Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In the Bottle: Jasmine and Gardenia and probably another floral note I can't name

Wet/Dry: This is a thick heavy floral blend. I think there might be some lemongrass in here also, it's got a slight citrus scent. It's not sweet. There's also a certain amount of greennes, like leaves or stems, tempering the intense floralness.

okay, after 30 minutes the Jasmine and Gardenia overpower the green note and citrusy lemongrass.

wow has this got a lot of throw, and I'm not testing on pulse points.

Gardenia, jasmine, and maybe lily. Gardenia seems to be heaviest to my nose.

When I first put this on, I got a blast of pepper and hints of other spices. Trying it on a second time, the peppery quality is less strong, but I'm still sure there's pepper (maybe white pepper, maybe black pepper in small quantities). There is something vaguely green, as moonestonemama mentions. Could be lemongrass, but very soft. I am increasingly sure I smell ginger, and perhaps also cardamom.

But in short, it's a rich floral with some sharp spice. Reminds me of Marae. I like this a lot. Somehow this makes me think it's a wanderlust prototype.

Edited by naeelah

Grape Nehi is all I'm getting on this one after several hours. I had high hopes for the gardenia note, but no dice. Sigh. Into the swap box it goes.

This smells like a strong, chemical-y, sharp white floral perfume on me. Maybe some citrus. The floral part reminds me of tuberose and iris, but I'm bad at identifying the sharper floral notes... Gardenia is usually creamy & sweet on my skin, so if there's gardenia in here, it's a sharper, more perfumey variety.

Initially, this is very bubblegummy and ever so slightly spicy on my skin, so I'm thinking there must be some carnation in here somewhere. I get a little bit of jasmine, but no gardenia. It's nice, but I was hoping for something whiter.

Jasmine, tuberose, hint of iris. On wet, there was a peppery overlay (possibly white or pink pepper) to this. White, commanding, jasmine blend.

In the bottle: Orange blossom or neroli (definitely a bitter citrus-y note) and jasmine are what I get from the bottle.

Wet: Whoa, the oil is bright! It looks like I have orange juice on my arm! I am getting jasmine and an orange-y note that isn’t straight-up orange. The more it sits on my skin, the more I keep thinking orange blossom.

Dry: The oil has left a huge yellow area on my skin! It ends up being a citrus-y (like freshly peeled orange) white floral scent with a dash of (I'm thinking white) pepper. The citrus aspect ends up becoming less prominent over time.

Verdict: It was really nice to get to try this prototype, but ultimately, it’s just not something I would reach for, so I will have to see if I can find it a new home.

Edited by dementia_divine

Holy moly! Lush heady florals for days!

Sniffed in the bottle I get Gardenia and possibly Carnation. Since it was pretty potent, I put a dab of oil on my wrists and rubbed. Gardenia - lots and lots of it. Some red spice. Pretty but overwhelming.

The next day I decided to search this site for reviews.  With some help, I came here and read all of them. Ok. So I have the rorschach scent 😅  Second test, a teeny weeny touch on my chest/ belly. Aaannnddd...... it's plumeria.  "There are many varieties available, each with a unique scent. Frangipani flowers may smell like roses, Gardenia, pineapple, plum, citrus, ripe banana, coconut, grapes, ginger, candy, or spices". The basic scent I remember from a trip to Hawaii and a long ago bottle of frangipani perfume oil.

A keeper, just for those tropical floral days. Maybe if I apply it behind my knees it'll smell like bananas 😅

I get so much jasmine from this one, with some hints of other white and tropical flowers lurking underneath. Gardenia, plumeria, carnation, what strikes me as possible the floral part of the ginger plant, and I'm pretty sure orange blossom. There's a lot of good floral stuff going on here. There are some spice notes underneath, possible from the flowers that can go spicy (like carnation) possibly from some white pepper and cardamom (those are the two spices I'm picking up), maybe a little ginger. There's also some green notes and resinous notes lurking deep in the scent keeping it grounded to my skin.

It's fresh and rich and has some elements that remind me of Machu Picchu and Pele, as well as some elements that remind me of New Orleans. I'd agree with someone's comment above that it feels like it might have been a prototype for a Wanderlust. It just has that sort of vibe to me too!

I like this one quite a bit, though I need to be in the mood for something strong with a lot of throw when I put it on!

This is all jasmine, all the time on me. I do agree with folks that are thinking there is some kind of orange blossom in there, and I am leaning towards Neroli based on how it is going on dry down. It is definitely a sharp floral, and just a touch soapy, though not unpleasantly so. I see where people are getting gardenia from, though I am wondering if it might actually be freesia, or some other tropical flower. Regardless, it is a great choice when I am in a purely floral mood and DON'T just want to default to roses as usual!