Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
karihan

Green Party

Green Party

In the imp: no surprises, this is very green. In fact, it smells of mown lawns! Oooh, this is promising.

Wet on skin: now I smell lettuce, and lots of it. Also some dandelion, crushed leaves and stems.

Dry: greeeeeeen! So green, greener than Envy could ever be. Green that makes Green Phoenix look off colour. A chlorophyll overdose. This is the scent of cut grass, mushy leaves, rained-on gardens, lettuce, cucumber, green tea, clover, dandelion leaves, and whatever made that salad scent in Virgo 07. I swear I even smell some rocket (as in, the herb) in here. There’s that nutty greenness that reminds me of rocket salad. It smells fresh and wet and evocative of spring. It reminds me of Dog Days, but not as hot and summery. It’s wonderfully outdoorsy too, but I get the impression that something in here may go soapy.

After a while: the green notes aren’t turning soapy or sharp, but they are gaining a slightly bitter edge, though it’s not an unpleasant. It’s like the green notes are deepening and darkening. And I smell something else. Something lurking under all the leaves and stems. At first I thought I was imagining it but now I think that I do indeed smell vetiver. It’s green at the dark end of the green spectrum, earthy and strong. Now this reminds me of the Apothecary.

Ok, so maybe it wasn’t vetiver. After a couple of hours I don’t smell it at all. Instead this has gone sweet? Yes…it’s gone sweet, like there’s a gentle sweet musk or maybe a sweet floral in there. Interesting.

Verdict: this is, literally, a green party! It’s a lively, exuberant celebration of the greenest notes out there. Everything is fresh and dewy and alive in here. There are varying shades of green-from sun warmed grass clippings to wet cucumber and lettuce salad, snappy green tea and a touch of herbs, as well as a darker green scent evocative of vetiver or maybe some kind of evergreen or woodsy note. I love the first stage, when it’s all refreshing and the notes are at their brightest and most vividly green, but they lose their sparkle over time, turning a little bitter and vetivery at times, but I do like the green musk I get after a few hours. It’s not a favourite, I do prefer Dog Days when it comes to grass, but I’m glad to smell a green grassy scent that doesn’t turn to bitter soap on me, that’s quite a rare thing.

Emoticon rating: :biggrin:

Is it a keeper? It’s not my favourite of the party scents, but it’s so aptly named…I’m glad I tried it.

If you like this, try: Green Phoenix, That! The Terror, Roadhouse, Dog Days, Envy, The Apothecary

In the bottle: Extremely pale nearly colourless green oil. Leafy, stemmy, green, mildly bitter and sweet. Wet, aquatic, cool and fresh.

Wet: Clover, cucumber, grass, and wild lettuce. Really refreshing. Reminds me a lot of Passionate Shepherd. A hint of something floral, a wildflower - maybe daisy?

Dry: I think the bitter note may be ivy, and some dandelion. This is also vaguely spicy. The smoothness of aloe is sort of rounding this out, though.

Summary: It dries down sweet, almost sugary, and slightly woody - reminiscent of Dog Days and Fairy Market. Still grassy green, though that's faded. Low throw.

Hmm, I like it, but not sure I *need* it. To retest.

Very light and green scent. I thought it would be ferns as in The Apothecary, but it was closer to A Blade of Grass without the GRASS smell of that one :D I'm so glad I have an imp of this! It's very light but very natural. Not a great deal of throw or staying power is the only downside to this oil.

First sniff: Fresh and wet and yes, very very green, a bright leaf-green.

Wearing: Green leaves, green grass, and wonderfully sweet rich flower petals scattered over. A meadow in a bottle.

Green Party - This opens up with a blast of fresh greenery - mostly grass cuttings and cucumber and maybe a bit of green tea? As it starts to dry down on my skin, the most incredibly gorgeous vanilla note comes out. I can't believe none of the other reviewers have mentioned vanilla, because that's exactly what it is on my skin -- sweet, sugary vanilla. It has the most lovely level of throw, and I catch wafts of it around me. The grass and cucumber fades quickly, but the vanilla is bolstered by something green that I'm guessing is the green tea...maybe with a bit of sugar? I usually can't stand "green" scents, but I'm NUTS about this one. I'm desperately in love with it. :heart:

Another goody found from the Limited Editions Category!
Without a list of notes available, it is still relatively easy to predict what this could smell like...
The Green Party is the supreme example of ecoconsciousness, therefor it must encapsulate some very environmentally friendly ideals.
A safe wager would be a very fresh and planty utopian sort of fragrance.

From the Imp: Oh, yes! Planty, planty, planty! There are immediate impressions of Aloe, Cucumber, Melon, Celery, Pumpkin innards, and Leaf.
Something sweet in this blend gives it more than a passing resemblance to the characteristic fragrance of baby oil.
The colour of the oil is exactly as it smells; bright, clear, and dewey with the slightest suggestion of green.On the Skin: Wow! Profoundest brightening!
This is bright, succulent, and crisp...
Elements of Green Tea, Fir, Eucalyptus and Apple Peel are inducted into the movement!
This is fantastic!
Green Party is a great unisex fragrance, refreshing & idealistic on Him or Her.
5 out of 5

Gahh...this is SO green @_@ I shouldn't be surprised, but it's like, omg blast in the face green. Green, a bit juicy, very leafy and there has to be some kind of lettuce note in this. Maybe cucumber as well (which I hate >_<)?

Yeah-on my skin this is SO green. Take every green note and mash em in a blender. A light-medium green. I think the only other blend that reaches this level of greeness was Green Phoenix, which actually turned my stomach. This is a bit more palatable. Wet grass, green leaves, and lettuce mostly to my nose when I first apply this. Sometimes I get touches of soapiness, sometimes I get touches of sweet cucumber. It's just..soo..green.

Green lovers-this is for you. It's just not my thing @_@

Ivy and grass, straight up. I love it! Green Party mellows on me after the first 10 minutes, and stays true to the ivy and grass for about 3 hours. This is quite yummy, and I wish there was more of it! :)

Grass for sure, and something that smells like aloe or cucumber -- one of those soft green scents. AND something harshly herbal that smells like bitter weeds OH CRAP is that spikenard? UGH spikenard hates me so much. I don't know if that's what that is or not, but it sure smells like icky acrid weeds, and on my skin that usually means spikenard.

On me, this does not smell like the nice soft green grass you guys are describing. It smells like rotting weeds. Kinda gross.

Green Party : Is definitely a green scent. On me, it smells like flower stems. Not really me as I would never wear it but interesting nonetheless. :lol:

Wet: Ick. Slimy, rotten vegetables. I may have to wash this off. It's quite bad on my skin. I can smell he Lab's gorgeous green grass note underneath whatever is disagreeing with my skin chemistry, but something in this HATES me. It's become sharp, peppery. Vegetal for sure. Can't quite place it though. There's also a hint of soap just throwing the whole thing off even more. Blarg.

Dry: That horrid note burns off, and I am left with something a bit green, and soapy. Actually fairly pleasant at this point, but not something I would wear. Glad to have tried it though!

ran across an imp of this on my desk, thought i'd give it a wear.

eleventymillion years ago, at the first GothCon, the one in Atlanta, some friends and i participated in the themed-room party contest. our room's theme was The Chartreuse Disco Lounge. and as luck would have it, even the tiles in our bathroom were green! (the ones in the room next door weren't, so...)

and we went a little nuts decorating the room with any green thing you can imagine. from lights, to bottles of actual chartreuse, bottles of nail polish scattered about, honeydew melon, some snow peas for snacking, i even put green towels, soap, shampoo, and conditioner in the bathroom.

there was way more, but you get the idea.

if we could have bottled the smell of all those things (even the ones that weren't scented - but the idea of them?) i feel like this is what it could have been.

but mostly, in reality, i think it is probably the green soap, and green fern, and maybe a hint of the green flower stems (very Morticia - just stems, no flowers).

a fun memory, but not really what i think of as perfume.

Imp: Wet green. Aloey/cucumber. That's apparently my generic "green wet" smell.

Skin Initial: Stickin with it. Cucumber face peel lol. (Maybe it's Eucalyptus?)

Skin Drydown: Gets a little floral-er but still an herbal-forward scent. Morphs into something like Dandelion sap. Something in it starts to dry, and gets more prairie grass and sunshine. Reminds me of Passionate Shepard's greenness. It wafts between dandelions and cut grass.

I fully excepted a marijuana accord when I first got this, but none of that nonsense. This is all bright, nature-loving green optimism.