Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
nekogrrl

La Primavera Atmospheric Spray

Tuberose, linden blossom, jasmine, rosehip, oakmoss, pink heather, white rose, and sugar cane, with plum, lemon tree, and orange blossoms.

This is the third part of my Primavera day. After having a bath and putting on perfume, I sit on the bed and spray this into the air. As with the bath oil, I really get the florals first, and then as the scent ripens, the other notes come in. It's not that these other notes become dominant, they support the florals as the dominant note, but (as with the other two) ground the florals. I would also say they darken the florals just a bit, tempering their sweetness.

Again, I would pick the dominant floral as the tuberose/white rose, but again, it's more that it's slightly more dominant, rather than THIS IS ROSE and here are her friends. I get a bit more citrus from the spray than I have from the oil or perfume. It gives the spray more of a fresh floral feel than the earthy/green florals of the other two.

I love this set. :P

At first sniff, I thought "whoa floral" and thought it would be a no go. But I sprayed anyway, and WOW!

The plum really blooms and becomes the prominent note, sweetened up by the sugar cane, and springified (yes I made up a word) by the florals. The main floral note I get is jasmine, and some orange blossom as well. I'm not a rose lover, so I am happy to report that this isn't a rosey blend at all.

This is a gorgeous room spray, and it definitely reminds me of the beauty of spring. And it lasted almost 2 days, so it's got great staying power.

Now.....to try the bath oil. :P

This is pretty flippin' amazing. Of the four seasons I was least certain of La Primavera in general even though there was nothing in each of the three items that was a major turnoff. I was so wrong, though, on all three counts!

The La Primavera atmospheric spray is a beautiful buoyant springtime room scent. The tuberose and plum come out and I can smell the most real, fresh, and hypnotic orange blossom and jasmine. The rest of the notes behind those all kind of mingle together into each other, but I do love the little lemon tree/sugar cane flash that occasionally makes itself known.

LOVE THIS!

Flowers, flowers and more flowers. This also has more staying power(to me) than the other three atmosphere sprays. It is following me from room to room. Or maybe I just got a lot of it on my fingers from spraying it? I still think it has more staying power.

La Primavera is such a gorgeous, sunny, bright scent. I sprayed it around my living room after cleaning and the scent still lingers around the next day. It's not overwhelming, just a subtle hint of scent like the smell of flowers and fruits wafting in from an open window on a sunny day.

this is really floral yet so beautiful and nothing like i have ever experienced before in a room/linen spray....

the tuberose is phenomenal and the rose and sugar combined with the lemon and orange blossoms is

spectacular....elegant!!

I hate tuberose (sharp, cutting, chemical white floral to me), but I couldn't pick out that note in the La Primavera bath oil or perfume oil. I can definitely smell the tuberose in the atmosphere spray, and it adds a familiar sharpness that I don't enjoy.

The oakmoss adds an earthiness to this that I really like. It makes me think of flowers poking up through wet soil, except the flower that's stabbing through is a sharp, perfumey tuberose. I had my boy sniff the throw pillow that I sprayed with this and he said it smelled like "bad women's perfume and dirt." Neither of us could pick out the fruits or citrus...

I'll stick with Down the Rabbit Hole for my totally awesome dirt-and-flowers scent.

Light, soapy-clean floral, with a faint suggestion of fruit. Tuberose, white rose, jasmine and heather are the strongest distinct notes. Orange blossom, rosehip, linden, and sugar cane if I really strain - I wish these notes were stronger. I can't detect any lemon tree, plum or oakmoss, sadly. Overall, it fits very well with the rest of the set and is appropriately evocative. Superb 'throw' and lasting power - I just wish it weren't quite so soapy.

This starts as a light white floral with a bit of sugared lemon. It's not very powerful. Unfortunately the note I smell the most after an hour is oakmoss, and I found out I'm not a fan. I find it overwhelms both the delicate florals and the citrus twist. I swapped it off and hopefully it will be loved in its new home. I like the bath oil the most of the trio - not surprisingly because it's free of oakmoss! :P

For me, this is a very pretty, blended, potpourri-without-all-the-chunks-and-dust kind of floral. I don't get any fruit or any citrus from this, and the florals are not distinct and I can't pick out rose, or the linden that usually reminds me of lemon pound cake. That said, it's really pleasant as a room and linen spray, and very long lasting on my sheets. I wouldn't want to wear this as a personal fragrance, as some folks have suggested about some of the sprays for the other seasons. I'm glad I gave in and bought La Primavera, though I really thought I wouldn't care for it.

I am waiting for Spring to come about so I can use this in earnest.

It is not my favorite of the four seasons, sadly, but it is of course very lovely if you like florals. Non-demoninational (if that makes sense) light floral.

Hey tuberose, how are you? La Primavera gives me loads of florals over oakmoss and heather. I wish I got plum or lemon. :(

so. Poison (the band) played at Lakewood (in Atlanta) every year, for my birthday, for... about 14 years. yes. just for my birthday. it was my party, and i invited a few thousand of my closest friends

00000288.gif

anyway. one year in particular, it rained. and oh good heavens how it rained. but it was summer, in Georgia, and it was warm. by the time i got halfway through the (gravel) parking lot, nowhere near the gate, i was already drenched. not the first, nor the last time that happened to me there! but that year, i had product in my hair. it was a weeknight and i'd gone to school (highschool) that day. and my favourite hairspray is Suave. was. is. only used hairspray once in the last decade or so - and it was Suave, then, too.

SuaveHairspray_zps461fa793.jpg

anyway. it rained so hard and my hair got soaking wet, and i had mousse-and-hairspray water running everywhere. and i could not only smell it, but i could *taste* it. but i was having a lovely day, and the rain was warm, and i had fantastic seats and backstage pass so what did i care?

and this partial bottle of atmo spray i just got? smells exactly like that day. warm summer rain, Suave hairspray, and a few thousand of my closest friends. and i adore it!

**this was in the mid 90's, so i can't say if their hairspray still smells the same. i hope it does, though!**

La Primavera smells like spring - soft florals, rays of sunshine, and actually quite peaceful. It doesn't have a lot of throw compared to other BPTP sprays - but some of that may be due to age. However, I do occasionally get a whiff of it and it smells sunny and happy.