Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
jj_j

Dissipation

Strands of bacchanal ivy wind through sweet wormwood, pungent poppy, and a sliver of murky sassafras.

Bottle (Imp): A bit sweet, rather fresh.

Just On: Sweet, fresh, maybe a hint of wood.

An hour or two later: Fresh and sweet.

Around 6 hours: Fresh, and a little sweet, wood.

12 hours: Mmm, hints of wood and sweet.

Overall: I really like this. I wasn't sure if I would or not, since I couldn't remember anything about the notes or anything, but I do.

After reading other reviews: Hmm,m it certainly didn't seem very dark to me. I really like this one, and am a little sad that it doesn't seem many others do.

In the imp: Sharp and green, but not astringent.

On, wet: Mostly I think I smell the ivy. No sweetness or sharpness, just GREEN freshness.

Later: I actually really like this one. It's very different. It doesn't have that astringency of most herbal/green blends, but it's very fresh and springy. I like it.

In the imp: A sweet, fresh green smell...

On: Initially quite lemony on me - but a sweet, candy-like lemon, rather than Pledge lemon. I can smell something green and almost aquatic as well, and a dusty sweet floral - the poppy, I presume. I don't get any sassafras, which is OK, it tends to go a bit funky on me.

When it dries down, Dissipation smells similar to some of the Lunacy blends to me - that same fresh, cool herbal smell that lingers in the background of ones like Cold Moon, Frost Moon, Blue Moon and Buck Moon. I like it. :P

This one's rather pretty once the lemon-fresh note calms down, I'm sad it's discontinued.

First on this was, as others have mentioned, very lemony and green. The ivy isn't as dark green or cold as it usually is on me, it is lighter and fresher smelling somehow. I get a hint of sharp rootbeer-like sassafras at first, but it fades away after the first fifteen minutes on my skin.

Dissipation is very light and only lasts a total of about one hour on my skin. In the drydown it is all green ivy with a sweet floral in the background. It's pleasant enough, but nothing that I will ever need a full bottle of.

Dissipation - When I first apply Dissipation, I can't smell it! It's so light that it's as if it's not even there. Then, about 10 minutes after I apply it, as the scent is reaching the point of dry-down, I notice that the scent is coming out stronger on my skin, and it's such a pretty scent! It's incredibly soft and subtle, and I can't identify any of the specific notes in it, even after I look up the description and am trying to identify individual notes. They all blend together so beautifully. The only thing I can really say about it is that it's a light green scent, and incredibly fresh. It leaves my skin smelling clean and sweet, although it's not a sweet scent in the typical sense. Although it's very subtle and sticks close to the skin, it lasts for several hours, which is really surprising for such a light scent. Because it's so soft and subtle, it's not something I would typically wear, so I'm very glad that I'm not dying to get my hands on more since it's so hard to find.

Dissipation-

In Bottle: Sweet, kind of floral-fruity.

Wet: There's a murky note in here. Like...spearmint gum.

Dry: This is a really appropriately named scent. It's kind of...indifferent. Not unnoticeable, no; instead it is the scent that is indifferent to its surroundings. Chilly, aloof, lightly sweetly floral. Above everything. I don't think it's quite for me but it's interesting!

Overall: Not quite my scent.

This smells nothing like I thought it would, based on the notes. The wormwood gives an absinthey-lemonness to the scent, and there's a pretty floral underneath it. Mostly it smells like a crisp, clean scent. I like it. I think there are some in the current GC that smell similar to this, but offhand I can't remember which ones.

An absurdly generous frimp from BPTP on an ebay order...

This comes off as very strong lemons on me--I guess this is what happens when wormwood is combined with lighter notes instead of darker notes as in Scorpio 07. Strong, strong lemony scent--one of the most dominant non SNs that I've ever tried. There's a slight unidentifiable 'herbiness' at the back of the blend, but like others have noted, I don't really get anything floral here. It's a crystalline, yellow-grey scent and the wet stage leaves a very strong impression.

I was surprised to find a frimp of Dissipation in my Yule order--perhaps Beth is considering reviving it? It's a very fresh, green scent--I adore Beth's ivy note, and it's quite clear here. The undernote is faintly astringent (the wormwood?) but not so much as to make it a bitter blend.

This imp is very aged.

A fresh, green, slightly lemony scent.

Quite lovely really and I would be buying a big bottle if it was readily available, but it's not my holy grail so it's going on to a more loving home.

Fresh, very green. On wet, it definitely has a very lemony scent. And then it dries down to a very ethereal poppy.

Wispy, airy, slightly sweet.