Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This scent is a celebration of B-grade sci fi and horror from the 50s, 60s, and 70s: a glowing glob of radioactive waste mixed with a mishmash of ingredients from assorted recipes for fake blood -- chocolate syrup, corn syrup, grenadine, and peanut butter.

Wow!!!!!! This is amazing! To me, this smells like soft cocoa laced with sweet coconut cream! Love it!

This one is a crazy morpher!

At first it reminds me of Reeses. Awesome peanut butter and chocolate.

Later, both chocolate and peanut butter disappear and now I am smelling jelly. Must be the grenadine.

Scent only lasts an hour or so.

This is really, really boozy at first-- in the imp and first applied it smells like straight-up chocolate liqueur. After a few minutes the alcoholic bite fades out as the grenadine comes in. I don't really get peanut butter or the coconut everyone is mentioning, just chocolate and grenadine with a thick sugary corn syrup base.

There is something artificial, almost plastic about this scent, but not in a bad way. Then again, I always liked the way those fake scented toys smelled, so. :lol: There's something oddly familiar about it too, but I can't place where I've smelled it before. I probably don't need a bottle of this, but I love the idea and will definitely enjoy my decant.

I avoided this one due to the peanut butter and chocolate notes...but someone recently gave me a sniffie of this in a swap and I'm SO glad they did!

B-Horror is a wonderfully delicious sweet scent. The chocolate isn't bitter on my skin and doesn't turn sour (as chocolate usually does). The peanut butter note rounds it out nicely and adds just a hit of nuttiness.

The final dry down phase is just a nice, sugary sweetness. B-Horror is candy-like, not overly chocolatey and really delicious. This sort of reminds me of the Monsterbait series.

Really nice! I'm so happy I had a chance to try this. :wub:

B-Horror - Many thanks to sunshinedaisybliss for gifting me with a decant of this. The peanut butter initially scared me away, which is why I didn't bother to try it until now. Happily, I smell virtually no peanut butter in this, although I do perhaps smell a little warm nuttiness. This mostly smells like a cordial cherry -- heavy, thick, syrupy cherry covered in a carnauba wax-heavy chocolate. I actually really like it. Definitely makes me think of the boxes of cherry cordials you see everywhere during the Holidays.

It's amazing how blends age. When the decant was fresh, I could smell everything as the scent morphed through its various stages. Now that the decant has aged - what, a year? - its lost that clarity and turned into LOTS & LOTS of chocolate with a shot of grenadine. Unfortunately for me, chocolate and I aren't friends; I was hoping for heavy grenadine. The grenadine does come out at the end, but by then the scent is so faint I have to hold my wrist to my nose to smell anything. If the lab could make something similar without the chocolate, I'd be all over it.

I was excited to try this one out as I have a love for low budget horrors, they're just super fun! Like many others, I too was intrigued by the peanut butter note, plus all the notes, sounded so yummy in the description.

So, here goes:

In the bottle: Hmm, smells very sharp, boozy and milk chocolaty.

Wet on skin: There's the peanut butter! Along with a kind of toasted marshmallow kind of smell and still boozy/chocolatey, still very sharp. Kind of reminds me of how Baileys smells.

Later on: Okay, this smells a little big grassy on me (?) and a little like nail varnish remover with a hint of chocolate in the background.

*sigh* sadly B-horror isn't for me :huh?:

I didn't like this at first but then after leaving it for a few months and coming back... wow. Creamy chocolate, peanut butter and something else, something savoury almost. I really, really like this one.

It smells like someone is eating a Reese Peanut Butter Cup dipped in grenadine!! So spot on.

I love peanut butter and chocolate, but grenadine? Not so much. Really evocative of a B-Horror though!

Sniffing the bottle is strong chocolate and peanut butter. Reese's peanut butter cups. Wet on skin still all chocolate and peanut butter. Dry down is less peanut butter and light chocolate. Never really get much grenadine. I love this scent it's very unique, but bf says its too strong. ;)

UPDATE: Got another bottle on 4/24/15 and this one is everything I stated above but does have a little cherry (grenadine) on the dry down! Sadly sold this off because the staying power wasn't there anymore on me. :(

Edited by vanilla323

I dithered about this for so long, but I decided to bit the bullet for my love of chocolate and peanut butter. For the first half hour on my skin it's a delicious chocolate and nutty-coconut scent, but then it blooms into an incredibly true grenadine scent. Grenadine with an undercurrant of white musk. This is stupidly, impossibly pretty given the inspiration of the scent. Much love!

B-Horror was heavy on the grenadine on me, backed by corn syrup and smears of chocolate and peanut butter. The grenadine was super strong and sharply boozy on me, but on the other hand, the peanut butter is not prominent enough to be concerned about for those not wishing to smell like peanut butter (like me).

It was nice to get to try this one, but alas, the grenadine (which is on point!) is too much for me.