Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
thesibylqueen

The Best Mint Blends

I like When the Winter Chrysanthemums Go. The floral part of it reads warm to me. I wear it to bed sometimes. And Lick It Like You Mean It is a lovely vanilla mint. Gennivre is a tea mint. Not sure if I would qualify it as warm, though. Sort of neutral.

If you are looking for GCs to try - Cathode is a mint scent with ambergris and moss, which mellow and warm the mint up.

You might like BPAL blends containing "chocolate peppermint" -- the chocolate/cocoa notes warm and contrast with cooler mint. (I went through a phase where I was crazy for choc/mint blends.) Monster Bait: Tokyo Stomp is the perfect specimen, where chocolate and mint contrast beautifully with each other. Dark Chocolate, Lime and Chocolate Mint (Lupercalia) is similar and also lovely. If you want something more complex, try WILF, which does have a mint touch, though it blends with all the other notes.

And I recommend Green Tree Viper too!

How Doth The Little Crocodile reads as woody chocolate peppermint to my nose. I'm not sure if I'd call it a "warm" scent, but it's certainly not a chilly/menthol mint.

I crave mint in summer, and Humpback Whale is one of my faves. It's cool and breezy without being chilly or overly aquatic. Next runner up is Knockout Drops: cool lemon meringue absinthe with rich white chocolate.

Honorable mentions go to Bess (herbally mint), Incubus (masculine caramelly mint), and Utrennyaya (dc'd, frosty violets).

Need some help on yummy mint scents...I oddly really want a mint scent right now. But something minty sweet, vanilla like, and long lasting. I can't decide between Lick It Now 2013 or Mother Shub’s Unmentionable Peppermint Creams?? I read the reviews and I'm still not sure. :eek:

I love the buttery cream mint of MSUPC but I hear Lick It Now has better staying power...please help me!!! And a random note...I LOVE Braving The Ice. ;)

Need some help on yummy mint scents...I oddly really want a mint scent right now. But something minty sweet, vanilla like, and long lasting. I can't decide between Lick It Now 2013 or Mother Shub's Unmentionable Peppermint Creams?? I read the reviews and I'm still not sure. :eek:

I love the buttery cream mint of MSUPC but I hear Lick It Now has better staying power...please help me!!! And a random note...I LOVE Braving The Ice. ;)

I didn't try the Lick It scent (never have) but Mother Shub's Peppermint has crazy strong throw on me. ._. Plus I love the sugary/creamy hint of marzipan it has. :yum:

Need some help on yummy mint scents...I oddly really want a mint scent right now. But something minty sweet, vanilla like, and long lasting. I can't decide between Lick It Now 2013 or Mother Shub’s Unmentionable Peppermint Creams?? I read the reviews and I'm still not sure. :eek:

I wore both of those scents today. The mint faded out fast on both. Lick It Now lasted, in total, about an hour on my wrist. Peppermint Creams lasted about six hours.

I wore both of those scents today. The mint faded out fast on both. Lick It Now lasted, in total, about an hour on my wrist. Peppermint Creams lasted about six hours.

I've also been craving a mint scent!

theicemaiden, I know LIN is more mint with sugar/ vanilla, and MSUPC has almond, but could you describe the difference between the mint aspects of the scents? are they both peppermint or does one venture into wintergreen/ spearmint/ etc territory? is one sharper/ milder/ brighter than the other?

thank you!

Six hours is pretty good not many scents last that long on me anyway! And I echo annemathematics's question about the different mints...please describe! ;)

Both have a very similar bright, chilly, and sweet peppermint note. Lick It Now is very sugary with a hint of vanilla. Peppermint Creams has a base of vanilla cream with a hint of marzipan.

If you can deal with the other notes...Bess to my nose was very minty and in a pretty girlie way.

rosemary, orange flower, grape spirit, five rose variants, lemon peel, and mint.

thank you so much TheIceMaiden for answering my question.

Ichigo, I received on thursday a decant of LIN. I put a small drop on one wrist friday morning when I woke up. it sadly disappeared within the hour. I hopped on my bike and rode to work and that little bit of physical activity revived it enough that it was back up in full glory and it was still going 6 hours later when I put something else on over it. it was a perfect pure peppermint/sugar/vanilla that I didn't know I needed in my life until then/now. I'm in love again. it mostly hung out in my aura. didn't travel across the room.

I would love to compare it to MSUPC. I've had mixed luck with cream/food notes on me, so might just get a bottle of this.

EXERCISE. I'm going to try this with all of the oils that quickly fade on me.

edited to say that this morning I tested a gingerbread scent that was fine on my wrist but made the skin in my elbow ditch red and tingly. I applied a drop of LIN and it cooled the skin instantly. three hours later and I can still smell the mint/vanilla/sugar. seems to have overpowered the gingerbread's notes rather than combined with them.

Edited by annemathematics

Hmmmmm...I am so torn on which one to get!! I've been leaning towards MSUPC for lasting power but now I'm confuzzled!!! :lol:

I know it's a TAL but I get warm mint from Dixie Love Perfume. Thought I was going nuts till one of the experienced TALers told me that the mintiness isn't unusual. There's no pepper scent in that, though.

Sometimes I get mint-like notes from absinthe/aniseed-type scents and pepper from pimento (Ichabod Crane has a wonderfully true pimento in it but it is LE). Lemon verbena also gets warm-herbal minty on me too.

Sometimes I get mint-like notes from absinthe/aniseed-type scents and pepper from pimento (Ichabod Crane has a wonderfully true pimento in it but it is LE). Lemon verbena also gets warm-herbal minty on me too.

I loved Ichabod Crane, but for me it felt more masculine and not too minty.

Hmmmmm...I am so torn on which one to get!! I've been leaning towards MSUPC for lasting power but now I'm confuzzled!!! :lol:

I've only come to this whole bpal craze recently, but I think you should take the risk and go for the one that is calling you. usually one's gut KNOWS THINGS when reading the descriptions/forums/etc and MSUPC has the cream note that is also in the braving the ice that you are enjoying.

for what it is worth, last night I went out to a show (metal bands in a warehouse!) wearing the lick it to test it further, and it had very little throw in that environment. I would get wafts of it now and again but not as strong I wanted (it's such a delicious smell that I want it loud and proud and obvious in my nose at all times). I wanted to be a candy-scented streak in the pit but the notes just hid in my hoodie.

so follow your gut on this and get the one you most look forward to seeing when you open your mail. yum! please don't forget to review!

annemathematics what a lovely post. You are so right! I gotta stick to my gut. ;)

Waiting now for Lupers to show up in case I want one too, but definately thinking I'll get MSUPC! It's the one pulling at my heart strings, making my gut squirm. :lol:

Been reading all the reviews for both scents and will definately add my review as well when I get the bottle! :wub2:

annemathematics what a lovely post. You are so right! I gotta stick to my gut. ;)

Waiting now for Lupers to show up in case I want one too, but definately thinking I'll get MSUPC! It's the one pulling at my heart strings, making my gut squirm. :lol:

Been reading all the reviews for both scents and will definately add my review as well when I get the bottle! :wub2:

one can go crazy staring at the reviews! reading them...searching for clues, guidance, answers...rereading them...closing the window and then opening it again and reading the reviews again.

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

You could always try Ya-Te-Vo. I didn't care for it especially, but obviously that could just be my skin and taste. I've linked to my review, but to sum it up:

...A heavy spearmint, but there is still some soft pine in the background.

There was nothing really "chilling" or "cool" about it to me with all the warm woody smells behind it.

Happy Hunting!

Edited by GuardianOfTheMoon

I hopped on my bike and rode to work and that little bit of physical activity revived it enough that it was back up in full glory and it was still going 6 hours later when I put something else on over it.

EXERCISE. I'm going to try this with all of the oils that quickly fade on me.

Gingerbread Snake was allllll gingerbread on me, with only a hint of snake.. and then I went and did some, ahem, vigorous physical activity ( :whistle: ) and afterward it was seductive gingery snake.

Now I should try that with Braving the Ice and Peppermint Creams, just to see if I can get any mint from them at all. :D

Bumping this in hopes of new minty recs!

I'd love to find a clean, fresh mint scent. Some sweetness is okay, but I'm not looking for an earthy/patchouli vibe, or anything predominantly menthol.

I've found Cathode is nice, but it goes mostly moss on me. Mad Hatter smells almost exactly like scotch mints candy, which is stickier than I'm looking for. Envy is (very disappointingly!) mostly herbal lavender. Aurelia was almost totally pine and cypress, and Stentor was trampled by the khus.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you!