Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A carnivorous enchantress: diverse, lovely and graceful, emitting a sticky, glowing golden, sweet and terminally inviting scent. Its dew is believed to grant eternal beauty and longevity, and restore vitality and vigor to the magician.

Sundew reminds me a bit of Machu Picchu, only more clean-smelling. I like it, but I'm not sure I'll reach for it that often.

Very faint floral in the imp, maybe a hint of something that has an almost citrus tint.

Wet on skin, it's undeniably a floral, though it's not a *flowery* flower, if that makes sense. Doesn't smell like I got attacked by a bouquet. Another scent that triggers color for me, as it's *bright* yellow on sniff. It's a sweet floral, sticky. As florals go, it's not all that offensive, but unless it gets a lot more irresistable as it dries, I don't need to keep it.

And it doesn't. As it dries, it just gets fainter and fainter. Not a standout, not a "me" scent, so off it goes to swaps.

Ooo-in the imp this is lovely! A sweet golden candied floral! Very nice!

Mmmm, dang, this is delicious! Like fresh sweet golden sap with a bit of bright green stem-iness. Sundew really does seem the perfect descriptor of this.

This dries down very nicely. I hate to keep using the same adjectives, but I don't feel there is any better way to describe this. Golden sweet sticky sap and fresh green stems. I'm not falling all over myself to get a bottle of this right now, but I can see it being a purchase one day in the future, especially the next time spring/summer rolls around.

Why did I think this would work on my skin? Florals almost never do. Smells EXACTLY like Clairol Herbal Essences shampoo on me. :P

I think this smells like the original Clairol Herbal Essences shampoo, too, but it gets softer, warmer and more lovely as I wear it. It makes me happy.

If this lasted longer on me, I would already own a bottle.

I love the clean almost laundry scents, and this is one of them. It's a very clean fresh sunshiney floral that doesn't smell exactly like... flowers. It's like sunshine and almost sticky sweet, almost but not quite soapy. I like it quite a bit, except that it doesnt last but maybe 20 minutes on my skin =(

Golden and sweet. I like the drydown but there's something in there that *burns*. Cinnamon?? I don't smell it but there's definitely an irritant for me in here.

Both in the imp and on my skin, this smells like sweet, cheery laundry detergent. Eventually on my skin it dries down to a slightly fizzy, sunny smell. It's a nice, bright, golden scent; I might add it to my laundry, actually! Comforting for gloomy days.

In the vial: Some sort of soap

Wet: floral. A bit like lillies. A faint bit of citrus in the background.

Drydown: White floral. Too clean for my tastes. I can see why people are calling it "yellow" though. It does evoke that color somehow.

from the outset, Sundew is a bright and immaculate fragrance, very clean and fresh. It does not change on me and continues to sparkle. It's like a garden after a hard rain. Definitely a spring fragrance.

Imp - A very sunny morning smell. Sweet and floral, a little bit too cloying.

Wet - Wow, not at all sweet or floral on me. Smells like fresh cut grass.

Dry - Smells like grass with a few flowers here and there.

Overall - Not a favorite, but I like it enough to keep the imp.

This was a lucky frimp from the lab (all the frimps I get are lucky, but this one seems especially fabulous because I'd never have ordered it on my own!). THANK YOU, LAB!

Wet, this is the most beautiful golden yellow morning sunlight on a field of spring flowers covered in dew. As it dries down, it crisps up and something faintly citrusy and even more faintly green comes out. It goes from pale gold to pale green-gold.

This is completely refreshing, and perfect for winter doldrums due to the spring associations it evokes. Overall, I'd classify it as a citrus-aquatic-floral. It gets a little less feminine as it crisps up, becoming slightly more unisex, but not too much over the edge for my preferences. Gorgeous! Aaaah! :wub2:

I had very high hopes for this based on reviews. I was looking for something light and springtime-y.

From the imp, it smelled like clean lemony dishwater.

When I put it on, it smelled like piercing cinnamon soap. Like I was being attacked by it. And whaddya know, I was, because it BURNED.

Off it came, and enter my pout. Too bad.

In bottle: surprisingly tart flowers. Wet: Sweeter on the skin, though still unusual. It’s a little like dandelion and sunflower with something green and fresh cut underneath. Dry: Unremarkable women’s perfume.

I really like this one...It almost seems aquatic to me at times, but flowery, too, in a really dreamy ephemeral way. A touch of lemony sunshine. Smells like dew drops on flowers at dawn in the summer. It's very fresh and clean and would make a wonderful room or bedding fragrance. I'm hanging on to this one to wear in the warmer months ahead, or for those unbearably gloomy rainy days when I long for spring!

This is my go-to scent. Not too cloying or heavy, perfect for school or work, light, flowery, yellow, sunshine, fresh.

Even my perfume-hating boyfriend has told me I smell nice when I wear (a very very little bit of) it.

I have been looking for some florals despite the fact that they aren't my favorite. I thought I ought to broaden my horizens and maybe make my coworkers stop thinking I am strange for my choice in scents.

Got Sundew today off Ebay and it's nice enough. Seems like an ordinary women's perfume without the headache and nausea that I usually get from Department store perfumes. Smells clean and bright without being too sweet and cloying. There is a greeness to it that helps balance the flowers. A little seems to go a long way and it stays pretty even without any morphing. This will be good for work, weddings, etc or a rainy spring day when I need a little sunshine. I now have Flower Moon 09, Sundew and Tissue. Of the three, I like Flower Moon best because the honey blends with the wildflowers, making it not seem like a true floral. Sundew and Tissue are more true florals with Sundew being warmer and sunny and Tissue, sharper and white. I still prefer Amsterdam, but can't see buying it because it vanishes within 1 hour. Now to find a nice lily scent, and I should have enough florals to last my lifetime.

Edit: Initially this was very floral with a slight lemony feel, similar to Embalming fluid. It smelled like you were laying in grass filled with dandelions, tulips or daffodils. After 10 minutes it started to sweeten up into something playful. I couldn't put my finger on it but when my husband hugged me he said "you smell like bubble gum". It's the cinnamon that so many people have mentioned. It doesn't burn at all, but it does change the floral into something more unique.

Edit again: It now has taken on a bit of melon. Got quite a few comments when I walk into stores..."something smells good"

Edited by DeniseScan

I thought it was OK for about 2 minutes and I got the brightness but then it went so soapy that I had to wash it off.

2/5 Really soapy on me.

Bottle: Warm floral touched with something creamy. I also get a good dose of amber and citrus.

Wet: There's something spicy in here as well--a touch of cinnamon or cassia? It's faint and actually kind of burns down upon application but I get a distinct cinnamon/cassia/spicy bark note from this. On the skin there's a hint of something faintly astringent and citrusy. I don't know if it's necessarily citrus peel or flower but I think there must be some element of citrus in here. I also get a warm, yellow floral over what I think is amber. It's one of the lighter ambers in the BPAL catalogue if it is amber.

Dry: So pretty. Warm, creamy yellow florals with the lightest touch of an amber(?) base note and some sort of citrus element. This is such a great scent for summer--it's completely golden and definitely draws to mind that "dripping and sappy" sort of scent. Very languid and pretty. Not so humid that I couldn't feel at ease wearing it in the middle of winter.

Throw: Excellent.

Overall: Sundew isn'y necessarily my favourite BPAL in the world but it's a great fallback perfume. I can wear it anywhere, it's both classic and distinct, and it's just an all around great blend. It's definitely a great perk me up blend--how can one be sad when one essentially smells like liquid sunshine?

Edited by paperrose

In the bottle: A nice yellow color. Scent - FLOWERS! I can't distinguish the different flowers, but I think there's some rose.

Wet on skin: Unchanged. I'm a little worried - it's a bit department store-y. This one definitely has throw. Or maybe that's because I'm wearing some on the pulse points of my neck today as well as on my left wrist. And I kind of spilled the bottle a tiny bit when I opened it.

On the drydown: I'm kind of disappointed. I thought this would be a nice, sweet scent, but it's just unpleasant. My skin has amped whatever it is that reminds me of cheap department store perfume.

In bottle: Kind of smells like dish soap.

On me, wet: Freshly laundered linen sheets. But they were laundered in an overly perfumed detergent.

On me, drying: Same

Verdict: It’s all right, I guess. I have no reason to keep it, though.