Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sarada

Frumious Bandersnatch

Bandersnatch musk, redolent of spicy carnations, wild plums and chrysanthemum.

This smells more like red hots than carnations to me. Hod is carnations, this is not. I'm getting a bit of frankincense after a bit, so red hots and frank. Thankfully it fades fast.

In the imp - Plum on the top, carnation on the bottom. Something spicy-waxy in the mix, too.

Wet - Oh, too bad. This is turning powdery on me the way rose does. Waxy carnation! Or maybe that’s chrysanthemum. One of the florals has turned plasticy-powdery and it’s throwing off the whole blend.

Drydown - Thankfully, I’m experiencing more of the spicy musk and plum now. This might just turn out to be wearable yet! It’s got some body and depth to it once the waxy wet nightmare dries out.

Verdict - I love "The Jabberwocky," and I really want to love this blend. It requires further testing.

I can't believe I never reviewed this!

Frumious B (as I affectionately refer to it) is a favourite of mine, and I am so glad I have a bottle! And sad that it was discon'd.

One me, this is GORGEOUS plum (plum is iffy on me, so I cling to it when I find it in blends that work for me!) and spicy carnations. Love love love!!

Source: Who the heck knows, Probably lab.

Preconception: Love plum. But I have this handwritten note from years ago that says "Pretty but faint" So...

Imp: Floral simple not a lot to get.

Skin: Mmm spicy plum.

Drydown: My note was not wrong. This blend doesn't work on me - just no throw. I get little zings of spice but that's it. Maybe this vial is just a dud.

Verdict: Pretty but faint :D

Wet: Spicy carnation.

Dry: This is still just spicy carnation. I think it's nice, just not what I was hoping for. Luckily, I won't need to try and hunt down a bottle. ;)

Edited by donkehpoo

Frumious Bandersnatch is subdued plum and subdued musk and subdued spicy carnation. It’s pleasant and these are all notes I enjoy, and it lasts quite a long time, but it is too understated on my skin for me to be interested in chasing down more.

Wet: I'm not too familiar with Chrysanthemum smell but I definitely get carnations, that lovely peppery "floral" over tart plums. 

On: Ooooh the plums sweetens up on me! It does remind me of their grape note but more deep. The peppery carnation mellows out here . There's something else that's almost... Cottony? In feeling rather than smell. Musty almost. Maybe it's the Chrysanthemum. It gives this scent a wholesome solidness to it.

Dry down: Similar grape vibe still. Slightly peppery still. I think my skin is absorbing this a lot so I might need to put on more if I plan to wear it.

3+ hours: It's still there but it's a soft grape/vanilla. The spice seems to have disappeared on me. If I breathe deeply I get a whiff of herb/green. 

4 hours: Ahh now it's basically gone.

Low throw overall so although it lasted a while I feel I may have to slather this one to wear it. This is more of a foody scent than a floral one. I don't like traditional florals and this is not one of those. Really lovely overall.