Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shelldoo

Mr. Ibis

Papyrus, vanilla flower, Egyptian musk, African musk, aloe ferox, white sandalwood.

Mr. Ibis is so exactly like its character that its uncanny. There is a softness there, a delicacy, a subtly that I don't always find in perfumes. I was not quite sure about it, it was so reserved, so dignified, but I am finding myself turning to this trusty bottle on tough days or intense heat. Its cooling, calming, gentle.
I didn't think I liked it, on first try, but it turns out I am a fan after all.

Soft, sweet, and clean. A very calming scent. In the bottle it's mostly musk and a non-foody vanilla.. On application it's very musky and sweet from the vanilla, but the papyrus becomes the strongest note, smelling like sweet clean paper (in a good way!). Then the aloe starts to peek out when it dries, lending a bit of clean green sweetness to the background.

I usually prefer things that are stronger and warmer with more throw, but I can see myself turning to this to wear to bed or out on stressful days to keep myself collected. I don't even mind that it stays pretty close to me, just because I kind of -want- to keep it personal and just for me.

So overall this is definitely a keeper.

I agree with PeculiarHeroine that Mr. Ibis captures the quality of the character beautifully, but it just doesn't work on my skin. Too quiet, too reserved. The vanilla is faint, the musks are faint, the sandalwood is faint; my skin just eats it all up. I'll pass this imp on to someone who will be able to appreciate it better.

This smells sooooooo good, but it's so faint that I can only smell it if my nose is resting against my skin. As I'm a slatherer that likes to move about in a cloud of my perfume (don't worry, I work alone, not in an office, so I'm not bothering anyone), this just won't work for me. Sadness! It really does smell good, just needs more throw.

It is very light. It does remind me of paper (papyrus) and a little musky but overall it's a very soft scent. My boyfriend is very happy with it on him and I think it represents the character wonderfully. I personally prefer less over-powering musk scents so I don't mind it.

Intelligent and refined are the first words that come to mind as I sniff this in the imp. It has the papery/dusty quality of an old library, with some depth and woodiness I can't place yet. There's some clean and green elements too. I think the papery greenness must be the papyrus, it's a very lovely note. On the skin it is much fresher, and more green. I get a bit of bitterness which I think is the aloe and some waxy sweet vanilla orchid. The dark, warm notes I think must be the musk lurk in the background very softly. Gorgeous scent!

This is a clean, musky, dry, papery sort of scent. It starts off strongest on the fresher aspects of the scent (papyrus and musks), backed by some sandalwood, with just a hint of the vanilla flower. Over time, the dry, white sandalwood comes out more, lending that dry, papery sort of feel, but I feel like the musks are the star here. They're soft, powdery, and gentle.

Mr. Ibis is a little too quiet for me, but if you're looking for an understated, non-offensive scent, this would be a good one to try.

This is a clean white musk scent that has a rather dry quality due to the papyrus and sandalwood.

It reminds me very much of The Grand (Great) Basin, minus the violet leaf and ozone, plus a faint spiciness that is added to the musk.

Egyptian, Arabian and African musks (or ambers) usually work best on me - they have a decent depth and throw, add a dash of spice, and are not too overpowering or soapy.

The vanilla in this blend is not gourmand, as expected, but gives this a creamy floral quality.

It's very pretty!

I can imagine turning to this blend when I want a softer smell on me when going to bed.

Or when I want this "clean & fresh laundry" kind of vibe surrounding me.

I'm so happy I got this! I'll use my decant and see if I need to upgrade to a bottle some time.