Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Golden pear, amber, fig leaf, oakmoss, bronze musk, mahogany, patchouli, and a smattering of glittering pyrite.

in all seriousness, in the bottle this smells to me almost EXACTLY like Verdandi. I love it, of course.

It dries down sort of powdery though, so I think I'll be swapping it back off. I wanted more staying power with that fruit, but it all hides behind some sort of powdery nondescript scent of... well, it's so 'normal' I can't even name it.

Wow, I'm surprised. This scent goes extremely metallic on me. Does that mean I amp pyrite? Or maybe bronze musk? How odd. Up close to my skin, I get that lovely pear/amber/fig leaf combo, but the throw is all metals, all the time. I'm not sure about this one. I wonder if aging will mellow it out just a little. Then again, I've only had it on a couple of hours. We'll see what it does the rest of the day, and if it doesn't sweeten up a bit, I think I'll tuck it away to age.

Delicious!

once applied I get a mishmosh of meaty fruit (pear obviously) and warm amber. There's also a woody note popping through, and a slight metallic tinge (I'm guessing the bronze musk or the pyrite?) The whole blend fits together perfectly, and if the notes weren't listed I wouldn't be able to determine what this was made of.

Overall, I'm getting a fruity warm and resinous scent, with a bit of wood and a green/gold hard note supporting the blend as a whole rather than as a main dominant note.

It's uni sexual and lovely!

Woody herby pear. Lots of greeness and aquatics too. Has lots of tomatoe leaf and fig wafting from it as well.

I love herby fruit scents and this one wasnt what I expected but I :heart: it all the same!

I was a little nervous about trying this one given my last experience with mahogany (Mata Hari - eccch!) and it was very woody in the imp with just a hint of incense and a slightly bitter note. In fact, in the imp and wet on my skin, it smelled a bit like an old apartment I had in New Orleans. On dry down, the pachouli, amber and musk have amped and I'm just now getting a hint of fruit, but no strong pear note.

It's turning into a lovely, gender neutral scent that I think I'm going to have to try on the bf.

It smells deep and earthy at first, but then after about five minutes it smells like a metallic pear. On my skin, it ends up smelling like a strange soapy pear scent. I had been hoping for more of the patchouli and mahogany, but that's not what I'm getting. :(

I just asked my husband to verify, and he said, "Yep. Smells like some sort of sweet soap."

Sniff: Sweet fruit juice mixed with an earthy muskiness

Wet: Definitely earthy, but not in a "dirty" headshop way. It's more like being underground. There are also notes of fruit and spice, but not quite sweet, more sour. It's kind of like being in a wine cave. There's a sense of cool earth and sharp stone, but also the tang of sugary fermentation.

Dry: Sadly, this turns to pure baby powder when dry. Every now and then, I get a whisper of the delicious earthy/fruity wet phase, but then it fades back into powder. If it weren't for the dry down, I would love this one.

Very excited to try this one, since the notes are basically a giant listing of all that is awesome on me.

Imp: Soft pear, patchouli incense, and a musk that reminds me quite a lot of those "china rain" scents that were popular back in the day. Behind it all is cool metal and stone, figs, and sleek polished wood. Complex and gorgeous!

Wet: The pear here is watery, cool and not very foody, but extremely lovely nonetheless. Behind it is a scent that reminds me a lot of the wet stone in Dwarf, along with a lot of beautiful golden musk, incense, and a hint of green leaves. It's pleasantly incensey and outdoorsy all at once.

Dry: This ends up being a very nice patchouli incense on me with hints of stone. Nice, but my imp will do.