citrussy, green, clean in the imp. On the greeness (it smells a bit like juniper) sweetens a bit. This is a very clean scent but not soapy on my skin. Lovely!

Medicinal, electric, and soapy all at once. Has herbal qualities and watery qualities. Bizarre, and kind of interesting despite not being my kind of scent. It's just so odd!

Getting a touch of cologne as it dries, still with medicinal herbs and dry bitter/peppery spices in the background, less water more soap. The dry herb and spicy bits eventually disappear into a green-soapy-cologne mishmash.

Like the released version of Apothecary, this scent is really light and fades quickly on my skin. This scent has the green feel that I always expected to get from the released Apothecary. I get green herbs, maybe some citrussy tea, and a background of soapy, dry, floral laundry sheets. It dries down quickly to just a barely there, green, soapy smell.

Really dusty and musky at first with an herbal undertone rather than a floral one. After about an hour or two, the white florals pop and it turns into a really light, pretty scent. Wish I had more than a decant.