Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Diary of a Lovestruck Teenage Cannibal

A deranged darling, sweet and sociopathic! Clotted vanilla cream, pink pepper, grapefruit, blood lily, red ginger, English pear, and lemon-squeezed candyfloss!

I had high hopes for this one and I have not been disappointed!

In imp: Spicy grapefruit and cake. A little citrus, but mostly floury, spongy wet cake.

Wet: It's sweet! It's fruity! It smells like smoky citrus incense birthday cake!

Dry: Reminds me of Birth Rite from Villainess but moister and with grapefruit. The pink pepper starts to come out and is what's giving it that smoky spicyness. The lily is sort of kind of there, but barely.

Dry after 5 minutes: Pink pepper has taken the foreground, but with that same background of smoky citrus cake. Creamy cake on fire! A unique, awesome blend-the closest comparison I can think of is Playing With a Loaded Gun. This one should make some impressions this summer. Edited by Whisperstilled

Wet, this reminded me a bit of Eat Me, in that it smelled like some kind of sweet cake, but there was a tartness to it that made it a bit more wearable. But I'm not very good at picking out scents, and I don't wear a lot of foodie scents, so that's probably not a good comparison. All I can really pick out is a creamy sweetness with something citrus-y, sugary, and slightly spicy. Unfortunately, it's a bit too sweet and foodie for me. :( Oh, well.

Holy rice pudding, batman! This reminds me distinctly of Indian rice pudding with a bright squidge of grapefruit. It's sweet and creamy and a little bit heavy while also having a really pleasant tartness from the grapefruit. I can't believe I let this sit so long without trying it!

Not sure of the age of this imp, but testing it today it's definitely a keeper.

In the imp/wet on: spiced gingerbread

10 mins on: spiced cake with citrussy butter icing. Someone upthread said lemon cupcake, and it is, but a spicy sponge cake under the icing.

Dry: mellowed/softer spicy lemon drizzle cake. As if I've just finished eating a piece of the cake and the scent is still lingering.

Definitely a keeper, and if I could afford to, I'd be tempted to track down more of it!

Pixie

First sniff: The edges of this scent smell like cherry/almond to me, but nothing like that is listed in the notes. There’s a rich buttery vanilla at the core, surrounded by lots of fruit.

Wearing: Very bright fruit and very dark vanilla, a study in contrasts. It’s a little unsettling for some reason; the fruit is rather loud, and there’s a hint of boozey fruitcake-ness to it.

got to try this at a BPAL-sniffing party this weekend. i am not normally a fan of foody scents (except sugary/creamy florals.) either they don't work on me or they just smell too cakey-caramel-cream for my tastes. diary of a lovestruck teenage cannibal falls under the latter scents. i knew this smelled good on me, and even kind of enjoyed it, but i also knew that it would be the kind of scent i would only truly wear once in a blue moon.

it was pretty much vanilla cream and pink pepper on me. it reminded me of vanilla + cotton candy, but with a slightly warm/sexy musky scent underneath. maybe that was the lemon-squeezed candyfloss? i can't be sure. i really didn't detect any of the other notes at all.

Sweet and spicy- I really like this one a lot- I do wish it was less peppery.... love the label too!

This is fruity, creamy candyfloss gorgeousness. The ginger is there and just enough. It melts into the cream and sugar notes and the whole thing is just... mouth-wateringly sweet and soft. A good one for bedtime, I think :wub2:

Bottle: Super fizzy Sprite.

Wet: Still very effervescent Sprite. The pepper is strong, but not "punch-you-in-the-face" strong, more like "consistently-applied-pressure" to weaken and even out the citrus.

Dry: Lightly peppered citrus and vanilla cotton candy with undertones of warm milk. Weird sounding combo, but this is absolutely divine! Hours later, it melts into a creamy vanilla.

Evokes images of: Smiles and happiness on a partly-cloudy day. Carefree gallivanting on a shopping district street until the stores close and you seek refuge in a coffee shop as you rifle through the goodies you bought that day.

Edited by Acayde

So excited to finally get to try this! In the bottle it smells like a mix of grape, ginger,and pear candy. It smells hard, sugary, and very amazing.

Wet on the skin it smells like slightly spiced fruitcake, with something slightly sinister and wonderful lurking in the background (probably the pink pepper and lily).

My skin doesn't play nice with overwhelming floral and spicy (Red-Hots type) scents. This however, stays nice and fruity. The pepper and lily round out the back of the scent, showcasing the wonderful juiciness of the grapefruit and pear. The cake goes a tiny bit like play-doh, similar to Eat Me, but it's so subtle that it's not bothersome. Mostly this reminds me of a fruity, gingery hard candy you've been sucking on for a while, and you get a tastebud stuck in a sharp crevice in the candy. It's delicious but ever so slightly dangerous. This is a very wearable foody/fruity scent.

Whenever I open this bottle I'm completely turned off by how unsettling it's first impression is (that could be the point though). However, the dry down is gorgeous and it's what keeps me coming back when I'm in an especially playful mood. :)

Out of the bottle, I get a fizzy grapefruit note that's reminiscent of cleaning fluid or bathroom spray and sweetness from the candy floss note.

When first applied to the skin it's a spicy pink pepper, grapefruit and candy-floss. My skin eats up the citrus notes after a short time leaving a spiced cupcake scent on my skin. After about 10 minutes, Teenage Cannibal remains unchanged, just a pepper/ginger spiced vanilla cupcake scent. mmmmm :thumbsup:

Bought this bottle off eBay maybe four years ago, and it hasn’t changed much—used to remind me a little more of MB: Bloody Mary, but now it’s like MB: Bloody Mary and Bitches Love Unicorns had a baby. This is extremely sweet—very much a candy scent—and very much a hot, summer fragrance.

Wet: Oohhhhhhhh. This smells like vanilla cake, with a dab of lemon and pink pepper in the frosting. Yes.

Dry: Still vanilla cake, though the lemon is fainter and pink pepper stronger. There's some ginger mixed in there somewhere, too. This is bright, fun, and foodie. :P