Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
plumlicorice

Does BPAL stain?

Black Phoenix turns orangey yellow on my skin. I wore some to a funeral a few months ago, and my husband turned to me at one point and asked me what I had done to my neck.

I haven't had problems with staining per se, but I did accidentally spill a bottle of Dorian on a text book once. THAT was not fun. It smeared the ink all over the page. :P

I'll second (or third or fourth) the baby powder for oils. I got a little exuberant opening my Snake Oil imp, and splattered the front of one of my favorite shirts. I left it to sit overnight with baby powder sprinkled all over it, washed it -- and no sign of a stain!

I would say it Definately does stain....well...........some anyway, Snake oil has stained my fave white shirt, and my skin on all occasions that I've worn it. (I'm not mad at the Snake Oil though :P )

Mme.Moriarty has stained my brand new marroon top! and today, Bloodlust flicked onto my shirt.....I'm gonna pay for that one! Hehe!

*goes to find strong stain removing stuff from somewhere*

:D

Edited by ouch!

Ok, so I would have put this in FAQs, but I don't have the ability to start topics there.

I bought one of last year's Lupercalia chocolate scents on ebay from someone who described it as unused and properly stored, etc. However, when I tested it on my skin, even after rolling the bottle, shaking the bottle, and stirring it with a decapitated Q-Tip, it seems like it's still separated somehow because when I applied a few drops it was clear with brown flecks in it and the area of my skin it's on is a light brown. It looks like I tried to spray-on-tan that little square.

This hasn't happened with any of my other oils, so I was wondering if that's normal or not.

That's the cocoa absolute. Some chocolate blends have a chocolate component that settles at the bottom and just exists as droplets -- it never emulsifies with the other oils. So you just have to roll it in order to distribute the droplets throughout before applying.

Seconding that this sounds like cocoa absolute. Try rolling the bottle between your palms for half a minute of so.

I own the Yule blend Black Temple Burlesque Troupe and it stains my skin like crazy. I have to make sure I don't wear it in places that aren't covered by clothing because it looks like an old, recovering bruise until I wash it off in the evening. I've heard that Boomslang does the same thing (I haven't tried it so I can't say for certain).

My bottle of Boomslang is OPAQUE. Smells fabulous, but looks like used motor oil..... and stains my skin just like you said, like I tried spray on tan, in that one area. :lol:

I am trying to figure out what to do to help with that, a little extra lotion where ever I apply it is my next attempt. And the worst part is that I slather like crazy, so I am all brown-spotty after putting on Boomslang!

Thanks for the info. As long as I know it's normal, I can find a way to deal with it. It smells real nice, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something wrong going on that I didn't know about. :)

Yes, totally normal with cocoa absolute & Snake Oil stains my skin yellow too, but I love it so much that I ignore the "bruise effect". :P

I have very fair skin, so the lightest little bit of staining shows up. I love me some Boomslang, and I find that applying it with a wand, so that I can easily control the quantity that I put on in one place, and then immediately rubbing it in helps considerably.

I apply a thin streak on one arm, them rub my arms together a few times, until the oil looks soaked in. This leaves a slight yellow spot, BUT I find that this yellow spot fades as the oil continues to soak in. So I just put it on 15-20 minutes before leaving (in inconspicuous places, just in case).

If you want to slather it, put on smaller amounts over a larger area of skin, rather then really caking it on in one place. I usually apply straight from the bottles, but with Boomslang that put way too much perfume on, so the stain never went away. YMMV but this works well for me.

Or, put it in a lotion, and then you can slather it everywhere without staining.

My bottle of Boomslang is OPAQUE. Smells fabulous, but looks like used motor oil..... and stains my skin just like you said, like I tried spray on tan, in that one area. :lol:

HA! Me too.. my oldest bottle of Boomslang smells amazing but it's so thick and sludgy that it's like putting fudge on my skin. Seriously, if your Boomslang doesn't stain yer skin.. it ain't old enough yet :D

PS ltrittipoe - I put mine on my scalp, behind my ears right at the hairline. It wafts chocolatey yumminess around me all day and nobody will ever know I have big brown Boomslang splotches all over my head.

It wafts chocolatey yumminess around me all day and nobody will ever know I have big brown Boomslang splotches all over my head.

:rofl:

For some reason this struck me as really funny. But also as a really good idea. I have very fair skin and Boomslang stains me as well. I usually just apply it normally and ignore the blotches.

HA! Me too.. my oldest bottle of Boomslang smells amazing but it's so thick and sludgy that it's like putting fudge on my skin. Seriously, if your Boomslang doesn't stain yer skin.. it ain't old enough yet :D

PS ltrittipoe - I put mine on my scalp, behind my ears right at the hairline. It wafts chocolatey yumminess around me all day and nobody will ever know I have big brown Boomslang splotches all over my head.

:lol: You mean, like this?!?!?

Edited by portalkat

Anything with a heavy dragon's blood component will stain me pretty spectacularly. Thinner, pinkish ones like Dragon's Tears blend in alright, but aged, sludgy Serpent's Kiss makes me look like I'm bleeding from the throat! :lol:

:lol: You mean, like this?!?!?

HAHA portalkat - yes! Except.. err.. I have hair ;) But I think you're on to something.. they should rename that show from Alien Nation to Boomslang Nation.

I slather BPAL on my wrists and the backs of my hands, and the skin there has become a bit darker. It's only really noticeable since I'm deathly pale from winter, though. I'm hoping it'll blend into the tan I'm hoping to acquire soon.I slather BPAL on my wrists and the backs of my hands, and the skin there has definitely become darker. It's only really noticeable since I'm deathly pale from winter, though. I hope it'll blend into the tan I'm hoping to acquire soon.

Edited by hmelt004