Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nadirah

Rose Recommendations - which blend is for me?

I haven't tried many rose blends yet, but I'd like to. The only one I really loved so far was the crushed petal note in Wanda. Are there others with a similar feel? Other ones I've tried, like Persephone and Rose Red, were just terrible on me. I like the smell of rose water too, and the actual smell of fresh roses. Just something about the blends I've tried have been too sharp.

Rose Red perfume is very green on me. Persephone is very fruity. I don't get a lot of lush rose petals from those either.

I've been testing out Harlot lately and I lurve it :wub3: I actually added a full on bottle in the order I just placed with the lab. Don't let the cinnamon scare you. It's very subtle on me. It's GC too, so easy to get your hands on a imp from the lab.

If you like dirt and moss notes, Zombi is another favorite of mine. It's not a straight up rose though. I get about an even blend of roses, dirt, and moss.

Peacock Queen is my other go to purely rose scent. It's very floral and lush. That's LE though so possibly a bit harder to track down. It comes back frequently during Yules though so I'd keep an eye out for it later this year or even on BPAL's etsy possibly.

Rose Red is blergh on me, but my best bpal pal loves it. Some people really amp the green thing in it, I am one of them.

I still vote Seance for the sweetest most interesting rose note.

I do love Peacock Queen though also.

Rose Red is blergh on me, but my best bpal pal loves it. Some people really amp the green thing in it, I am one of them.

I've never tried seance and have never received a frimp of it....might have to add it on my imp wishlist for a future order.

I was afraid of the woods in Spirit Board, but they did not come to the forefront in this blend for me.

Woods tend to amp to single note level on me, so I usually pass on them unless the rest of the blend really interests me. Lilac and black tea haven't really been great on me either so I skipped getting a decant of that in favor of other Yules I expected I would like. Glad it works for you though. :)

I haven't tried many rose blends yet, but I'd like to. The only one I really loved so far was the crushed petal note in Wanda. Are there others with a similar feel? Other ones I've tried, like Persephone and Rose Red, were just terrible on me. I like the smell of rose water too, and the actual smell of fresh roses. Just something about the blends I've tried have been too sharp.

Rose Red perfume is very green on me. Persephone is very fruity. I don't get a lot of lush rose petals from those either.

I've been testing out Harlot lately and I lurve it :wub3: I actually added a full on bottle in the order I just placed with the lab. Don't let the cinnamon scare you. It's very subtle on me. It's GC too, so easy to get your hands on a imp from the lab.

If you like dirt and moss notes, Zombi is another favorite of mine. It's not a straight up rose though. I get about an even blend of roses, dirt, and moss.

Peacock Queen is my other go to purely rose scent. It's very floral and lush. That's LE though so possibly a bit harder to track down. It comes back frequently during Yules though so I'd keep an eye out for it later this year or even on BPAL's etsy possibly.

Thanks! I'll have to check out Harlot! I'm not a huge fan of strong cinnamon scents but it wasn't too noticeable on me in El Dia de los Reyes. And that's great that it's a GC.

I'm not a fan of dirt/moss, but I'd probably try Zombi if I came across it.

Peacock Queen is definitely on the list to try out next time it comes around.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Seance sounds amazing! I'll have to check that one out too.

Any recommendations for a dried rose scent? I love the rose in The Fainting Couch atmosphere spray and would like to find a similar rose in perfume. I love musks and resins and don't like white florals very much, but I am open to other flowers blended with rose.

Rose Cross, a 2nd vote for Thanatos, and Zombi

How similar are Rose Cross and Dawn: Mother? I adore (ADORE!) Rose Cross and noticed that Dawn: Mother has several of the same notes.

Also, any recommendations for blends in the same vein as Rose Cross (ie. mostly strong rose with something interesting in support)?

Saint foutin, a luper, reminds me very much of a more complex rose cross.

Rose, frankincense, wine and wax, beautifully blended. I can smell the wine, but it's not at all a boozy scent. The wax also plays it cool, and that's a note that usually amps like woah on me.

Saint foutin, a luper, reminds me very much of a more complex rose cross.

Rose, frankincense, wine and wax, beautifully blended. I can smell the wine, but it's not at all a boozy scent. The wax also plays it cool, and that's a note that usually amps like woah on me.

Okay, that sounds lovely. That one is definitely going on my wishlist.

On me, Dawn: Mother has a woody aspect that isn't present in Rose Cross. I think it's a very rich & lovely blend.

If you like the resiny roses, give Parlement of Foules a try & you might also like Ossa Arida & Ecclesiastical Excesses (I'll also second Saint Foutin).

Other strong rose blends that appeal to me are All Saints (another rich & resiny one) & Symmakhia (fruity, woody roses - not as light as you'd think from the notes).

On me, Dawn: Mother has a woody aspect that isn't present in Rose Cross. I think it's a very rich & lovely blend.

If you like the resiny roses, give Parlement of Foules a try & you might also like Ossa Arida & Ecclesiastical Excesses (I'll also second Saint Foutin).

Other strong rose blends that appeal to me are All Saints (another rich & resiny one) & Symmakhia (fruity, woody roses - not as light as you'd think from the notes).

Okay, a bunch of these sound fabulous. My wishlist is getting even longer.

And now I've run into the perennial BPAL problem of which to try first and trying not to go overboard by buying All The Things!

To my nose, the Dawns are very "user friendly " roses, they have that strong rose element, but have enough other grounding to make them appealing when you don't just want to smell rose, per se. I think they are some of the most special BPAL blends.

Seance to me is another surprise, it also has that rose punch without being one note. On me it's long lasting, and I eat oil like nobody's business.

To my nose, the Dawns are very "user friendly " roses, they have that strong rose element, but have enough other grounding to make them appealing when you don't just want to smell rose, per se. I think they are some of the most special BPAL blends.

Seance to me is another surprise, it also has that rose punch without being one note. On me it's long lasting, and I eat oil like nobody's business.

Yeah, I'm definitely waiting for Seance to come back in stock.

I have recently realized that a large portion of my collection is very rose heavy. I decided to list the main perfumes with rose (not including the oils where rose plays a minor role.)

Queen Venus in a Hood Striped Gold and Black- rose and the most amazing fossilized amber. The dry down on this is exquisit.

The Expiration- myrrh and a very lush, decadent rose.

Om Gan Ganapaytaye Namaha- Frankincense, sandalwood, rose and clary sage. This one comes across as very "bright" to me.

Spooky Action at a Distance- rose and sandalwood. Starts off mostly rose and a spark of elemi and dries down to a lovely rose sandalwood cloud.

Zombi-dried roses and dirt. That pretty much says it all

Ossa Arida-Probably my favorite rose/resin combo. Light rose, frankincense, amber,sandalwood....just a gorgeous combo!

Wildfire-roses and burning woods? This does not play well on my skin. It must go.

I have other oils where rose is a more minor player.

The Trading Post has a really nice rose perfume oil right now for Lupers, Ruined Roses. It has a sharp Zombi rose in it, which on dry down is also very much like Zombi, but not the same.

Any recommendations for Rock rose blends? I really fell for the note in Claircognizance.

Any recommendations for Rock rose blends? I really fell for the note in Claircognizance.

I think Winter Stars has a rockrose note as well :smile:

Sooooo... I absolutely love the smell of my Rose Petals and Champa HG when I spray it on, but its lasting power has been a bit temperamental so far. So I'm wondering - are there any Lab blends that might be close?

New here...hope i'm posting in the right place.

I'm also looking for a rose scent. I don't want powdery, or anything crazy sweet, but more like the actual scent of a beautiful rose from the garden. Also somethiing from GC so it's easy to find. Any suggestions? TIA

I'm also looking for a rose scent. I don't want powdery, or anything crazy sweet, but more like the actual scent of a beautiful rose from the garden. Also somethiing from GC so it's easy to find. Any suggestions? TIA

You might like The Rose, from the Marchen collection. It's very lifelike and smells just like a rose from a garden.

Rose blend/s similar to the one in atmo Queen's Croquet Grounds?

Rose Red, all the way (the Rose might do, as well, since they are similar).

You might like The Rose, from the Marchen collection. It's very lifelike and smells just like a rose from a garden.

I was going to say the same thing! :) I also find London to be a very realistic tea rose.

I find 2, 5, and 7 from Mad Tea Party to be similar to Rose Red and easier to acquire. It has a faint (on me anyway) grass note and juicy, rose smells red and freshly bloomed rose to my nose. I have picky skin when it comes to rose and this is one of the few that works. I haven't tried Red Rose from Marchen.