Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In bottle/imp: Sharp, powdery flowers.

Immediately on skin: This scent is very green, with some sharp florals blended in. Jasmine, for sure, but maybe some other flowers as well.

After a few minutes: The green notes have calmed, and the jasmine has bloomed into something a bit sweeter. But it’s still jasmine-dominated. This has lightened up considerably as I wore it, so now it’s just a hint as opposed to OMG JASMINE.

Overall Impressions: If you like jasmine, try this. If you hate jasmine, stay far, far away. This has a little extra thrown in, but not much. It’s nice, but nothing special in my opinion.

This is a scent that doesn't change at all. It smells exactly the same in the imp as it does on my skin. Dry is the same as wet and the only change I experience is as it gradually fades.

That is FAR from being a bad thing. Lydia is the most glorious floral. Beth is a genius anyway, but her florals are truly amazing. This definitely has jasmine - but there are one or two others lurking in the background here. It has a really good throw in the early stages, but it does fade quickly and is all but gone in around three hours, which is a shame.

I MIGHT try and find a bottle of this for myself, but I need to see just how much they're going for. It's lovely.

(And yes, I also find myself singing "Lydia, the Tattooed Lady" with this - albeit in a Kermit the Frog voice)

Lydia is jasmine, but not the sweet little Jasmine who crawls into bed with you in her cute li'l flowered nightie during a thunderstorm in the middle of the night cuz she's scared kind of Jasmine. Noooooo. This is great big ol' fat Mama Jasmine in the ugly housedress you hope to god she's never ever wearing out in public. This is 'Slap you upside the HEAD' Jasmine. "You listenin' to me, boy?" Whompp!! "I SAID I'm TALKIN' to you, BOY!" Whomp-whomp!! *hands on big ol' lumpy hips*

THAT kind of jasmine.

p.s. I detest jasmine. YMMV

This is a heady aquatic floral. The most dominant note for me is jasmine. It's potent and sweet. Alot of time, jasmine is sharp on me (and yes, occasionally we have the dreaded cat pee effect), but this one is lush, and like a hot house flower.

Pretty.

all i sense from this is jasmine, and probably some other white florals. it's kind of powdery, but i don't think that it's violet i'm sensing. for once, the jasmine doesn't turn sour on me, however, the scent is totally not me at all. i'm glad i got to try it though!

First sniff: Soft, sweet, ghostly floral, with a little bit of chill in the air.

Wearing: OMG JASMINE. Good Lord. It’s very subdued and well-behaved in the bottle, but then it gets on my skin and throws a wild raucous jasmine party and invites all its drunken loud jasmine friends.

Oooooh! A pretty floral! I really like it, but the strength of the flower in this one makes my nose twitch. I agree that this scent has to have some jasmine in it. A very green floral scent. Just lovely!

I am not sure if I am going to keep this one though. It is a nice floral, but I am in to floral scents with a bit more sweetness rather than greens in the background. Sadly my boyfriend does not like this one. (He only really likes foody scents... *sigh*)

Wet: Floral soap.

First on: Maybe floral cleaner is more like what I mean. Jasmine.

Dry: Same, and I'm not impressed.

Bottle: Definitely jasmine and a hint of something that is... lotus? Citrus? Some other floral as well. I'm going to take a stab at it and say white rose.

Wet: Strong, sassy jasmine. I think there might be both lotus and citrus here. The jasmine is really dominating but I happen to love jasmine so I'm okay with that. There is a green note in here as well. Could just be some sort of "stem" scent. It's certainly not myrtle or fern but I'm not much of a pure green scent fan so telling notes apart is difficult.

Dry: This is really lovely. A lush base of sweet, dense jasmine with a background of lotus/citrus and maybe a white rose. A soft, powdery but pleasant sort of floral. It reminds me of a saucier Clarimonde so I'm going with white rose. The green note gets a little stronger as it wears on but it works. This is like walking into a greenhouse in direct sunlight at high noon. It smells like hot florals.

Throw: Moderate.

Overall: I do love me some florals and Lydia is a glorious example. A very lovely jasmine blend that manages a bit of complexity and interest without losing the lushness of the jasmine. Love it.

In the imp and wet on my skin: floral, herby soap in a not so good sort of way. Decided to leave it on just to see if it would morph. The jasmine made a rush for the front in vain and now the gardenia is making an attempt, but I'm not holding my breath to see if it will make it. Or maybe I am, because I just don't like this scent at all.

Bleh.

I was so excited to get this in the mail... and I was not disappointed. I may end up trolling the SWAPS section to hoard.

I was enjoying this perfume, and it finally occurred to me why this scent is really evocative to me, and its because it reminds me of the *scent* of hugging my mom when I was really little, and of smelling the perfume powder puff she kept in her bottom drawer. Maybe its Cote D'Ivoire by Balmain? My dad can be counted on to buy pretty predictable gifts, but one year he bought my mom this perfume gift set for Christmas, and she was so excited, I had never seen my mother so surprised and taken aback by a gift before. She still says this perfume is her all-time favorite.

But Lydia is fresh, floral, and green and perfect for spring. It stays close to the skin.

In the bottle: Very tart floral. If this is jasmine, it's jasmine sambac - but it actually seems too heavy for that for me.

Wet on skin: Ok, getting "jasmine" mooe now. Definitely Maid-of-Orleans/jasmine sambac, not one of the sweeter varieties. This is pretty! It's still a very green scent, but a lush, bright green, not a dark, herbal one.

Dried down: It's gotten softer and more ethereal now, but still a beautiful jasmine sambac.

Throw: Soft and mild, I'm not getting a whole lot.

Verdict: **** This isn't my absolute favorite jasmine scent, but it's very enjoyable. I'll keep it around for awhile, at least.