Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Belladonnastrap

Beatrice

A scent inspired by Beatrice, Rappaccini’s delicate, beautiful, innocent and deadly daughter. A fragile, winsome, poisonous blend of rare, precious and graceful flowers, rich blossoms and spicy perfumes that passes heavily, as a broken heart, across the borders of Time.

Heady victorian flowers that go powdery. Very delicate and floral, with no green bitterness. Very pretty, but doesn't go well with my skin chemistry.

Same for me. Drat. A powdery vanilla at the end with spicy flowers just detectable underneath. On first application it was a bit too overwhelming - I felt like Beatrice in the garden, must read!

Oooh, floral! It's round, creamy floral notes, though--rose and spicy carnation, and some others I can't identify. It's very rich, and complex. I expected the rose to take over, but it keeps its layers, never shifting to one specific note or another. It's like standing in a garden, in the middle of a lush summer afternoon. It's not an innocent blend, but it's a pure one. I don't know how to explain it, but it's a beautiful match to the description.

Beatrice didn't work for me at all in the imp that was passed on to me. I knew I liked spices and resins and stuff, but I honestly thought I was able to tolerate florals a lot more than I really can. It went all cheap, sharp, really really really floral soap on me. The kind I used to find at my grandmother's house, and loathed even as a child. I'll pass this on to someone whose body chemistry will surely love it better than mine!

This is overwhelmingly floral. I am certain I detect roses, and I smell lilies, too. Otherwise, this is hard to pin down. I'm not good with floral notes.

I also smell something creamy and soft, almost powdery. Vanilla?

It calms down a little from its initial floral blast, and lo and behold, the spices emerge. At this phase it is at its most beautiful, yet it is still very traditionally perfume-y.

The drydown is a dry floral spice that is at once appealing and elegant. Definitely traces of amber and vanilla.

In the imp: Husky florals

On Skin: Warm, light florals, with a swirl of vanilla. I also get a slight sharp edge to it, which I think is jasmine.

On Drydown: Warmer and creamier, but very faint.

Verdict: Beatrice all but vanishes on my skin after thirty minutes. It might be pretty but it's impossible for me to tell after the first half hour. Off to swaps.

I love roses to an unhealthy degree, but since trying out BPAL scents I'm heartbroken to discover they nearly all turn to soap on me almost immediately - there are only two that don't - this and Rose Cross.

Beatrice is beautiful and delicate and a little bit menacing. It's hard for me to identify the individual notes, but I get a lovely green lushness as much as any kind of floral, like walking through a very overgrown garden after the rain with pale, ghostly roses dotted all through the tangle of leaves.

Love it.

In the imp: sweet, soft roses and a jumble of other florals.

On me, wet: whoops, something is going soapy here. I think it's a jasmine-ish soap, and it's blocking out most of the other notes. Grf.

On me, dry: powder, plastic, soap and spices. I can detect a hint of some other florals but they're mostly lost in the mix.

Verdict: Alas. Stupid skin chemistry.

Bottle: Roses, some spice. A little soapy :P

On Me: Heaven. I absolutely love this one. The roses are sweet and rich, the spices are warm and inviting. It's just lovely. This is one of my all time favourites.

In the bottle, this smelled like a really crisp, bright floral. Wet, it smelled the same, just a little richer and spicier, but sadly, morphed into pure powder as soon as it dried, and stayed that way for the rest of the day.

I think this may have been a frimp and I was excited to try it. It's hard to pick out individual flower scents at first, just a nice light floral in general. Later I get the slight creaminess and rosier hue to the flowers. The spices rear their head and it's a pleasant smell. Not really my type, but nice :P

Bottle: Soft florals, a bit creamy. I detect what I think is a milk or cream note and a bit of the opium note.

Wet: The scent goes a bit green for a while--I get a heavy waft of lily at this point and a touch of what I think is carnation.

Dry: Gorgeous. There's definitely a creaminess to this but it's not foody--I think it's opium and it sort of reminds me of a more daytime friendly Sleepy Moon. I get predominantly lilies with undercurrents of rose, carnation and a sort of "blue" smell I recognize from Dreamland. Very floral but also very soft and skin close. It smells like skin that has been brushed with these florals rather than the florals themselves.

Throw: Close to the skin.

Overall: I love Beatrice. It's a beautifulm unusual scent that's appropriate for pretty much any situation you find yourself in. The florals are present but are a little reigned in, so it's not as lush or heady as some of the other floral scents. It evokes Beatrice perfectly--that swirl of (opium?) creaminess adds a lot of dimension to the existing florals and there's a definite tint of poison and intrigue to the blend.

I just got a bottle of this, Beatrice was a name I always wanted to name my daughter when I was pregnant so it had significance...

I love the scent!!! Its a Rose, with I want to say lily in the background, like the black lily type lily, lending a touch of darkness to it.

Awesome throw. Just beautiful!!!

I'm definitely getting soft roses and other floral notes swirled in vanilla.

Very lovely scent, but it doesn't seem to want to stay on my skin. I think I will pass this one along for someone else to try.

I managed to snag a partial bottle of this and love to try the older blends, so here goes! Definitely floral, but a vanilla floral. White Rose and carnation for sure, maybe other florals too. A little powdery, but not in a bad way to my nose - maybe amber?

creamy spicy floriental

I recently obtained a partial bottle of this and it's probably no longer what it was when it was fresh, but I really like it as it is now. Roses and Lilies with a spicy undertone.