Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ajcj213499

Carnations

So, I just went to pull up the recommendation thread for carnation....and there wasn't one (mods, please correct me if I am wrong and just couldn't find it!)

But this seemed a shame to me. It's one of my two favourite floral notes! I simply adore carnation.

My favourite is in Alice Milk and honey with rose, carnation and bergamot.

I also love it in Queen Alice Carnation, posies, and white amber with a hint of inky treacle, sandy cider, and wooly wine

I adore it in Frumious Bandersnatch Bandersnatch musk, redolent of spicy carnations, wild plums and chrysanthemum and will likely cry when my bottle is gone

I catch nice hints of it in Judith and Holofernes Skin musk, honey, carnation, French magnolia, patchouli, sandalwood, and immortelle.

And from BPTP, I LOVE L'essence de la Passion Red musk, carnation, myrrh, and honey.

I wanted to love Maiden but it was more tea on me than carnation white tea, carnation and Damask Rose.

I thought I loved Liebeszauber but the cubeb just took too long to settle down and let the other notes shine. Honey, rose petals, and carnations – a drop of blood – red clover, cubeb berries, and vanilla cream.

I want to hear everyone else's carnation favourites! :wub2:

ETA: Thanks LiberAmoris! I searched for "Carnation" never thought to try the plural! Duh!

In that case, anyone have any recent carnation faves??

Edited by LizziesLuck

I think there's carnation in both Voodoo Lily and Leanan Sidhe, though both of them are lily scents (and it might be ylang ylang in Voodoo Lily! my nose has failed me). I haven't tried it, but Bathsheba is carnation, plum and musk, and might be a replacement for Frumious Bandersnatch; from what I remember that was all plum and carnation on my skin. I haven't worn Morocco in a long while, but I think the spices and carnation blend really nicely in that.

So, I just went to pull up the recommendation thread for carnation....and there wasn't one (mods, please correct me if I am wrong and just couldn't find it!)

But this seemed a shame to me. It's one of my two favourite floral notes! I simply adore carnation.

I also love it in Queen Alice Carnation, posies, and white amber with a hint of inky treacle, sandy cider, and wooly wine

I adore it in Frumious Bandersnatch Bandersnatch musk, redolent of spicy carnations, wild plums and chrysanthemum and will likely cry when my bottle is gone

I catch nice hints of it in Judith and Holofernes Skin musk, honey, carnation, French magnolia, patchouli, sandalwood, and immortelle.

And from BPTP, I LOVE L'essence de la Passion Red musk, carnation, myrrh, and honey.

I wanted to love Maiden but it was more tea on me than carnation white tea, carnation and Damask Rose.

I thought I loved Liebeszauber but the cubeb just took too long to settle down and let the other notes shine. Honey, rose petals, and carnations a drop of blood red clover, cubeb berries, and vanilla cream.

ETA: Thanks LiberAmoris! I searched for "Carnation" never thought to try the plural! Duh!

Bumping the thread due to my newest obsession, carnation.

My favorite Carnation perfumes are Hod and Morocco. I have imps to try of Bathsheba and I want to track down Brisingamen. I am waiting for A Thousand Hopes and Dreams and Fears to settle. I will probably never be able to find a bottle or decant of the The Masque.

What are some other carnation perfumes to try?

I thought I loved Liebeszauber but the cubeb just took too long to settle down and let the other notes shine. Honey, rose petals, and carnations a drop of blood red clover, cubeb berries, and vanilla cream.

My favorite Carnation perfumes are Hod and Morocco. I have imps to try of Bathsheba and I want to track down Brisingamen. I am waiting for A Thousand Hopes and Dreams and Fears to settle. I will probably never be able to find a bottle or decant of the The Masque.

Hey my fellow carnation lover! I think you'll like Brisingamen, I do. Keep meaning to get a bottle.

Hod and Alice are my faves, (Morocco is all sandalwood on me, which I love, but not a carnation scent for me).

I can't wait for my decant of A Thousand Hopes to get here! Anticipating needing a bottle.

Have you already tried Queen Alice? It's another GC carnation fave of mine.

Miss Lizzie and Cushing Manor "Atmofume" are my newest carnation loves, but they're both harder to find.

I know "soliciting" is not allowed, and this is not that, but if you wanted to try The Masque, dear Sprout, I know a certain someone who has a bottle and would gladly send you some to try. :D PM me if you want.

Hey my fellow carnation lover! I think you'll like Brisingamen, I do. Keep meaning to get a bottle.

Hod and Alice are my faves, (Morocco is all sandalwood on me, which I love, but not a carnation scent for me).

I can't wait for my decant of A Thousand Hopes to get here! Anticipating needing a bottle.

Miss Lizzie and Cushing Manor "Atmofume" are my newest carnation loves, but they're both harder to find.

I know "soliciting" is not allowed, and this is not that, but if you wanted to try The Masque, dear Sprout, I know a certain someone who has a bottle and would gladly send you some to try. :D PM me if you want.

I think you will love A Thousand Hopes and Dreams and Joys. It is very similar to Morocco with no Sandalwood.

I have a bottle of Liebeszauber on the way. I have a very aged bottle of Queen Alice that I should retry.

I love, love, love Cushing Manor.

Miss Addie is very hard to find as is the Bandersnatch.

Brisingamen has been out of stock the last few times I was checking to add to my order.

What about Bathsheba?

Funny, I barely get any carnation from Morocco!

Me either, it seems some do, some don't!

I think you will love A Thousand Hopes and Dreams and Joys. It is very similar to Morocco with no Sandalwood.

I have a bottle of Liebeszauber on the way. I have a very aged bottle of Queen Alice that I should retry.

I love, love, love Cushing Manor.

Miss Addie is very hard to find as is the Bandersnatch.

Brisingamen has been out of stock the last few times I was checking to add to my order.

What about Bathsheba?

Sadly, Bathsheba has one of the Lab's plum notes that turns to plastic on my skin, so I can't enjoy it. :( Sounds like it would be awesome though, if you don't have that same issue!

Alice, The Reaper of Cruelty has some carnation with the geranium, have you tried that? Judith and Holofernes as well.

Carnation necrobump for some newer, wonderful carnation scents:

A Thousand Thoughs and Hopes and Joys (Yule 2016): joyful sugared carnation and vanilla freesia

Delightful Visitor among the Haystacks (Luper 2017): Chrysanthemum incense and red carnation

Die Begierde (Luper 2017): Pink rose petals, rose water, sugared carnation, and white cognac

Maiko with Hair Unbound (Luper 2017): Goats milk, coconut, rice milk, honey carnation, and sugar

Eclipses Be (Great American Eclipse 2017): Rose amber, carnation, and clove

Cherophobia Yule 2017: bubbling white ginger gurgling through hot red carnations, shreds of orange peel, and globs of honey

Nes Gadol Haya Shem (Yule 2017): opoponax and lemon verbena, patchouli, heliotrope, pomegranate, and almond, frankincense, myrtle, and hyssop, carnation, myrrh, red poppy, and hibiscus

Zarita the Doll Girl (CD new release): white carnation, iris, orange blossom, poisonous pale white berries, and sugared cream

Yay, carnation!

As part of The High Priestess:The Eternal Virgin

The keeper of the secrets that are hidden [AB3] at the moment that life begins. Her light is the veil that cloaks the spirit; she is the mediator between the supplicant and the word of the gods.

White carnation, cardamom pod, and honey milk.

If you like the carnation note in Hod, get thee a bottle of Luke 10:25-37! The two are very similar, but Luke has sandalwood in place of the marshmallowy vanilla in Hod.

Gently, Gently Bath Oil!

A great, warm hug of relief: snow-dusted carnation and sweet clove.

This 2017 Yule has become one of my favorite bath oils (I use them as after shower moisturizers). The carnation is what comes out the strongest on me, the clove is spicy but not as strong, and the scent is so lovely and sweet. It's just wonderful for carnation lovers. I pair it with Alice and walk around in a sweet and spicy carnation cloud all day. ❤  

I’m craving carnations, so I came in here to mosey around and drool. 
I figure while I’m here, I’ll list a few recents~

Dead Leaves & Red Carnations
Bourbon Vanilla & Yellow Carnation

Honey & White Carnation BO 

To Lesbia (a vivacious carnation incense)

Song of Hope (a warm amber carnation with patchouli root, ambergris accord, balsam of Peru, vanilla absolute, black pepper, clove husk, ochre leather, and pimento berry)

There is no Bliss LikeThis (billows of vanilla with pink carnation, warm clove husk, sweet patchouli, ylang ylang, and cinnamon bark)

Wan Wan (Furry white musk, hay absolute, vanilla husk, clove bud, carnation, jonquil, and myrrh)

All My Friends are Turning Green (honeyed honeybush and carnation blackened, slowed, and thickened by raspy aged patchouli, sweet clove, and opoponax)

Ganymede’s Junk (White sandalwood, pink carnation, clove bud, muguet, and vanilla absolute)

Chordae Tendineae (blood musk, radiant golden amber, gilded carnation, orange blossom, and red cognac)

Twelve Tastes in the Classification of Passion (mandarin, carnation, and clove bud)

And for the dashing beard-bearers...

Byronic Antihero Beard Oil (a Victorian fougère and a dashing carnation boutonniere tainted by a cloud of khus, yew, and patchouli)

I haven’t tried them all, and I’m sure there are more worthy of mentioning... *drools*

Funnily, I didn’t wear any carnation scents today... I did huff all my carnation bottles (all two hah!)
Looking forward to my next carnation adventure!