Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

have we seen the label for this year's Snow White?

I just got my decant circle shipment in the mail yesterday; haven't had time to take photos yet. I'll take some and get them up soon!

All of the yules (obviously not Nutcracker or Christmas Carol) that I received are the same label except, of course, for the perfume name. It's a beautiful design!

I just got my decant circle shipment in the mail yesterday; haven't had time to take photos yet. I'll take some and get them up soon!

All of the yules (obviously not Nutcracker or Christmas Carol) that I received are the same label except, of course, for the perfume name. It's a beautiful design!

yay! I reordered this year's specifically hoping for a beautiful Yule label. I wasn't a fan of last year's labels, and wanted something different for my Snow White. Now, here's hoping that the oil is the same in this year's batch!

My bottle of Lick It Vigorously has a red-and-white candy-striped label!

Dee's label is different from the other GC's. I don't know if you can see in this pic (cell phone pic, sorry), but it looks more like the older GC labels, and there is a greyed out alchemical symbol in the background.

Dee.jpg

Dee's label is different from the other GC's. I don't know if you can see in this pic (cell phone pic, sorry), but it looks more like the older GC labels, and there is a greyed out alchemical symbol in the background.

Dee.jpg

Oh cool! Is it a new bottle?

I'm not sure! I thought someone here might know if it has always been like that. Probably has.

I'm not sure! I thought someone here might know if it has always been like that. Probably has.

Yea, kinda like how the Snake oil bottles are different. I think the black phoenix GC is different too. its been a few years since i tried Dee, I received an imp yesterday and tried it on earlier. Freakin love it! My taste must have changed or somethin. I think I may order a bottle soon.

woo-hoo! Here's a picture of the 2 WILF labels (one male, one female), the Wolf Moon 2011, and Winter Solstice Lunar Eclipse labels:

1149910092_evPMU-M.jpg

I'm not quite sure if this is the right thread for this, but since my question has to do with a label, I just assumed. Mods, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place!

Okay, so I have a bottle of Bakeneko. However, it has the "Vintage 2007" label like this one rather than the cat label like this one. Is there a difference between the scents? I mean, I know the bottles labeled vintage are from a trunk show rather than from when the scent was actually released, but does the "vintage" mean that the bottle was actually from when it was released and then the lab just relabeled it for the trunk show? Or is it a brand new bottle with a brand new label?

And if this has been answered before and I was too blind to find it, again, I'm sorry! I've just been wondering about this for a while, and now that I actually have a bottle with a "Vintage ----" label, I thought I should ask.

I'm not quite sure if this is the right thread for this, but since my question has to do with a label, I just assumed. Mods, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place!

Okay, so I have a bottle of Bakeneko. However, it has the "Vintage 2007" label like this one rather than the cat label like this one. Is there a difference between the scents? I mean, I know the bottles labeled vintage are from a trunk show rather than from when the scent was actually released, but does the "vintage" mean that the bottle was actually from when it was released and then the lab just relabeled it for the trunk show? Or is it a brand new bottle with a brand new label?

And if this has been answered before and I was too blind to find it, again, I'm sorry! I've just been wondering about this for a while, and now that I actually have a bottle with a "Vintage ----" label, I thought I should ask.

My understanding of the 'vintage' labels is that, yes, they are the same blend from when it was originally released. Since scents are mixed in batches, it was probably in a bigger bottle and in order to sell them they needed to put them in the 5ml bottles. Some of the older scents that were released at the trunk shows used to have those paper-ish labels, not the newer glossy ones, which they probably no longer had around. In an effort to make things consistent (again, I'm guessing here..), they made 'newer' labels for the vintage scents, but they are no doubt the same scent as what was originally released.

My understanding of the 'vintage' labels is that, yes, they are the same blend from when it was originally released. Since scents are mixed in batches, it was probably in a bigger bottle and in order to sell them they needed to put them in the 5ml bottles. Some of the older scents that were released at the trunk shows used to have those paper-ish labels, not the newer glossy ones, which they probably no longer had around. In an effort to make things consistent (again, I'm guessing here..), they made 'newer' labels for the vintage scents, but they are no doubt the same scent as what was originally released.

Thank you so much for clearing that up! I think, in my head, this is what I assumed was the case, but I wasn't quite sure.

Dee.jpg

The bottle of Dee I just received from the lab looks like this. :D

I love Dee.

Has anyone posted pics of the Last Unicorn labels anywhere? I'm dying to see them!

The labels are the same as the pics posted for them on their sale page on the Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab site. I can't take pictures at the moment, but all of the bottles I have from that series have the black & white sketch type images from the site and then a bit of pink and black text.

Has anyone posted pics of the Last Unicorn labels anywhere? I'm dying to see them!

The labels are the same as the pics posted for them on their sale page on the Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab site. I can't take pictures at the moment, but all of the bottles I have from that series have the black & white sketch type images from the site and then a bit of pink and black text.

Oh that sounds pretty, those sketches are gorgeous! Thanks so much for the reply. :D

No the best pic, but here's some of this year's Shungas - Burning Vulva, Young Pine Saplings, Loosening the Obi, Time Does Not Bring Relief (I love the cherub angels on that one), Dancing Koi and Harigata II.

img1700m.jpg

ooh thanks!! Oh how I wish they would have matched last years labels but since I only want one of them it'll have to do. ;)

The Womb Furie Labels are f'n funny. My mind was in the gutter when I saw the first label then saw the second label and it was a toothbrush. :lol: