Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Overgrown oleander, marshy water hemlock, the sugared nectar of carnivorous blooms, putrefying wet greenery, oozing sap, crushed rosary peas, withered climbing roses, and nightshade berries.

The Ghastly Garden is, well... ghastly. I thought that since some green things worked on me, that this might too, so I snapped it up in a swap a while back. Something about it is just awful on my skin. It's got some greenery, yes... but it quickly enters sneezy floral territory and I just can't abide it. It is an utter failure on my skin. :(

This is the description, exactly. Very green and marshy and wet, with some berry sweetness and poisonous florals, but mostly green. A neglected, wildly overgrown garden in a wet climate - more of a spring scent than an autumn one to me. I really like it.

I can smell the Oleander very distinctly, then a very overgrown, swampy green garden scent. I like it because it is so evocative of the description, and it really hits the nail on the head. It's very wet green heady floral, almost headachey, though I'm lucky because it doesn't smell bad on my skin, just really strong... One things for certain though, this dries down kind of sexy...

The 2012 version I feel is very similar to the 2007 version, except this time it's even softer and more wearable. I don't find it overly sweet, but rather a mishmash of white florals and green notes. It's got a bit of a 'cologne' feel to it, and overall seems to be fairly innocuous.

Not creepy at all.

did not expect to like this one, but i do! a bright green scent to start off and then dries into a soft floral aquatic scent. :wub2:

2012 version.

I got what was remaining of a decanted bottle off of ebay.

It smells very similar on the skin as it does in the bottle. I don't get any soapyness as some florals tend to go, and they aren't screaming, but they are definitely sharp. It smells aquatic and very green, but very warm. Warm and damp. It's actually quite beautiful despite the sharp tone.

Fresh cut stems and green house flowers, damp air and overgrown weeds. It's very sugary for a flower scent, which is what keeps it from being soapy floral. It's nice from afar, but up close it's really sharp to sniff, and I didn't find that that effect faded after a while. I wouldn't think that someone would find that pleasant up close even if it's a beautiful perfume from a far.

I do like it, but I won't be buying a full bottle. I'll be using the rest of my remaining decanted bottle in my oil defuser. It will be a gorgeous room scent, that's for sure. :)

3/5. Not for skin, great for the room. :)

This is for the 2012 version.

In the decant: A sweet collection of florals, with berries in the mix.

Wet: Not so sweet, a little bit more herbal now.

The dry-down: Sweet flowers, sweet herbs. There's nothing ghastly so far about this garden. :)

Very cologney at first. Dries to a rather pleasant 'green' scent, as described, with some tart, dark fruits. I like this, but don't know how often I'd wear it. It more reminds me of an abandoned cabin in the woods with overgrown vines and berries and the occasional lily or two with good vibes rather than an evil haunted house garden.

Edited by milo

ITI: It's sweet, somewhat artificial, but mostly floral. It's a bit harder to tease out scents on first sniff with this one. On second sniff, I get an aquatic note, the nightshade berries, hemlock, and light rosary peas.

Wet: I get hemlock, nectar, rose, spicy nightshade, and something that reminds me of a light wood. It's less sharp on my skin than in the bottle.

Dry: Powdery rich floral. Most of it becomes muddled, but I can still make out the rose and the sweeter aspect of the nectar.

It's very strongly citrus-y from the imp- On my skin it turns to something sweeter, almost a melon-type sweet.
It's a bit sour but has a lot of throw, and it's a very heavy, wet, evil greenhouse type scent.

On drydown, it's a bit more fresh like grass in springtime but retaining that darkness. Lovely!