Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
imaginepageant

Cake, cookies, donuts, baked goods, even Cinnabon

Speaking of Conjure Bag Oils: I'm wearing Love Me today and it is a wonderful, soft, creamy musk with cinammon. Fresh I smell a lot of honeysuckle and lotus but my bottle has been sitting around unloved (ironically) for a few months and it smells wonderful. Definitely grab an imp if you get the chance--it really has a bit of that wafting cinammon bun scent to it.

My bottle of Chimera must be aged -- it smells exactly like Snake Oil to me. I had to do a side by side comparison and I couldn't tell the difference.

Did you try them on the skin? I wouldn't say mine are that similar, but they're more similar in the bottle.

Another no-cinnamon Cinnabon scent suggestion: I've worn Tombstone and heard, "Who smells like cinnamon rolls?" from my coworkers... my theory is that the vanilla in it smells just like the vanilla icing on Cinnabon rolls!

So, if you're not looking for cinnamon (I've found that cinnamon scents don't stay true on my skin), you might go the vanilla route for a similar type of experience...

I wonder what gives the store's scent that non-foody character, though? Perhaps the yeasty bread component? Butter? Has there been a BPAL to capture the smell of fresh-baked bread? Mmmm. That would be good.

Another no-cinnamon Cinnabon scent suggestion: I've worn Tombstone and heard, "Who smells like cinnamon rolls?" from my coworkers... my theory is that the vanilla in it smells just like the vanilla icing on Cinnabon rolls!

So, if you're not looking for cinnamon (I've found that cinnamon scents don't stay true on my skin), you might go the vanilla route for a similar type of experience...

I wonder what gives the store's scent that non-foody character, though? Perhaps the yeasty bread component? Butter? Has there been a BPAL to capture the smell of fresh-baked bread? Mmmm. That would be good.

Oh man, I've been saying that for years. We need a fresh-baked bread BPAL! :P

NOM NOM NOM!

How i wish to smell of cake.. :wub2: I know what you are thinking.. Eat Me? Nope, just doesn't smell like cake on me. More like baby powder =P sometimes i smell sour currants :cry2:

I would like the sugary frosting to come out, with undertones of butter cream and vanilla (not a huge vanilla fan, but in the right blend it is a-ok with me!)

I have tried but these dont work: eat me, drink me, and mb closet

right now i have on the way: i fell in love with a floating brain and mb bigger critter, hoping to find that perfect cake scent. :yum:

Someone steer me in the right direction? I am not stuck on vanilla cake, so ANY suggestion helps! Thanks!

You might try looking here. The baked goods recommendations thread. This thread deals with cake/foody recs as well.

thanks, i looked through, but most of the conversations were about other baked goods, while i just want cake. strawberry cake, chocolate butter cream, etc etc =)

Eat Me smells unpleasant on me, too, which was disappointing considering how many people recommended it. :)

My favorite cake GC is, by far, Cockaigne. It smells like delicious buttery cake.

As far as cake LEs you haven't mentioned go, I actually really liked this year's Halloweenie, Huesos de Santo, which is a very delicious custardy orange cake with a slight anise kick. And, although it isn't "cake," Sugar Cookie is quite good with a definite sugar-topped cookie feel. Midway is also very cake-y foody, but it has more of a sugary doughnutty sort of cake to it.

I love cake-scents. :) Good luck!

I know what you mean, I do love the smell of delicious delicious cake!

I've smelled the standard "cakey" scents and they just haven't worked for me either. Beaver'versary is quite amazing in the bottle, but is awful on my skin (and I have no scent locket atm). Closet and Eat me were gross on me as well

My cakey love is...

MB: Underpants!! Hard to get sadly, but it worked for me amazingly! (while Biggercritters & Closet didn't work at all)

But otherwise, I've resorted to more choco scents to fill the void :D

Though, many commercial scents/lotions make very wonderful cake/foody scents too. They're no BPAL, but it works when you have a craving for something in particular that you haven't found in BPAL...

Hope you find something that works for you!!

From the general catalogue, you might try:

Cockaigne
(Wanderlust) - Milk and honey, sweet cakes and wine.

It was all butter on me, but most people get cake.

Lyonesse
(Wanderlust) - Golden vanilla and gilded musk, stargazer lily, white sandalwood, grey amber, elemi, orris root, ambergris and sea moss.

I know it doesn't sound cakey (and I don't remember it smelling like cake the one time that I sniffed it), but I've seen several mentions of this smelling like vanilla cake.

If you don't mind tracking down limited editions, I would recommend:

Gunpowder
(2008 Halloweenie LE) - Carrot peelings, hay, chaff, molasses, maple oats, red apples, stable wood, and musk.

Carrot cake! At least at first. Then it gets a little oatmeal-y and finally turns a bit powdery and plasticky, but you might have better luck.

Huesos de Santo
(2008 Halloweenie LE) - Orange-glazed cake, dotted with anise seed, and filled with custard, set beside a bouquet of celebratory funeral flowers.

Gunpowder,
this can go a little powdery/plasticky on me (and I do amp the anise for awhile), but in the imp it is gorgeous orange cake.

Vampire Tears
(2007 Shojo Beat LE) - Wisteria, white grapefruit, neroli, green tea, jasmine, white ginger, honeysuckle, iris, and tonka.

This one was an utter disaster on my skin, but a lot of reviewers indicate that it smelled like lemon cake on them.

I've also heard/read good and cakey things about the following blends, although I haven't tried them personally:

Knave of Hearts
(Mad Tea Party) - Crushed roses and blackcurrant tarts.

Monster Bait: Closet
(2006 LE) - Bourbon blackberry buttercream over red velvet cake.

Monster Bait: Underbed
(2006 LE) - Cassia-caked cocoa coconut over angel food cake.

For buttercream, you might give Hellcat a whirl:

Hellcat
(Diabolus) - Hazelnut, buttercream, honey mead, rum and sweet almond.

And if you don't mind spices with your cake, go for:

Saw-Scaled Viper
(Carnaval Diabolique) - Snake Oil with cinnamon, cassia, and red ginger.

i work in a bakery making donuts and knave of hearts smells an awful lot like danishes, turnovers, or day old donuts with fruit in them after the greasiness has died away. there's a definite "bakery and berry." scent to it, and it's pretty basic smelling on me, just those two components. i love it for when i want to show off for people that i smell like a bakery but have taken a shower since i worked and have to cheat.

So, based on the recommendations in this thread I bought an imp of Chimera. Good God, it's one of the best things that's ever happened to me. Ever. Smells like a delicious snickerdoodle cookie. Mmmmm. I've ordered a 5ml and a 5ml of Pickled Imp as well, you know, just to compare. :wub2:

I totally agree with the recommendations for Monsterbait Underbed.. it may be a bit difficult to find a bottle, but decants appear fairly regularly on the sales thread - it's very VERY yummy :smile:

Bumping the thread to say that Pumpkin I (2009) smells like pumpkin & nut cookies to me. Sooo delicious! But definitely cookies, not bread. There is a crisp toasty quality at the edges unlike the soft roundness of a cake or bread.

Hey hey hey ^_^

Is there anyone who can point me a GC wich is cakey but soft (eat me was not working for me)

Or cakey vanilla/creamy something like that but lightly dont want it to go cookie on me :hammer:

Hey hey hey ^_^

Is there anyone who can point me a GC wich is cakey but soft (eat me was not working for me)

Or cakey vanilla/creamy something like that but lightly dont want it to go cookie on me :hammer:

Cockaigne smells like gorgeous honey cakes. :yum:

I have a weakness for gourmands so this thread is perfect (and dangerous)! Now I wish I had ordered more than six imps! Can't wait to add Chimera, Eat Me, Shub, Siren, and many more to my next order!

Edit: Never was good at spelling.

Edited by subtlesiren

Hey hey hey ^_^ Is there anyone who can point me a GC wich is cakey but soft (eat me was not working for me)Or cakey vanilla/creamy something like that but lightly dont want it to go cookie on me :hammer:
Cockaigne smells like gorgeous honey cakes. :yum:

Thank you ! will try it ^_^

I'm to much addicted to LE's that never come back <_<

Hello all! I have a bit of a plight. My boyfriend really wants to find a bpal that smells like a cinnamon cake! Lol I had an imp of pumpkin latte that was all cinnamon and sugar that he was obsessed with but when I bought a bottle it was too creamy. So I'm trying to find something that we can share. (Since its not every day my bf covets a smellie) I was thinking of *maybe* Gingerbread Poppet but I dunno. Suggestions pretty please!!!

Something warm, foody, and cinnamon.

Hello all! I have a bit of a plight. My boyfriend really wants to find a bpal that smells like a cinnamon cake! Lol I had an imp of pumpkin latte that was all cinnamon and sugar that he was obsessed with but when I bought a bottle it was too creamy. So I'm trying to find something that we can share. (Since its not every day my bf covets a smellie) I was thinking of *maybe* Gingerbread Poppet but I dunno. Suggestions pretty please!!!

Something warm, foody, and cinnamon.

Gingerbread Poppet is a lovely cinnamon dusted gingerbread scent. :yum: Chimera is also a gorgeous, sweet cinnamon bakery scent. It is warm and foody but also sexy too! :wub2: