Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
angelicruin

Ya-Te-Vo

Barbed, sanguinary greenery, fleshy and sharp.

Opium with pine and something like menthol. A bit unisex but not nearly as bad as I had thought. The scent-color is a smoky dark green.
This is quite an interesting scent, I'll keep the imp to see how it'll age.

In the imp: Green! More herby than evergreen.

Wet: Vic's Vapour Rub like whoa.

Dry: A mix of eucalyptus and bay on me, which isn't bad at all. Possibly a replacement for the dear departed Nero? We'll see!

A frimp from the Lab.

Ooooh yum yum yum! Bingo! Mmmmmm, now we are talking. Mmmm. Definitely best imp of this order. I do hope I continue to like this as it dries. To me this is - not actually very green, despite the description, but it smells of.... a herb I can't quite get, sage maybe, and a little like the foliage of a choisya shrub, and very slightly like lavender, and like a geranium graveolens. And more. oh it's gorgeous. Right up there for me - top 3.

I hope I like it later - off to bed now.

In the IMP it's minty herb and cool green. It reminds me of walking through forest trails after a heavy rainfall and the plants are all heavy with wetness. On me it's very strong and warm! Now it smells like an insense/soap/candle shop, a mixture of herby goodness. As it dries down it's sweeter and not as strong. Very pretty.

In the bottle - A green, herbal floral, something like sage or thyme

Wet on me- A green, soft, but menthol-y type scent

Dry on me - A soft green musky scent

Overall - It doesn't really grab me

I got this as a frimp. Its not something I would usually pick for myself, but one never wastes a frimp!

Imp: Smells like a straight up Christmas tree. I can definitely detect the medicinal scent others are talking about, but only because I'm looking for it.

Wet: Still Christmas trees, but there is a strange sharpness to it that makes me think of alcohol.

Dry (10 minutes): Goodbye Christmas trees! I'm getting a heavy spearmint, but there is still some soft pine in the background. Its very wintery. Not bad, but not quite feminine enough for me.

Dry (4 hours): Now it just smells like a spicy version of Irish Spring soap. Well, at least it smells clean.

Dry (7 hours): A light smell remains, rather indistinct, but it is candyish. Cotton candy, maybe? That seems odd.

Consensus: Its a pleasant scent, but its too masculine for me. I think I'll pass this frimp onto a friend.

I got a frimp of this included when I bought a bottle of Venus Genetrix from someone on Facebook... And while I would never have picked it for myself based on the description, or even most of the reviews, I find myself kind of sad that it's discontinued... Because I actually really like it!

It's not bitter or medicinal or especially evil-smelling on me - I guess my skin chemistry has sweetened it up or something, or maybe it's just one of those scents that mellows with aging? It reminds me a lot of Nocnitsa - it's a sweet (but not overly sweet) foresty scent, like balsam fir and sweet fern and berries, though with a touch of darkness underneath. Like a fairy-tale forest full of both magic and danger. And there's something a little heady, almost intoxicating about it. Very nice.

The sweetness eventually fades as it dries down, though not for an hour or two, and after that it's a bit more generically herbal, slightly medicinal. Not so much like something you would wear deliberately as a scent, or at least not something I would. But that first hour or two? Really lovely!

On the whole, not so sure I want to try and track down a bottle, at least not just yet. At first I thought I did, but the drydown's not so hot... Will experiment more and see.

Grade: initial phase B+/A-, later on C+

This is a nice pine with a smidge of opium for smokiness. It reminds me of a dark forest for sure. There's a mysterious air around it that I really like due to the smokiness. It's not like a bonfire while camping, but more like stumbling on a cottage with a stone hearth in the middle of the woods. It's a shame it's been discontinued.

In the imp: Prickly, sharp greenery, indeed!

Wet: This is a strong, green scent. It does have the impression of a barbed plant, but I also get this evergreen quality to it. As it sits on my skin, that pine-y quality becomes more apparent, along with something menthol-like (that doesn't have a cooling effect on my skin).

Dry: The menthol quality to the scent is gone now, and now it is a soft pine scent accompanied by herbs (I think I am getting some sage from this).

Verdict: An herbal, forest scent! I actually think this one is pleasant, although I doubt I'd reach for it over other forest scents in my collection. I'm really glad I got to try it, though!