Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
TygherRayn

Juju

Both a fearsome crossing and fiercely potent uncrossing blend, depending on your intent.

Juju is full of jasmine. Sniffed wet in the vial, it smelled more herbal than floral, but the moment I applied it, the scent of jasmine enveloped me, and I couldn’t wait for this blend to disappear from my skin. Thankfully, after the oil dried on my skin, the jasmine softened, although it was still very evident. The herbal notes begin to show themselves at this point, and blend with the jasmine to create a scent that is bitter and floral. It’s an unpleasant scent for someone like me who abhors jasmine, but I imagine that someone who likes jasmine and who likes the bitter herbalness of the Voodoo blends could really enjoy this blend. I’m very curious to know how people use this blend for crossing/uncrossing. Something in my gut tells me it’s an extremely powerful Voodoo oil, and I don’t think I’d mess around with wearing this as a fragrance, even if I liked jasmine. Just for reference, the staying power of this blend is incredibly strong. This is a good 5-6 hour blend for me, when most BPALs fade on me after about 2 hours.

Edited by edenssixthday

Juju-

In Bottle: This is wild. A little sweet and a little...rotting.

Wet: The same; still a little rotting and cloying-sweet.

Dry: It's going powdery but it ain't gettin' any prettier. I have to get this off, sorry...And it doesn't want to wash off. Why is this such a clinging scent when it turns into such a bad scent on me?

Overall: Definitely not for me.

This is an interesting scent, strong but not overpowering, rich and heady, full of itself, but mysterious as well. Female, but not feminine, not at all. Intoxicating. Very sly, this one. Too bad it isn't available any more. (hint hint)

I have to agree with edenssixthday - Juju packs a powerful punch as a Voodoo oil. I've been going through a tough time, and the first time I smelled this, I felt this wonderful sense of relief. Like a ball of summery heat in my chest that just burned the bad stuff away. My anxiety, worry and anger was gone for a couple of hours at least. For me, it's only worked as UNcrossing, but then I've never tried to work with it as a crossing blend.

Scentwise, I get something dark and resinous, with a hint of something fairly peppery. The overall effect is sweet and warm. :P

I imagine that this packed quite a punch as a Voodoo blend. I can just feel it.

As a scent, I get a mix of jasmine/gardenia with a deep, dark resinous scent. It's earthy and spicy like red ginger and musk and something very aged; perhaps patchouli. This smells so much like a very serious, hidden magical shop that you go out of your way to get to in order to buy some of their wares. I *adore* Juju. There's something about it that is strangely comforting and releasing.

Huge mix up front... A bit spicy, a bit woody. Definitely a nice scent on me. Spicy and pretty to the end.

In the bottle: Intense. It’s reminding me a little of The Great Sword of War and of hunger. It’s a floral with some resin and an herbal edge. Maybe gardenia, jasmine, or carnation. It’s is aggressive, rather than sweet teen or old lady floral. Something about it buts me on edge. Wet: Spicy and incensey. It definitely smells like incense heavy alternative clothing store. I really do like it, though I’m not big on messing with voodoo recipes at all. It does indeed fell weird just to wear and is giving me a bit of headache. I could use some serious uncrossing though…. Dry: It fades surprisingly fast for something this strong. It maintains the incense shop with spicey florals effect, but softer. It’s really pleasant and gentle, but goes to powder in a couple of hours.

Something about the voodoo blends intrigues me, and I won't be satisfied until I have tried them all. Juju is very strange in that it reminds me of several other BPAL blends, yet I can't seem to nail down everything that is lurking in it.

Jasmine and gardenia, patchouli and maybe balsam, definitely some resins in there. This is screamingly strong, and considering how old Juju is, the scent is probably magnified. There are shades of the discontinued blend Noir here, that same sort of perfumey sophistication is lingering, but Juju has a soapy undernote that isn't entirely pleasant. There is also a strange hint of baby powder.

Does it work well as a perfume? No, probably not, but that's not what it's intended for. I would love to get my hands on more of this and give it a whirl. Next I need to find Goona Goona :P

I was gifted a tiny sniffie thanks to a wonderful forumite. THANKS! :D (You know who you are!)

Juju definitely has gardenia, jasmine and I want to say dragon's blood/myrrh perhaps since it has a very resinous drydown. Maybe some patchouli and/or balsam in there.

On me, it's very woody on the drydown. It started off as a jasmine/DB spicy blend. The spice is there, but jasmine and DB are faded and I get more of the resins/wood, with something that is a touch powdery.