Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
janelle_hell

Black Rose

A touch of amber? I don't think so. To me, this is pretty amber-heavy, giving it a sweetness (without a touch of foodiness) that compliments the rose. The name suits it - this isn't a pretty pink rose, or a voluptuous red rose, and certainly not a dainty white rose. It is a full-bodied, rich black rose. Overall, Black Rose is a warm, enveloping lush rose coated in amber. 10/10 - gothy, decadent delight!

This starts off a big, velvety dark rose.  Then it goes very bad and goes cleaner/disinfectant.  

A nice amber rose with a little bit of musk. The musk is a great addition and makes this stand out from many other rose blends. It's soft and beautiful, but dark just like the name. There's a little bit of greenness, like the rose was found in a overgrown garden covered with weeds. The rose is definitely the star of the this blend, the amber doesn't appear on me until it's dried. It does get a little powdery once it's dry, but to me it's not bad and doesn't completely overtake the gorgeous rose notes. It can smell close to incense at times, probably due to the musk.

Beautiful, not sure if I'll upgrade but this is a great unique rose for any floral lovers. 

This feels very Midwest grandma on me. It's fairly green, surprisingly. I am going to pass on this imp of unknown age to someone who appreciates roses more, because I don't really. If there was more musk, it might've been a different story.

This might turn into a multiple bottle purchase.  I really love how rich and inviting this rose scent is.  This isn't a tidy sweet tea rose at an English tea party, this is the darkest, red rose you can find.  Rain soaked after a thunderstorm fragrant and dark.

Edited by wyllowdaemon

This is going to sound bizarre, but, it smells like the following: a heady rich red rose with a slight hint of green stems, a whisper of powder (how amber plays on my skin sometimes) and a touch of purple grapes. That's right! 🟣

It's pretty great though.

Yep, definately smells 'heavy'. It's a beautiful velvety dark rose with just the slightest touch of spicy amber and musk.

I'm surprised at all the comments about a "dry" rose, because this is a very fresh, wet, almost "juicy" rose to me, sweetened by amber. I don't get a lot of musk out of this--that might be where the dryness comes in. For me, this is just a gloriously sweet, dewy rose. If not for the fact that I already have way too many rose scents, it would be a keeper for sure.