Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
naeelah

Eros

My skin is definitely amping something up here, and I think it's the myrrh or one of the resins. This should be divine on me (love lilacs, love honey, love tea), but it's dark and earthy with maybe a touch of creamy lilac to soften it. This is a sweet scent, but sweet in an earthy way. Not to my taste, but it would be great for someone who likes resins/earthy scents.

Fizzy pop of wine that feels darker then honey, rather tart actually. Reminds me of this sparkling baco noir that Sandbanks winery makes.

Definitely has the same vibe as the Hamptons as mentioned above, but doesn't give me the headache that effervescent BPAL can do sometimes.

The myrrh and sweet resins are amazing in this and just get a touch powdery. I've got a bunch of fresh cut lilacs sitting in a vase on my kitchen table and this smells nothing like that - the lilac is so soft it's hard to make out.

I feel this is what Jeff Buckley meant by Lilac Wine. I think I need a bottle.

Bet this stuff ages GLORIOUSLY.

Eros is like a gentler Delphi. The myrrh is not too pronounced, and the sweet resins are softer than Delphi's incense on me. I'm not sure I can really differentiate the lilac here, but it adds to that gentle feel. A lovely blend, but not long-lasting on me; I will enjoy the imp but don't need a bottle.

Mmm... this is so soft and sweet. This is like a fairy tale. A pink room in the east wing tower, top floor of a castle. A princess room.
I'm having trouble describing this like a normal person, but it's super cute alright!! They all work together very well, but the standout notes on my skin are the lilac, myrrh and crimson tea leaves!

This one was down-right effervescent for me. It's more like a sweet honey bubbly than straight wine. It's really bright and fun! As it dries, it's like having a tea chaser. I don't get any lilac, which is kind of disappointing. On the flip side, though, the myrrh isn't turning to soap so I think I'll call it a draw. I really wasn't expecting to enjoy this as much as I do. I just might need a bottle.

In the imp, i smell a light, effervescent honey wine. On my skin, tangy and sharp myrrh and resins, almost incense-like, and the crimson tea. Not my idea of Eros, but then again, i think my idea of sexiness is different than Beths LOL.

This starts off very grape-y honeyed wine on me, backed by some resins, but over time, the wine calms down, and the resins come out more, along with some lilac, and it ends up smelling rather sour on me (not sure if it is one of the resins doing that on me or the resin/lilac combo). 

Eros ended up being a skin chemistry fail for me (I swear it doesn't smell sour whatsoever in the vial), but it was nice to be able to try it.

On wet, I thought for a moment this might be it, the scent where myrrh works on me. It was lovely lilac and tea and a touch of something resinous.

As it dried down, the sticky sweet yet sharply bitter thing that myrrh likes to do on my skin slowly crept forward overtaking the more pleasant notes.

This will get passed along to someone who will appreciate it more.