Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Snow White

Where is my order? What is Click N Ship? How long does this take?

Hi!

I hate to be a pain, but how long should I wait before e-mailing the lab about a possible lost package? I got a CnS on 3/29 for shipment on 3/30. Here it is almost 6 days later and I haven't seen the package yet. Priority Mail is supposed to deliever within 5 days, right? I figure I should probably at least wait until the end of the week, but I wasn't sure and thought I'd ask for some advice.

Thanks, guys! You're all fabulous!

:P

Hi there - I would not worry just yet. I usually do not even count the pick-up day when I begin my C&S countdown, and there's Sunday to deal with... I generally expect a package within 7 business days of the C&S, unless there's been an update posted about delays (like when the move/flooding happened).

That's just me, though. I don't base it on hard data. :P

I hope this is the appropriate place for this question....

From everything I've read, it seems you get a confirmation email when your order ships out. I ordered via CCNow, and my order status page says that the order shipped yesterday, yet I did not receive an email. Should I be getting an email if it actually shipped?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the answer.

Edited by Mnemosyne

If I click the link on the email confirmations I got from CCNow, both orders say their status is "Shipped" as of yesterday (Sept. 29). Before this, their status said "Order Received."

Does this mean they're REALLY shipped? Or does it mean something else?

Thanks!

Sheila :P

Sheila,

Assume your BPAL order will take about 5 weeks (unless you are international).

I think the CCNOW message just means that the BPAL folks have your order. I'm still fairly new myself, but I have learned not to pay any attention to the CCNOW status.

Regarding the above confusion, I got caught by that one from CCNow. To top it off, my order status page looked like this:

Order Number: 123-45-6789

Order Status: Shipped

Order History: 25 Mar 2005 - Received

31 Mar 2005 - Order Shipped

Supplier: Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab

Now, that might lead one to conclude that the order had shipped. I know better than to think that it shipped on March 31st, but that "Order Status: Shipped" at the top had me elated. I called CCNow and they couldn't tell me if the order had really shipped. What a bummer. So the Order Status link isn't really of any use to us, I think. Am I wrong?

I have not gotten a CnS, but others who placed orders when I did seem to be getting them now and seeing that their packages have shipped out. I suspect that CCNow doesn't send you a CnS, but PayPal does. Am I right?

Arggh! So close but yet...so faaaaar away.

This question gets asked a lot. When CCNow says "Shipped" it just means that your order has been pulled from the queue. It has nothing to do with actual physical shipment of your order.

I have not gotten a CnS, but others who placed orders when I did seem to be getting them now and seeing that their packages have shipped out. I suspect that CCNow doesn't send you a CnS, but PayPal does. Am I right?

A CnS email comes from the US Postal Service, from the address:

USPS_Shipping_Services@usps.com

The email subject will read:

Click-N-Ship Notification

Hope that helps! I don't even LOOK at CCNow after I've placed my order. It won't tell you anything about the actual shipping of your package. Best place to watch is the CnS and I got my order threads, and your inbox. Hope your lovelies arrive soon! :P

Not everyone gets a C'n'S, and it doesn't matter what method you paid with. The Lab does its best to get C'n'S to everyone, I suppose. I've seen discussions of things like this throughout the BPAL FAQ, just so you know.

AAAIIIIGGHHH!!! But this is actually a relief, because I've been bouncing like a crazy person waiting for it and thinking it must have been lost, and now I'm not so freaked out (made an order on the 8th of May).

Also I can stop driving my landlady crazy. Which is, you know, good.

*bounces more quietly*

I got my CnS last week, and I've been waiting and waiting and waiting. I finally checked the tracking number, and it said it was delivered on the 19th. I never got anything. I doubt highly that it was stolen since I usually have no problems with packages going missing in my building. I've already contacted the lab but I'm on the verge of tears now because it's my order of gone or about to be gone oils:

2x Mi-Go Brain Canister - 5ml

1 x Corazon - 5ml

1 x Chiroptera - 5ml

1 x Tulzscha - 5ml

1 x Shub-Niggurath - 5ml

Anyone have any helpful advice? I already called my post office, but they were unhelpful as usual, insisting it was delivered.

crap. :D :P

thanks.

Check with people in your building maybe? Same appartment number, different floor, or something? Perhaps it was delivered to the wrong person.

AAAIIIIGGHHH!!! But this is actually a relief, because I've been bouncing like a crazy person waiting for it and thinking it must have been lost, and now I'm not so freaked out (made an order on the 8th of May).

Also I can stop driving my landlady crazy. Which is, you know, good.

*bounces more quietly*

Right about now they're seeming to take a good bit longer than 5 weeks. Currently it's more like 8 weeks.

Instead of bugging your landlady, you can just be an obsessive nut like me and check this thread every day:

http://www.bpal.org/index.php?showtopic=13454&st=300

I thread lets you know who has gotten click-n-ships for their orders and what date they placed the original order. Then you have a rough estimate of which orders are currently shipping. If you look in that thread, the March 25 through April 1st orders are currently shipping.

EDIT: Eeep, I hadn't checked that thread since early this morning. Seems like people got Click-n-Ships for some orders up to April 4th today.

Edited by Mnemosyne

Check with people in your building maybe?  Same appartment number, different floor, or something?  Perhaps it was delivered to the wrong person.

did that. i live in a tiny walkup with only 4 apartments and grilled everyone.

i'm so upset right now. i really hope it turns up. =(

Hmmm, my 3/25 Paypal order still hasn't shown up, and I'm getting kind of worried. It's only my second BPAL order ever, and it's my first Paypal. Am I freaking out for no reason, or is this normal?

ETA: When I ordered it I did not get a confirmation from the Lab. When I emailed them about the confirmation a couple of weeks later they said all was well. But that was almost three months ago!

Edited by ShadowAngel

You may want to email the lab at: answers@blackphoenixalchemylab.com

to inquire about your order just for your own peace of mind. I'm in the same situation you are and emailed them 2 days ago and the response was:

"For unknown reason a handful of 3/25 orders were not sent to us from paypal. We found your order on paypal and it will be filled and shipped in the next few days. "

You may be one of those 'handfuls' like me that was climbing up the wall with worry....this has never happened to me with all the orders I've placed. But I was happy that the lab was putting extra effort to expedite my order. :P

Just received from Sara at the Lab:

Because we love you we are going to reship the order. I will get it out with our next batch of internationals. If you need anything else please let me know. (-:

Awww... They love me! :P And they're replacing my lost package! Yet more proof of the amazingness of BPAL...

Edited by Miss Lynx

I'm a little curious about how orders are processed (looked through FAQs and topics, and this seems to be the place to ask:)

Blood Moon (as well as Beaver Moon) went live early, which I caught by chance and ordered two bottles within the first hour, receiving my CCNow receipt by 6:?? p.m. on Sept. 17. I notice a great many people are and have been receiving their Blood Moon orders. Are these processed chronologically or by last names (in which case we bottom-of-the-alphabet-ers are once again... well, at the bottom?) :P Just want to know if I should continue to endure or start worrying about a lost package. :D Thanks!

I'm curious as well. I always wonder when I see via the CnS thread that orders ordered days after mine are on their way and I am still waiting. It's a curiosity. I've tested the PayPal vs. CCNow thing - and that doesn't seem to matter. And of course eBay wins tossed in make it all kerfluffled! So I haven't been able to figure out any rhyme or reason how the queue is determined or what puts one order ahead of another.

Wichapi, no one from the lab has ever posted exactly how the queue order is determined. I have ordered during the first hour of an update and been one of the last to get a package, and ordered late and been one of the first to get my order. Regardless of how the original order queue starts forming on an update day, it's going to get shuffled immensely as they go along filling orders - for example, if they still need a batch of a certain oil blended, then orders with that oil are going to move down the queue and they'll pack orders that they have everything on hand for. Or if an ingredient for another blend is backordered, all the orders with THAT blend will also move down the queue.

So after 14 months of BPAL-ling, I've come to the conclusion that the time of day you place your order on an update day isn't a good indicator of how early or late your package is going to arrive.

I know that doesn't really answer your question - but it's the best I could do! :P

I think there are a bunch of explanations. (And since I'm sitting here at work doing nothing, I will list them all!)

1) I know the Lab does their best to get things out in chronological order, but to ask them to look at *what time* of day an order was placed may be just a little too much. In my opinion. I know I've heard lots of people say "but I ordered first thing in the morning!". To be that strict would be enough to drive one batty.

2) They're always looking at ways to speed up delivery times - so if they have all of the items of an order that was placed on Sept. 10 at the ready, while a Sept. 5 order may need a bottle of Intrigue mixed up, it's probably in their best interest to get that Sept. 10 order out the door.

3) It's certainly possbile (virtually guaranteed!) that there's more than one person filling orders. Perhaps Jim is able to pack the orders slightly more quickly than John , and if they are both given piles of orders to fill from the same day, that could be another explanation.

4) We (and of course I mean, me, too) are SO glued to the Click'n'Ship thread. I can't think of any other company who's shipping activities are monitored so closely. We wonder why orders get sent out out-of-order, but we also wonder why the shipping times aren't speeding up. I think that if the Lab were to pack orders STRICTLY in the order they came in, the shipping times would drop again. And we don't want that! :P

Thanks all. Since I didn't know, I included the time information in case it had any bearing. Better to include all info up front on question than hash it out over four or five q&a postings, eh? I am not one who frequents the CnS thread or this one. Things come when they come. But after a few days of hearing about Blood Moon, the ol' BPAL addiction starts to override the patience factor. You know the old joke: What did one starving vulture say to other starving vulture? Patience my ass, I'm gonna KILL someone.

IvyandPeony!! Thanks for helping SevenSins and me with our HMMMMMMs... Your explanation about oil availability and batch amount really resonated. Of course! And I doubt very much that the Lab has a mechanized assembly line fill-er-up process... But gawd, can you imagine??? I also have to keep reminding myself that BPAL just moved, too. Yea right, like that's an excuse :P (<--- that's the best smiley I could find to express evil satire.)

This is urgent !!!!

Can someone tell me how to contact the staff of BPAL ???

I urgently need to change my shipping address !!! And they are not responding to any emails until now. Is it so hard to reply an email????

I do not mind waiting for the products but I NEED TO CHANGE MY SHIPPING ADDRESS !!!!!

I do not believe I had to wait for weeks just for an email reply!!!

This is urgent !!!!

Can someone tell me how to contact the staff of BPAL ???

I urgently need to change my shipping address !!! And they are not responding to any emails until now. Is it so hard to reply an email????

I do not mind waiting for the products but I NEED TO CHANGE MY SHIPPING ADDRESS !!!!!

I do not believe I had to wait for weeks just for an email reply!!!

Ummmm, I would suspect that because they have been in the process of moving the lab and all it's intricacies and little pieces etc. etc...that they have probably been somewhat incommunicado except for emergencies. I'm not sure which is the best email address to use but i would be pretty confident that they will get your message before your order goes out. Did you put "URGENT SHIPPING ADDRESS CHANGE" in the subject line? I would think they scan through the emails etc..at the very least, but they may not have had a reliable hookup ya know with the move.

On another note (this isn't meant for you of course), I'm always wondering and waiting for my shipment cause i'm so damn anxious and love bpal so much. I do it with all etailers actually LOL...but i do always keep myself in check by reminding myself how many retailers and etailers have a standard 6-8 week ship time...so in all reality, bpal isn't really out of the norm on that in my opinion! Especially for a basically custom/handmade type of product that isn't produced by the million in a factory!