Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
femmefatale

The Sea Rat

Seaweed, ambergris, and sea buckthorn berry with exotic herbs, incense smoke, ship wood, and Burmese musk.

Male berry cologne, to put it simply. It's rather sharp and bracing, with that "cologne" blast, with an almost minty berry note on top that sweetens it up. It's not anything my chemistry can pull off, and i think it's stuck between a cologne and a candle on me. Recommended for the guys, perhaps. Edited by cinderfallen

On me, the berry note is fairly prominent. The musk is very faint here. It also has an aquatic feel to it, without being an actual aquatic - if that makes sense. I think it may be the ambergris and seaweed combo doing that. I agree with the Berry Cologne synopsis. That's pretty much what it is for me. I like it, but I'm not one for berry scents, so I think this will have to find a better home.

Wet: Familiar, somewhat masculine soap- but I like it. It's breezy and aquatic, not something I have much of in my collection.

Dry: Unfortunately after two hours or so this turns pure berry on my skin. It's such a complete morph that I had to test it a second time the next day to make sure I hadn't confused it with something else, but no, there's an in-between stage where it smells like berries and aquatic soap and then it goes all to berry. And it's a sweet berry, too, total turnaround.

I would classify this as masculine, maybe gender-neutral because of the second stage.

Edited by arsenicsauce

In the bottle this smells similar to how I remember it from WCWC: a sharp, woody, salty smell with a little berry. On my skin, however, this is a yummy salty, woody musk with a little berry to sweeten it. I find it layers very nicely with Winter Maiden. A year's worth of aging has turned this into a well blended bottle of win!

Got a tester of this; in the imp, this is MANLY sea cologne of MANLINESS. Light application. On my skin, it's pretty much that same manly cologne with herbs and smoke now. This will prolly not end very well. Dries down to wood and berry and cologne, not for me, sadly.

Edited by Venneh

So excited to try a sniffie of this!

Imp: Fresh, salty ozone and bodywash. Ambergris and salt with something more interesting and smoky, probably the incense, underneath, and a BIG hit of very masculine musk.

Wet: It softens immediately, turning into a feminine, sensual musk (Arabian, maybe? It's warm and desert-y), ambergris-- which is a YES! note on me and here continues its awesomeness with a close, sexy, almost chocolatey smell-- and hints of sea air and incense smoke. Unfortunately, a smell just a hint like burning plastic almost ruins it. Does this have leather in it? Leather is usually the only thing that causes major plastic problems for me.

Dry: Sweet musk, ambergris, wood, and faint incense. The plastic seems to have burnt off and this has turned into a very femme, old-fashioned night-time perfume, a bit like Morocco! It's got hints of dust and salt and warm berries. Very pretty, but I don't think I need more than my tester.

Oh man, Oh man. I'm in love with this from the imp. All the notes are clearly distinguishable, and somehow the right ones for me all amp up like crazy on application.

Only slightly aquatic, with the berry, herbs and insence being very bold over all of the other notes. I LOVE THIS. Can I say it enough? Eh. Need a bottle. Maybe two. :wub3: